test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FACT: There are MORE than 6 missions in the Agents of Yesterday TOS expansion

Comments

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    Yeah, the TOS sector block is the part that makes me most curious.... it's the sort of thing I wouldn't expect them to build just as a temporary place. As-is you apparently have to be a TOS fed to go there, but you can't go back once you go to the present? Kinda strange.

its temporary and its not I'm guessing in as much as though your ToS character passes a certain point they cannot go back but you could create another ToS at any time in the future and that map will still be there just the same as a romulan character could not go back to his starting map and see it as it was before he progressed to the invasion part of his story line but you could create a new romulan to see that starting map.
    it may be on a different scale but the principle is the same.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Thing is though... the devs made it very distinct from the normal sector block.... they actually added an invisiwall to the SECTOR SPACE map to keep you from crossing the Romulan neutral zone....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    Thing is though... the devs made it very distinct from the normal sector block.... they actually added an invisiwall to the SECTOR SPACE map to keep you from crossing the Romulan neutral zone....

I admit I rather liked that. :)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

nice!
    edited June 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Yeah, the TOS sector block is the part that makes me most curious.... it's the sort of thing I wouldn't expect them to build just as a temporary place. As-is you apparently have to be a TOS fed to go there, but you can't go back once you go to the present? Kinda strange.

its temporary and its not I'm guessing in as much as though your ToS character passes a certain point they cannot go back but you could create another ToS at any time in the future and that map will still be there just the same as a romulan character could not go back to his starting map and see it as it was before he progressed to the invasion part of his story line but you could create a new romulan to see that starting map.

The Devs have said flatly that we will be going back and forth in time.

as I haven't seen what episodes the ToS characters have access to I will take that with a pinch of salt, there have been many occasions where my regular characters have gone back or forward in time all before the new sector map is added to the game and if the ToS characters have access to the same episodes I guess the devs would be correct.
    whether there are any missions that we don't know of yet where you actually make use of the ToS sector map remains to be seen.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    well, i can tell you right now that
    neither Core of the Matter nor Vorgon Conclusions makes use of the TOS sector map - it just has you going to a location in the 25th century sector map and starting it like any other episode, and all time travel done in those missions is done as usual; the fancy temporal vortex animation inside a system
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    The Dev's should add missions, or content within them implying the period inbetween TOS and TMP. Perhaps a supply mission to Epsilon 9, lines from NPC's about uniforms, starship/ESD refitting, and so on.
    edited June 2016
    captsol wrote: »

It's also interesting the TOS sector block includes places we don't go during the Tribble missions. Vulcan, Andoria, Starbase 39-Sierra, the Delphic Region, etc.

there are many locations on the regular quadrant sector map that have never been used for missions either including Vulcan, Andoria and many others.
    I would not base any assumptions on that factor.

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Has Daniels made an appearance yet?

Daniels
    appears nearly right away in the new TOS intro arc.

It's also interesting the TOS sector block includes places we don't go during the Tribble missions. Vulcan, Andoria, Starbase 39-Sierra, the Delphic Region, etc.

there are many locations on the regular quadrant sector map that have never been used for missions either including Vulcan, Andoria and many others.
    Actually there ARE mission on live that require you to go to Vulcan. Andoria? not so much, but it is technically a social zone... on live.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited June 2016

Actually there ARE mission on live that require you to go to Vulcan. Andoria? not so much, but it is technically a social zone... on live.

the only "mission" I can remember involving those locations were the anniversary event mission and I don't count them as story missions and that was the type of mission I was referring to, having said that perhaps my memory fails me can you name these missions.
    and by the by I am not referring to foundry missions either.

even so either way my point still stands, there are many places throughout the current timeline sector maps that are not used in missions.

Also there's a daily at Vulcan that you can do for diplomacy xp.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    At this point its pretty obvious that there are more than 6 missions. What I want to is how many more. I want a #number. A real number not a guess. Is there 7 missions, witch is not really any better than 6 or is there 22 missions or close. We need exact numbers. Not people bull shitting us.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    or we could accept the meta that Cryptic finally found a way to be completely lazy and not give out KDF/Romulan ships ever again, and at the same time, free themselves from the Fed design scheme.

:P

You mean that they found a way to be completely lazy and at the same time get lots of people to fork over 100's of dollars, probably spent as much if not more time building and developing this new ships as they did the whopping 6 exclusive missions.

Proving that all they need to do is slap a TOS sticker on something and people will blindly hand over their wallets!
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Whenever a moderator wants to kill or lock this thread up is fine with me. It's served the purpose it was created for in my opinion as it's originator.
    hyefather wrote: »
    At this point its pretty obvious that there are more than 6 missions. What I want to is how many more. I want a #number. A real number not a guess. Is there 7 missions, witch is not really any better than 6 or is there 22 missions or close. We need exact numbers. Not people bull shitting us.

@hyefather

Yee have to much faith in Cryptic.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User

They also said that Romulans will eventually have a "full" faction on their own and they would add to it on a later date post LOR but they never did...It was also mentioned that after the Delta recruits were launched they would "add" more missions for that group and periodically give them more assignments.
    There is history to be very cautious about what a DEV might say regarding future missions when they usually don't happen.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    storules wrote: »

They also said that Romulans will eventually have a "full" faction on their own and they would add to it on a later date post LOR but they never did...It was also mentioned that after the Delta recruits were launched they would "add" more missions for that group and periodically give them more assignments.
    There is history to be very cautious about what a DEV might say regarding future missions when they usually don't happen.​​

indeed, I would not say the devs outright lie or set out to deceive as that would be very rude, I will just say they would make very good politicians.

storules wrote: »

indeed, I would not say the devs outright lie or set out to deceive as that would be very rude, I will just say they would make very good politicians.

And what are politicians? Professional liars!
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Looks like a queue or two as well.
  • doggpatchdoggpatch Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Got to throw the KDF and the roms a bone, no?
    no they just throw us fed content we're allowed to play

yeah agreed...and methinks that will continue...they say there are not enough ppl playing Klinks so they dont make no money...and we all know they hate the Klinks anyway...LMAO...
    doggpatch wrote: »
    Got to throw the KDF and the roms a bone, no?
    no they just throw us fed content we're allowed to play

yeah agreed...and methinks that will continue...they say there are not enough ppl playing Klinks so they dont make no money...and we all know they hate the Klinks anyway...LMAO...

Bortasqu' effect all the way...
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Tribbles in Ecstasy interviewed Zero tonight and a question I asked regarding this was answered. It is official, all TOS faction exclusive missions have been released to tribble. So just one arc of six missions.

At least as much of a new faction as Romulans it is most certainly NOT imho.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Ah... A victory for pessimism.

I'm perfectly happy they DON'T sink a lot of time into one-faction only content. Doubly so when it's Federation-only.
  • sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

I'm perfectly happy they DON'T sink a lot of time into one-faction only content. Doubly so when it's Federation-only.

Yeah yeah, that's great. But that still doesnt change what Al Rivera said:

the TOS faction is AT LEAST as much of a faction as the Romulans

so now that it has been confirmed there are only 6 faction exclusive missions, its time for him to explain himself.

Whether you think that is for the best or not is a separate issue.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Gonna log in soon just to count the Romulan missions. Got a new signature to put together ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

Yeah yeah, that's great. But that still doesnt change what Al Rivera said:

the TOS faction is AT LEAST as much of a faction as the Romulans

so now that it has been confirmed there are only 6 faction exclusive missions, its time for him to explain himself.

Whether you think that is for the best or not is a separate issue.

Obviously most players and Al Rivera have different definitions of what a faction is. Missions, ships, costumes, and a unique social zone must not be part of what makes a faction.