test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Defense Reputation

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Comprised of Temporal Operatives from all signatories across multiple historical periods, the TDI defends the timeline against attempts to alter our common history!

You too can be a Temporal Operative! Sign up today!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I can pretend to be Iron Man now in my mk XVII Temporal Operative suit, time traveling Iron Man.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for including the Badlands battlezone as a source of marks/elite currency for this rep system.

And thanks for finally including Dual Pistols as part of a rep set.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Looks good. I look forward to seeing micro torpedo spread in action
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    Now all we need is the Time Force Megazord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3MnQ_Q9LGQ
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    - ground weapons: always the same models reskinned to infinity. boooooring
    - rep traits: more choice for only 5 slots
    - sets: nothing new; always the same stuff reuse again and again. boooring

there is a glaring lack of novelty. the reputation system is a snake biting its tail. maybe it is time to create something totally new.

fortunately there is at least the dil at T5. the only thing interesting.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    "We're the Time Haters. We've come from the future... to call ya a petaQ."
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    djxprime wrote: »
    Now all we need is the Time Force Megazord!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3MnQ_Q9LGQ

The Time Force Megazord won't exist for 250 years. We are so far behind in 2769!

• zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    A space set and reputation traits geared towards "SCIENCE!"?
    The ability to completely outfit your ship in rainbow beams?
    A ground set that includes dual pistols?
    All the reputation currency is available through the badlands battle zone?

Awwww yissssssssssssss. :)
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Ok, upon what altar do I have to sacrifice a mound of tribbles to get that armor skin included IN THE NORMAL UNIFORM OPTIONS so I can mix an match with it instead of it forever being dammed to some aesthetic purgatory of its own separate tab? Seriously: tribbles will die. Donuts and fruit baskets will be sent to the office. Whatever it takes. But PLEASE stop kicking costume creativity in the balls with separate tabs for every Rep-armor...
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    "We're the Time Haters. We've come from the future... to call ya a petaQ."

XS5LK.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »
    Ok, upon what altar do I have to sacrifice a mound of tribbles to get that armor skin included IN THE NORMAL UNIFORM OPTIONS so I can mix an match with it instead of it forever being dammed to some aesthetic purgatory of its own separate tab? Seriously: tribbles will die. Donuts and fruit baskets will be sent to the office. Whatever it takes. But PLEASE stop kicking costume creativity in the balls with separate tabs for every Rep-armor...
    Well, to be fair, they did it with the Mirror Rep armor, so hopefully, they'll do it again for this one.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    I'm kind of excited about it, myself :) I can see where this rep might be too... subtle, for some people.

Me, this is actually the first reputation that might make me want to go after reputation gear all out and finally give us sciencey Control freaks serious power, between this and the specialization.

I wasn't planning to put my TOS character in science blues, but I may have to rethink that. Now I might lean heavily toward an Andorian science officer. Decisions, decisions...
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    I feel like this is a troll post.
  • trejgontrejgon Member Posts: 323 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

actually herald thrall and terran defence sets are available in duty uniform section off duty seciton and if you are stubborn enought you can fit some of pieces into beachwear separates :P

as for the reputation itself - daaaamn I'll need to rework my build from the scratch to fit all these new shinies into it...

and daaaamn those new armors looks sexy :D

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Elenortirie_xSmall.png
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Omergerd, rainbows everywhere!
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I am definitely going to grind out both the ground sets for the armour and the space sets to outfit one of my temporal starships I will get (unsure which actual ship to buy yet)
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    No one else realizes that they mention a second queue? The Battle of Procyon V? Hyppppeeeeede!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    edit: whoops, misread
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Rainbow dual pistols for everyone! :) This alone makes this rep worth grinding for something besides dil bonus, at least for some of my alts...

I also like that the 4-piece space set is sciency and the 3-piece could, at least theoretically, be useful on AP beamboats (would be even more if console was a [DrainX] instead of [CtrlX], but, whatever, it's not like AP beamboats desperately need buffing. :D)

I wonder how the new cores would interact with other sector speed perma-buffs... Is it a base warp increase that things like [Drv] or [+SecSpd] can build upon, or is it just the same as one of those buffs? What happens if you have both this and Assimilated engine?

Post edited by nebfab on
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    nebfab wrote: »
    Rainbow dual puistols for everyone! :) This alone makes this rep worth grinding for something besides dil bonus, at least for some of my alts...

I also like that the 4-piece space set is sciency and the 3-piece could, at least theoretically, be useful on AP beamboats (would be even more if console was a [DrainX] instead of [CtrlX], but, whatever, it's not like AP beamboats desperately need buffing. :D)

I wonder how the new cores would interact with other sector speed perma-buffs... Is it a base warp increase that things like [Drv] or [+SecSpd] can build upon, or is it just the same as one of those buffs? What happens if you have both this and Assimilated engine?

Yep, curious about this as well. They really need to go back and re-visit all of the old sets and add and move the sector speed buffs to warp cores. Some time ago one of the devs said that adding cores/4-piece bonuses to the old sets was on the board, this might be the first real sign of that.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    First reaction:

"Rainbow guns huh? Mm" *nods*
    Liking the Miniaturized Chrono-Capacitor and Chrono-Capacitor Array (Passive) :smile:

Reaction after taking a closer look:
    These can be earned by participating in the Days of Doom and The Battle of Procyon V queues, as well as the Badlands Battlezone.

*squeeee*

Need more info! :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Since I've yet to bother with any of the Rep gear in the past, I have one question for those in the know...

Can rep armors be tinted any color you want or are they set to a default set of colors?

If I can choose the colors, then I might be getting the armor simply so I can play as a Paragon Protector. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    aten66 wrote: »
    No one else realizes that they mention a second queue? The Battle of Procyon V? Hyppppeeeeede!

No one else on the forums so far mentioned it. But... Enterprise J is coming!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    aten66 wrote: »

No one else on the forums so far mentioned it. But... Enterprise J is coming!

Scroll up 3 posts and you'll find me just as exctied :smiley: Same reason ^^
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Thanks for including the Badlands battlezone as a source of marks/elite currency for this rep system.

That is indeed great.
    kelettes wrote: »
    These can be earned by participating in the Days of Doom and The Battle of Procyon V queues, as well as the Badlands Battlezone.

*squeeee*

Need more info! :smiley:

Tier 6 Nova FTW?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Pass, no solo way to do this Rep. Just like the last one. So instead I will focus on my lower level Alts.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    farmallm wrote: »
    Pass, no solo way to do this Rep. Just like the last one. So instead I will focus on my lower level Alts.

Ummm, if I'm not mistaken, the Badlands Battlezone is able to be completed while not teamed, as long as there are other players in the zone working towards the same goal. Perhaps not "soloable", but pretty close.

It sounds like this will work the same way the Dyson ground BZ works and the Undine Space BZ as well. You can get marks and Elite marks simply by contributing.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.