test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread for the New Queue Days of Doom

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Please use this thread to post feedback and issues found for the new queue Days of Doom.

New Space Queue: Days of Doom

Comments

• orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Enjoyable mission. First time I've actually had any real reason for speed in a queue (other than finishing it faster). Think I might go for EPTE1, Aux2damp3, thrill seeker and advanced engines next time. Maybe APO1 also.

In some ways it reminds me of the original version of the Doomsday Device mission, where we had to keep visiting the core of a planet to restock our weapons.

Overall enjoyable and varied. Probably one of the better space queues.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2016
    Real enjoyable mission

Although i have some suggestions

1: Make the DDM un-targetable for us
    2: Add a toggle for the ANNOYING FPS HOG that's called Film Grain Effect
    3: Once the Dreadnought Core is dropped in the path the DDM make it so that its locked in place

DDM=Doomsday Machine​​
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    I would not agree with enjoyable. Honestly if you're going to have that much text, it should be a story mission. This is a queue. It will be cute the first five so times, and be old as dirt after that. Other than that, agree with the above, except for the film grain effect. Just take it out. On my screen it looked practically black and white. There's an old space station, and Scotty is there, we get that its in the past. It was cute for the TOS missions, but it should end there.​​
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • fl219fl219 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I like the mission. I only have one complaint about it. Sometimes I can pic up a warp core (non dreadnought) and drop it off infront of the doomsday machine. The red icon above my ship disappears. But no warp core is seen. It happens 2 times in a row for me. Frequently. It doesn't get destroyed. It just isn't there. Nor does it enter the doomsday either. I can go back to the ship yard and get another one. Just to have it happen again. After that my warp core drop offs appear.