test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How did this person get the Enterprise-J?

2»

Comments

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Think to remember about the 27th century ships (Paladin, etc) is that they are going to be pretty small, since they share parts with the TOS ships. The Ent-J is by all accounts GIGANTIC, but these things will be around the same size as the current TOS Connie, as the Ranger's saucer is around the same size, the Gemini a little bigger, and the Perseus a little smaller.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    That is my question, how did this person get ships to make a teaser video when they are not out yet.
    What makes them special?

They are good at what they do. Free advertisement for the game.

• dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Sweet vid, thanks for sharing
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • tempusmagustempusmagus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Demorecord. It's a built-in utility for STO that can record runs and play them back with added camera angles and other options. He doesn't necessarily have those ships, merely access to Tribble and a modified Demorecord file to replace the recorded ship with some of the unreleased ones.

Same basic thing as this video, where a T6 Scimitar was replaced the the Connie model:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo0-v64wKJQ

I sure got a lot of hate for that video. One thing about replacing skins, you have to have a demorecord file that has the ship with the skin you are looking for, at least with the tool I used for that video.

Allen is definitely great at making this videos. Part of the STO community felt that he should make their teaser videos, since he does such a great job at them. I would suggest that people who are not familiar with his work, to go and take a look at his previous videos.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Well, I guess I should chime in here.

The videos were done with Demorecord, but not in the manner that tom61sto presented.

The way that I was able to get these ships for filming was by working something out with the folks that handle media requests over at Cryptic. As e30ernest has stated, I have worked rather hard to make cinematic videos for the STO community, to give players a different view of things that have come out, like ships fleet holdings ect ect, and have earned myself a reputation of sorts.

Far to often I see players saying that they wish they could see more of the ship, as the one picture that is presented in the initial blog with the sale price isn't enough for them. In the spirit of community, and the fact that I love doing this work (which is pure hobby for me), I do these videos to help hype things up for everyone. I wouldn't say that this makes me "special" as someone put it earlier, but just someone who's worked really really hard to get where they're at now.

Please feel free to take a look through my other videos (there is a lot) I do ships, events, missions, fleet holdings and Season Trailers.

Cheers!

Very nice video. Congrats on getting media access, too! Cryptic has so rarely (never?) given pre-release access to share yet un-released ships, that it was easier to assume that you took the effort to hunt down the needed data to make the changes to show these ships.

I take it the T6 video is planned to come out after the T6 Stats blog, then?
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Demorecord. It's a built-in utility for STO that can record runs and play them back with added camera angles and other options. He doesn't necessarily have those ships, merely access to Tribble and a modified Demorecord file to replace the recorded ship with some of the unreleased ones.

Same basic thing as this video, where a T6 Scimitar was replaced the the Connie model:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo0-v64wKJQ

I sure got a lot of hate for that video. One thing about replacing skins, you have to have a demorecord file that has the ship with the skin you are looking for, at least with the tool I used for that video.

I didn't even know there was automated tools to do that. I saw a tutorial on how to manually modify that file to replace ships, and based on that, I suppose that having another file with the ship in it would be easier than having a list of every ship in game that'd have to be updated each time new ships came out.
  • tempusmagustempusmagus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    @tom61sto The tools is called STO Demolauncher on Sourceforge. It's very handy if you like messing around with Demorecord files.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    I'm just going to throw this out there. Am I the only one that looks at the Daedulus and thinks. "I could go to an adult store and buy this."

Bring me back one too.

What options does it have, though? :)