test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How did this person get the Enterprise-J?

someone posted this video on the sto reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZ4aWPG9zI&feature=youtu.be

At the end of the video there is a tease shot of the Enterprise-J. does anyone know how this person got this ship to make this video if they aren't a dev?

Comments

• captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    Because that isn't the J, it's one of the Temporal Ships you get from the Special Agent Pack.
  • mrtrexy#6456 mrtrexy Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    captsol wrote: »
    Because that isn't the J, it's one of the Temporal Ships you get from the Special Agent Pack.

oh sorry, my mistake. Well does anyone know how we can get these ships in game before the expansion like the person who made this video did?
    captsol wrote: »

oh sorry, my mistake. Well does anyone know how we can get these ships in game before the expansion like the person who made this video did?

You can't. Simple as that.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Hard to tell from the brief glimpse, but I believe that was a Paladin-class battlecruiser. Definitely not a Universe-class like ol' Ent-J, though.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »
    Hard to tell from the brief glimpse, but I believe that was a Paladin-class battlecruiser. Definitely not a Universe-class like ol' Ent-J, though.​​

I believe you're correct, sir.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    some people have special permissions on tribble to allow them to test the ships i think
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Yeah that's the Paladin class if you look closely it says "U.S.S. Paladin"
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

It is the Paladin. The Sagittarius has the same saucer thickness as the Enterprise-J and 4 nacelles while the Paladin has a thicker saucer and 2 nacelles.
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Given there's a new "The Battle of Procyon V" que, I imagine we'll be seeing the J soon enough :).
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Given there's a new "The Battle of Procyon V" que, I imagine we'll be seeing the J soon enough :).

Sweet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I guess we will see if Drexler gets his way about the Enterprise-J being longer than the Deep Space 9. Enterprise-J is two miles long according to Drexler while Deep Space 9 is almost a mile in diameter.

Sweet!

It's gonna be a giant fustercluck with ships from all sorts of times. >:)
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    That is my question, how did this person get ships to make a teaser video when they are not out yet.
    What makes them special?
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    He has been making excellent "Fresh Out Of Spacedock" videos (of released ships) for a pretty long while now. His videos have had the reputation of being better than Cryptic's best promotional videos. He asked Cryptic if he could make a video of these new ships and was granted that request because of his track record.

Basically he asked if he can make promo videos of the new ships and it was granted. It's free advertising for Cryptic afterall.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Demorecord. It's a built-in utility for STO that can record runs and play them back with added camera angles and other options. He doesn't necessarily have those ships, merely access to Tribble and a modified Demorecord file to replace the recorded ship with some of the unreleased ones.

Same basic thing as this video, where a T6 Scimitar was replaced the the Connie model:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo0-v64wKJQ
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    He did say in today's episode of "The Show" that he made the request with Cryptic to get access to the ships and they arranged it for him. Or maybe I misunderstood Zef.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    ZEF, the creator of this video, is a very talented guy. He has made a bunch of ship and event videos using demo record (also a very nice video for the 50th anniversary of Star Trek). His most popular videos got several thousand clicks which is probably why he was granted special permission.

Cryptic used to do promotional videos for new ship releases too but they never achieved ZEF's level of quality.
  • dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    Well, I guess I should chime in here.

The videos were done with Demorecord, but not in the manner that tom61sto presented.

The way that I was able to get these ships for filming was by working something out with the folks that handle media requests over at Cryptic. As e30ernest has stated, I have worked rather hard to make cinematic videos for the STO community, to give players a different view of things that have come out, like ships fleet holdings ect ect, and have earned myself a reputation of sorts.

Far to often I see players saying that they wish they could see more of the ship, as the one picture that is presented in the initial blog with the sale price isn't enough for them. In the spirit of community, and the fact that I love doing this work (which is pure hobby for me), I do these videos to help hype things up for everyone. I wouldn't say that this makes me "special" as someone put it earlier, but just someone who's worked really really hard to get where they're at now.

Please feel free to take a look through my other videos (there is a lot) I do ships, events, missions, fleet holdings and Season Trailers.

Cheers!

Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

The videos were done with Demorecord, but not in the manner that tom61sto presented.

The way that I was able to get these ships for filming was by working something out with the folks that handle media requests over at Cryptic. As e30ernest has stated, I have worked rather hard to make cinematic videos for the STO community, to give players a different view of things that have come out, like ships fleet holdings ect ect, and have earned myself a reputation of sorts.

Far to often I see players saying that they wish they could see more of the ship, as the one picture that is presented in the initial blog with the sale price isn't enough for them. In the spirit of community, and the fact that I love doing this work (which is pure hobby for me), I do these videos to help hype things up for everyone. I wouldn't say that this makes me "special" as someone put it earlier, but just someone who's worked really really hard to get where they're at now.

Please feel free to take a look through my other videos (there is a lot) I do ships, events, missions, fleet holdings and Season Trailers.

Cheers!

Don't sell yourself short, Zef. Your talent and hard work have brought a lot to the community. We're lucky to have you. Thanks for another great video. Can't wait for a spin around the T6 versions.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Unfortunately for German players, we can't see the video due to the Youtube/GEMA quarrels and the music used in the video. (Too bad Youtube doesn't allow just watching the movie without sound.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Unfortunately for German players, we can't see the video due to the Youtube/GEMA quarrels and the music used in the video. (Too bad Youtube doesn't allow just watching the movie without sound.)

http://www.zalmos.com/

"We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    edited June 2016
    reyan01 wrote: »
    starkaos wrote: »
    I guess we will see if Drexler gets his way about the Enterprise-J being longer than the Deep Space 9. Enterprise-J is two miles long according to Drexler while Deep Space 9 is almost a mile in diameter.

I suspect that, IF the Enterprise-J does make an appearance, it'll be a huge static 'object', very much like the Voth Fortress ship (from 'The Breach').

I don't know about static, it isn't quite /that/ big but I'm sure there will be something like 'Protect/Help the J'. Possibly with a separate ground queue for enemies boarding it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    perhaps a better example would be the unimatrix ships. they're ridiculously large compared to player ships.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'm just going to throw this out there. Am I the only one that looks at the Daedulus and thinks. "I could go to an adult store and buy this."
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

http://www.zalmos.com/
    Thanks!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User

Cheers!

I just last night watched those. They are awesome and it's really nice to get to see the full model of the Star ship. Thanks!
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User

Good stuff as always. I hope that if the rumors surrounding a set of "Kelvin Timeline" ships turn out to be true, you get a chance to showcase those too. Some of the ships that have been suggested as being part of that have very limited screen time or poor angles, and seeing what the Cryptic Artists made of them would be really neat :).

Good stuff as always. I hope that if the rumors surrounding a set of "Kelvin Timeline" ships turn out to be true, you get a chance to showcase those too. Some of the ships that have been suggested as being part of that have very limited screen time or poor angles, and seeing what the Cryptic Artists made of them would be really neat :).

Fingers eternally crossed for that. :)
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Allen never fails to dazzle me with his videos.
    SP9Pu.gif