test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AoY Lockbox

feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
With Agents of Yesterday less than a month away and being an expansion. Cryptic is likely to launch a new lockbox with the event.
What do you think it will be and/or have in it?

My thought based on how things are run. Another Temporal Box with access to classic phasers and disruptors. ships in the boxes will be the lesser seen ships like Khan's craft or the inter-dimensional saucer.
For the lobi store, faction specific Dreadnaught classes of classic ships. A Dread tri-nacelle Connie style, Similar for a Klingon and Romulan ship.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
Network engineers are not ship designers.
Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.

Comments

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Hoping it's a vorgon box myself, as that frees up some other ships I'm expecting and would prefer to see in the c-store.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    well if certain "rumors" are true it's jj trek.. maybe some TOS stuff for the lesser stuff.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'm sure it will be a AR Lockbox which is a shame because I'd rather be able to outright buy those ships :(.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm hoping it's the JJ-verse ships that were referred to in [REDACTED], with JJ-verse uniforms available in the Lobi store for all 3 factions (Nero's romulan crew uniforms, the ID Klingon uniforms (with ridge piercing options), and the AR Trek uniforms).

I'm also hoping there will be AR weapon boxes with 250 degree cannons.

I'm also hoping some of the ground weapons used in the AR are available in the lobi store or similarly in weapon boxes.

Like the phasers used by the Enterprise crew, along with Nero's Debrune Teral'n in the Lobi store, or any of the other romulan swords -- along with Sulu's telescopic katana, or Khan's energy cannons.

I'm also hoping for Khan's "Superblood" to become a ground trait.

I also want a trait that lets me attack things in slow motion to the master recording of the Beastie Boys "Sabotage".

And a special lens flare generator kit module.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    feiqa wrote: »
    With Agents of Yesterday less than a month away and being an expansion. Cryptic is likely to launch a new lockbox with the event.

My thought based on how things are run. Another Temporal Box with access to classic phasers and disruptors. ships in the boxes will be the lesser seen ships like Khan's craft or the inter-dimensional saucer.
    For the lobi store, faction specific Dreadnaught classes of classic ships. A Dread tri-nacelle Connie style, Similar for a Klingon and Romulan ship.

an actual TOS lockbox is definitely what I'm hoping for.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I still say that information was an obvious troll. If a t6 connie (yes even that one) happens, peoples heads WILL 'splode including my own.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    iconians wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's the JJ-verse ships that were referred to in [REDACTED], with JJ-verse uniforms available in the Lobi store for all 3 factions (Nero's romulan crew uniforms, the ID Klingon uniforms (with ridge piercing options), and the AR Trek uniforms).

I'm also hoping some of the ground weapons used in the AR are available in the lobi store or similarly in weapon boxes.

Like the phasers used by the Enterprise crew, along with Nero's Debrune Teral'n in the Lobi store, or any of the other romulan swords -- along with Sulu's telescopic katana, or Khan's energy cannons.

I also want a trait that lets me attack things in slow motion to the master recording of the Beastie Boys "Sabotage".

Oh bloody hell! I hadn't even thought of costume options (though again the Romulan ones are PU not AR :( ) I NEED those AR Klingon uniforms and ridge piercings! There was some really fantastic design work going on with the Klingons in ID (and the deleted scene from 09), from their weapons, to the costumes, to the makeup and jewellery.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I still say that information was an obvious troll. If a t6 connoe (yes even that one) happens, peoples heads WILL 'splode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1jf2hOkec4
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    I still say that information was an obvious troll. If a t6 connoe (yes even that one) happens, peoples heads WILL 'splode

eyp1Wyq.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    Edited my post above heh i am by far against it, just dont believe it. Seems i came off as a bit of a hater there. I have nothing against the abrams trek flicks

21flNfW.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Hoping it's a vorgon box myself, as that frees up some other ships I'm expecting and would prefer to see in the c-store.

This sadly makes sense. Despite wanting the lens flare generator Iconians mentioned. . .

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited June 2016

No Poll?bear-14.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited June 2016

I'm up for all of that except the slow motion Sabotage and the lens flares. ;)

21flNfW.gif​​

Which I'm sure is exactly the plan. Think of all the money STO will make on a T6 Connie in a lockbox. Even a JJTrek one.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    storules wrote: »

No Poll?bear-14.gif​​

There are a few reasons for no poll.

One, I do not know how to make one here.

Two, I would want to make it so it was as fair as possible. So by the time I finished the poll. The box would be out.

Three, I do not know how to make one here.

:)

• cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

No way. Lens Flare Generator module would be way too OP. What's next, the Michael Bay trait, instant gratuitous explosions of all enemy ships in line of sight?
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User

No way. Lens Flare Generator module would be way too OP. What's next, the Michael Bay trait, instant gratuitous explosions of all enemy ships in line of sight?

Fyi? Thats the Micheal Bay Instant SENSELESS gratuitous explosions of all enemies and collateral damage in line of sight Console :)

Fyi? Thats the Micheal Bay Instant SENSELESS gratuitous explosions of all enemies and collateral damage in line of sight Console :)

No, what you need to fear is someone equipped with the lens flare generator dropping it during a subspace party amplifier moment and killing a planet. ;)
    captsol wrote: »

No, what you need to fear is someone equipped with the lens flare generator dropping it during a subspace party amplifier moment and killing a planet. ;)

Sadly i beleive that happened on risa last night, someone popped a disco ball there was a brilliant flash of light , so bright it burned my corneas , then the game crashed :#

Sadly i beleive that happened on risa last night, someone popped a disco ball there was a brilliant flash of light , so bright it burned my corneas , then the game crashed :#

Now you discover what really killed the Hobus System. :)
    edited June 2016
    <Double Post Ignore>

LOL yeah micheal bays exlospion console and a JJ abrams lens flare console both used when someone activated a disco ball....man those iconians are EEEVEEEELLL!!! :D

LOL yeah micheal bays exlospion console and a JJ abrams lens flare console both used when someone activated a disco ball....man those iconians are EEEVEEEELLL!!! :D

SELA WAS RIIIIIIIIIGHT!
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    My money is on (speculation of course) ... Kelvin Timeline lockbox with JJ-verse ships contained within. (And I want both the alt-Constitution-class and Vengeance T-6 ships plus the Klingon D-4. (And assorted uniforms).

My hope is that none of these are ultra-rare ships.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    I think the JJ box might not be the first box when AoY drops, but the second after that.

The Ferengi Nandi console is now part of set containing the 'Battle Module 4000' (T5 Marauder console is 3000), which, since the Event ship isn't Ferengi could indicate a second Ferengi lockbox, though I suppose it could be a 'Promotion!' R&D or DOff pack.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Considering the console that comes with the event ship says "can be equipped on any Vorgon ship" I'm erring on the side of a Vorgon box
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
    edited June 2016
    dd1m wrote: »
    Considering the console that comes with the event ship says "can be equipped on any Vorgon ship" I'm erring on the side of a Vorgon box

My bet is that we'll get a Vorgon ship reward during some featured episode. Plus, if they're going to do a JJ box this is the perfect time because both Cryptic and Paramount profit due to Beyond coming out. Plus, if they set the lockbox for the end of July it'll kick up hype for both AoY and Beyond.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    If I had to guess it will be a Vorgon lockbox.
    tom61sto wrote: »
    I think the JJ box might not be the first box when AoY drops, but the second after that.

The Ferengi Nandi console is now part of set containing the 'Battle Module 4000' (T5 Marauder console is 3000), which, since the Event ship isn't Ferengi could indicate a second Ferengi lockbox, though I suppose it could be a 'Promotion!' R&D or DOff pack.

I think that was just to include the Battle Module 3000 with the Metaphasic Solar Capacitor so it could be used with the D'Kora Marauder as well as the Nandi.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User

Which I'm sure is exactly the plan. Think of all the money STO will make on a T6 Connie in a lockbox. Even a JJTrek one.[/quote]

I have moved on from STO. Then while playing another game everything froze up. I thought it was my computer but I looked out my window and there was a bird just stuck there in the sky not moving. I was just about to start freeking out when out of nowhere a voice poped into my head. T6 connie coming to sto. Then everything went back to normal. So, first thing I did was log into sto and head toward the forums to see if this was true. A few minutes later I end up at the bank to morgage my home. Later I sell my care. Fast forward 2 months and I've bought 25,000 lockboxes and no t6 connie. People start complaining and posting numbers on the forums of how they've spent thousands and no connie (a few cryponians post how they won one on first lockbox opened to calm the massives and give false hope). Minutes later I wake up and relize it was all a dream....or was it. Truth be told. Yeah, I would spend big on a T6 connie. I see this as a last resort by cryptic to save sto. It may happen.