test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event ships.

stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
Noticed recently that there doesn't appear to be any other way to get ships like the samsar or Krenim Science ship other than the Anniversary event & if you never slotted the project for it then the next year you still can't get it. They should do some event where they give you the option to be able to do events to be able to get a chance to claim these ships had you not the year previously. I mean I'd happily do an event in middle of year to get the marks needed to get either of these ships

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    That's exatly what they dropped after 2014. Back then at least the summer & winter ships were all obtainable after their initial run and the 1 other (the DSD) was put into the lobi store but they decided to add some "exclusivity" to event ships from 2015 onward and here we are. My advice: better get the next summer ship while you can 'cause that will be your first and last chance.
  • dragon5004dragon5004 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    What about the ships that we DID slot in, but couldnt fill in all the reputation marks?? It really isnt fair that we cant finish up on a project that we've been waiting to clean up for an year (as most of these events are)!!
  • rocmistrocmist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    dragon5004 wrote: »
    What about the ships that we DID slot in, but couldnt fill in all the reputation marks?? It really isnt fair that we cant finish up on a project that we've been waiting to clean up for an year (as most of these events are)!!

If you have the project already slotted you can complete them via the Lobi store:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1216445/event-project-and-currency-updates

In short, events are time-based and are required to be completed when they are release for a short period.
    Think of it like a concert, if you buy a ticket and do not go, you have missed your chance.
    Although next year there will be a new concert you are never going to get the exact same concert that you missed.

In addition to this you get to use the 3 slots for the ship project, so you should be able to leave the unfinished ship slotted and use another slot for this year. If in the future you decide to get hold of lobi and complete the ship you can. See the discussion in the link above, as it explains how to get it and roughly how much it will cost ... see if it is worth it for you! :)

In terms of the ships, STO releases 3 ships per year (summer, winter and anniversary) and I can understand the frustration, but realistically there will be other ships, and I would focus on what is happening now and get this year's ship then worrying/stressing about last years! :)
    Post edited by rocmist on