test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AoY Weapons Question

jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
Will there be a suite of TOS themed ship weapons available with AoY? For instance, we already have TOS Phasers, but will here be dual beam banks or cannons in the same style available? This will in all likelihood make or break my decision to use a TOS skin at T6...

Comments

• captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Is this about TOS ship weapons only?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Maybe, additionally to the TOS phaser which are already in the game we've seen TOS photon torps and TOS disruptors on tribble. Would be a waste to make their fx and not use them outside of a hand full of episodes.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I'm not sure what was unclear about my question.

What I mean is, will we see DBB's, DHC's, etc., in the same style as the TOS Phasers? Like how Andorian phasers come in all weapon types? I want to run the Theseus with the Perseus skin but if the only TOS phaser weapons I have are the beam arrays, I won't be able to do it effectively, so I'm hoping there are dual beam banks with the same visual/sound effect and damage type.
  • kcansur7kcansur7 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Resonant Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons look very much like what TOS cannons would look like. TOS Phasers are dual beam banks or do you want 4 beams coming out of one bank.

Dual Beam Banks aren't the same as TOS phasers. The VFX for the TOS shows 2 beams per weapon from a single hardpoint.