test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rewards of pvp

borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
we all know one of the reasons pvp is dead is because there are no rewards in doing it... at least give us a mark choice package after an arena match to make our grinding less boring...

pvp needs more maps... come on, new match types or something...

Comments

• orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    we all know one of the reasons pvp is dead is because there are no rewards in doing it... at least give us a mark choice package after an arena match to make our grinding less boring...

Funnily enough, I'd say rewards are the LEAST of PvP's problems. PvP is so BS now that all decent rewards would do is invite AFKers.

Lets be frank here, there will be nothing new PvP related. Nothing.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    well some sort of afk penalty like other games have would be nice. but pvp in sto is not that bad, its just that most ppl suck really bad at it
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Let's really be honest, PVP isn't bad, for everyone except healers. I do think (or at least hope) Season 11.5 will help with survivability more, but as for people learning to stay near the healer, that is another story.

I agree with you Prime, better rewards would be welcome. I get tired of seeing a whole 1k xp and ec reward at the end of matches.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
    it will definitely improve tanking with the new skill tree, strategic specialization and threatening stance
    plus its harder now to do damage due to the debuff/dmg boosts revamp, lets see :p
  • captainhunter05captainhunter05 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    the prob is we are not enough who play pvp in the game so the focus on other stuff
    27871612ud.png

imo its the other way arround, ppl dont play pvp because they dont focus on pvp, not even a new map in years, it gets boring for most ppl
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    imo its the other way arround, ppl dont play pvp because they dont focus on pvp, not even a new map in years, it gets boring for most ppl

The last time we asked for maps (about three years ago) the devs gave an official reply: The reason why there are no additional pvp maps is that the devs don't know how to make any more pvp maps. The maps we have were coded on the original engine by a developer who didn't leave any notes when he left the team, so they have literally no idea how to hook maps up for pvp- and they aren't willing to just try copying the code because it could cause the maps we HAVE to stop working.
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think that was the reason we didn't get that new ground map they advertised with the Dominion war feature episodes
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    There's a suggestion that crops up every now and again, most recently here. Simply put, they're talking about an adaption of DCUO's Legends PvP mode, where players have access to a roster of completely stock, unmodifiable ships used only for this purpose. To refine the linked proposal, I would suggest that none of these be purchasable with zen or dilithium - you start off with a selection of T1 ships, and climb a rep track to not only unlock new ship tiers. Note that, since this is explained in-universe as holodeck exercises, the selection here can be completely faction-agnostic.

As for rewards? Well, I was thinking they'd be purely aesthetic - variant hull patterns for your actual ships (much easier to do with the implementation of visual slots), character titles, et cetera.

Note that dirtside PvP is a whole other animal, best discussed in another thread.

As for the devs 'not knowing how to make PvP maps', that is rather hard to believe; more so is the idea that copying an existing map to a test environment and reverse-engineering it to see how it does work would somehow affect existing maps.
  • delta#5820 delta Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I usually don't read walls of text, but that's pretty spot on. Cryptic is going to be hard pressed with the console community when they realize pvp is underwhelming.
    [TRH] Delta
    Delta - Recluse
    Omega - Scimitar
    Alpha - MVAM
    Beta - Wells
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User

would be nice..

Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • baldguywithacapebaldguywithacape Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Why don't they just make it so that the warzone maps give out good rewards? Kerrat and Otha can give out decent rewards sometimes where you can sell them on the exchange for like 6 mil or something, but it's really not worth it and has nothing to do with the PvP aspect. A very, very, very simple update they could do is make/update a map as a "PvP Battlezone", so related to places like the Ground Voth Battlezone and the Terran Battlezone (two similar battlezones with the Terran based off of the Voth Battlezone). Add some simple high-reward daily Battlezone rewards for doing PvP-based objectives (capturing a point, killing some players, successfully defending a point, completing/winning a battlezone). This would encourage players (yes, including those who aren't considered "good" at PvP) to participate, remove any possibility of farming, make premades matter less (because of the sizes of maps), give players a new way to earn rewards, and most importantly, ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME. Just add higher quality rewards to all battlezones (PvE and proposed PvP) and BAM we got a participating gaming community on our hands.
    And don't say this would be too hard because I would slap you O_o
    -Florence@warfisawesome
    power creep and more power creep... they keep trying to give us stuff worth buying but they are forgetting about making a game worth playing, the ui is still the same fps drop TRIBBLE, still no 3d flying, 1950-like animations, the game feels unfinished, buggy and cartoon«ish, if you are in ground you cant see your space stats and vice-versa, no way to check on current shield resistances, or physical/radiation,electrical, etc etc, pve is boring since you need to keep making the same TRIBBLE over and over again, i mean, its been a long way since f2p, but they still want us to repeat all the episodes again ? AGAIN ?? and they wonder why players are leaving ? its not because they dont launch enough p2w stuff, they actually launch too much p2wstuff lol compared to other mmos where they only get major expansions like every 2 years lol i feel kinda sad... i really like this game but cryptic is destroying it...
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    power creep and more power creep... they keep trying to give us stuff worth buying but they are forgetting about making a game worth playing, the ui is still the same fps drop ****, still no 3d flying, 1950-like animations, the game feels unfinished, buggy and cartoon«ish, if you are in ground you cant see your space stats and vice-versa, no way to check on current shield resistances, or physical/radiation,electrical, etc etc, pve is boring since you need to keep making the same **** over and over again, i mean, its been a long way since f2p, but they still want us to repeat all the episodes again ? AGAIN ?? and they wonder why players are leaving ? its not because they dont launch enough p2w stuff, they actually launch too much p2wstuff lol compared to other mmos where they only get major expansions like every 2 years lol i feel kinda sad... i really like this game but cryptic is destroying it...

As a late great merchant once said, "but what, there's more!".

*lens flare intensifies*
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png