test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry and xbox one

How will the Foundry work on the console port? Also will we still have all the freedom to move around the galaxy that we do on pc

Comments

• rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    There will be no foundry as far as I'm aware.But yes the sector map will be intact.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah they'd need to rebuild the foundry editor interface... too much work. :/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xenocloud666xenocloud666 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well they can at least port the Foundry missions already made over I would think
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    The problem is that producing content for Xbox One and PS4 is that ALL content must be reviewed. That means for every foundry mission ported, a Microsoft and Sony Content Approval Officer must play through and give the "all-clear".

Too much work. Plus moving a mission across is nowhere near as simple as copying some files (at least I would hazard a guess). Any thoughts on this @tacofangs ?
    Well I have dealt with Microsoft and thier rules for content when I was making indie games they are not nearly as strict as Sony also there should not be much difficulty in porting the Foundry missions as they when finished and compiled are basically 2 or 3 files for each mission that are all stored server side no need for Sony or Microsoft to even touch them
    I mean come on without the Foundry missions it's not even the same game
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    IT is indeed not as simple as copy and pasting text over to port foundry missions into the main game itself. It takes a number of man/woman hours to do it. Thats not to say that it cannot be done, but just that it would be a pain and certainly not something that would happen in the early days as they are finding all the new and interesting ways the game breaks at drop date. As to there ever being foundry missions, well thats a harder thing to say. I think some of it might be quality control issues on the consoles part, but there could be technical hurdles as well. Im not certain anyone has ever really done a behind the scenes expose of how the foundry works in the game network, but its always felt like part of it runs on a completely separate section (one that gets reapportioned whenever some event is running) While I imagine the architecture for xbone and windows is very similar now (especially with the advent of the windows 10 one platform thing) I dont know if the interactions can be said to be the same in the ps4 department

Its saddening that we wont get to share what we create with our console breathren, but all we can do is push to change that policy in the most polite and structured ways we can.