test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scimitar battle cloak?

metallica#9475 metallica Member Posts: 47 Arc User
Ok I feel ripped off. I bought this kopeshi / Scimitar Dreadnaught because of the battle cloak. I even saw it on youtube and it was awesome. But my kopeshi doesn't have this ability and it even claims to have this scimitar cloaking device. I cant attack while cloaked and that's the whole reason I bought it. Am I missing something or did they remove the ability that lets you attack while cloaked. I have been looking and looking but I just cant get it to attack while cloaked.

end confused rant

Comments

• Options
    draenar13draenar13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Cloaks and you:
    a) ordinary Cloak, available to Klingon raptors and battle cruisers, and Federation ships with the Cloaking Device console. This can only be activated out of combat, disables weapons and lowers your shields.
    b) (Romulan) Battle Cloak, available to Romulan warbirds, Klingon Raiders (Birds of Prey), and Defiants using the console/console/quad cannon set. This can be activated in combat, but is otherwise the same as Cloak.
    c) Enhanced Romulan Battle Cloak, available to the t5 and t6 T'varo Light Warbirds. This allows the firing of torpedoes while cloaked, although this does drop the cloak "briefly" each time a torpedo is fired. Energy weapons and shields still disabled.
    d) The t5 Scimitar-variant consoles. These enhance the Romulan Battle Cloak of the Scimitar variant that they're fitted on. The Tac/Scimitar one enables a power that lets you fire all weapons while cloaked (which I assume is what you're thinking of). The Eng/Falchion enables a power that grants temporary hitpoints, and the Sci/Tulwar passively keeps your shields up while cloaked.

Hope that's helpful!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Yes, the cloak you want is a console - Universal Cloaked Barrage.

It comes on the T-5 Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird. The console can be equipped on all Scimitar class ships (T5 and T6) but you must purchase the T5 version to get it.

Without the console, the ship still has use of the Romulan Battle Cloak which requires you to de-cloak before you fire.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    draenar13 wrote: »
    Cloaks and you:
    a) ordinary Cloak, available to Klingon raptors and battle cruisers, and Federation ships with the Cloaking Device console. This can only be activated out of combat, disables weapons and lowers your shields.
    b) (Romulan) Battle Cloak, available to Romulan warbirds, Klingon Raiders (Birds of Prey), and Defiants using the console/console/quad cannon set. This can be activated in combat, but is otherwise the same as Cloak.
    c) Enhanced Romulan Battle Cloak, available to the t5 and t6 T'varo Light Warbirds. This allows the firing of torpedoes while cloaked, although this does drop the cloak "briefly" each time a torpedo is fired. Energy weapons and shields still disabled.
    d) The t5 Scimitar-variant consoles. These enhance the Romulan Battle Cloak of the Scimitar variant that they're fitted on. The Tac/Scimitar one enables a power that lets you fire all weapons while cloaked (which I assume is what you're thinking of). The Eng/Falchion enables a power that grants temporary hitpoints, and the Sci/Tulwar passively keeps your shields up while cloaked.

Hope that's helpful!
    Decent, but somewhat incomplete. What makes the "Romulan" cloaks different from the others is that they give a turn rate bonus when active. But yeah, Scimitar Battle Cloak only lets you fire if you have the console.

NOTE: there's also a Voth cloak ability on some of the Voth ships that gives a defense bonus when cloaked.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Well I appreciate the replies and I have been trying to find these other variants / T5 in game and haven't been able to find them.
    Sigh, dammit I just checked the C store and found them their. So yah I wasted 100 bucks apparently. The tier 6 dreadnought that I bought does not come with it. Soooo weird/ stupid. Why do they have more than one place to buy the ships. I thought I got the ship I wanted and spent the rest on other ships, but now have to spend more to get the cloaked barrage. UGGGHHH what to do!!!!

Thanks for letting me know though.
  • Options
    Enh... if you do get it, it also unlocks tailor customization options and gives an admiralty card.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Well I appreciate the replies and I have been trying to find these other variants / T5 in game and haven't been able to find them.
    Sigh, dammit I just checked the C store and found them their. So yah I wasted 100 bucks apparently. The tier 6 dreadnought that I bought does not come with it. Soooo weird/ stupid. Why do they have more than one place to buy the ships. I thought I got the ship I wanted and spent the rest on other ships, but now have to spend more to get the cloaked barrage. UGGGHHH what to do!!!!

Thanks for letting me know though.

Save the money, it's not worth it.

The Cloaked Barrage is a neat gimmick, but it's just that.. a gimmick. It takes up a console slot that is better spent on something more beneficial. It's honestly not something that's worth paying 2500 Zen just to get.
  • Options
    whats an admiralty card
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    whats an admiralty card

Whenever you acquire a new star ship, you also get a matching Admiralty Card for that ship.

Admiralty missions work like DoFF missions (Duty Officers) only instead of sending officers on the missions, you send ships.

Admiralty is unlocked at level 50. Click on the icon you normally click on to access your duty officer missions, and there will be a tab at the top that says Admiralty. From there, you can find the list of available missions and send your ships off to complete them.

You can find the full write up of the Admiralty system here and here.
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    You don't actually get the Ambush damage bonus, which Romulan traits work so well with, until you decloak anyhow. It's quirky, but that's a part of how cloaks work.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Cloaks and you:

c) Enhanced (Romulan) Battle Cloak, available to the t5 T'varro Light Warbird, t6 Malem Light Warbird, t6 Faeht Intel Ship, t5 B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit and t6 Kor Bird of Prey. This cloaking device allows the use of offensive Science powers, firing of torpedoes and use of Engineering and Science heals while cloaked. This does drop the cloak "briefly" each time a torpedo is fired or an ability is activated. Energy weapons and shields are still disabled.

Just some minor corrections regarding the Enhanced/Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak.

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    Cloaks and you:

c) Enhanced (Romulan) Battle Cloak, available to the t5 T'varro Light Warbird, t6 Malem Light Warbird, t6 Faeht Intel Ship, t5 B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit and t6 Kor Bird of Prey. This cloaking device allows the use of offensive Science powers, firing of torpedoes and use of Engineering and Science heals while cloaked. This does drop the cloak "briefly" each time a torpedo is fired or an ability is activated. Energy weapons and shields are still disabled.

Just some minor corrections regarding the Enhanced/Romulan Enhanced Battle Cloak.

You forgot the Romulan DSD's

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    I thought the DSDs had a lesser form of cloak than EBC/REBC?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Pretty sure the rom DSDs have the standard rom battle cloak. It's really just the endgame B'rel/Kor, endgame T'varo/Malem and Faeht which can boast about the enhanced variant iirc.
  • Options
    draenar13draenar13 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Cloaks and you:

The Romulan DSD has a Romulan Battle Cloak. The interesting DSD is in fact the Klingon one, which gets an ordinary cloak, despite neither Klingon destroyers or Klingon support vessels normally getting cloaks (the vet-ship is an exception, but of course it's better).

Other corrections accepted with thanks.

Oh, and one of my own:
    Admiralty is unlocked at level 52.

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Cloaks and you:

The Romulan DSD has a Romulan Battle Cloak. The interesting DSD is in fact the Klingon one, which gets an ordinary cloak, despite neither Klingon destroyers or Klingon support vessels normally getting cloaks (the vet-ship is an exception, but of course it's better).

Other corrections accepted with thanks.

Oh, and one of my own:

Klingon ships almost always come with a standard Cloak; you're thinking of the vassal-species ships (the destroyers and support vessels are Nausicaan and Gorn respectively).
    Post edited by breadandcircuses on
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    And Orion.... Those don't cloak either.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

Wow.. that's very strange but ok.. Thanks.

Why in the world would they make it level 52?

I never realized that, all my captains were already 60 when the system was implemented. Thanks for the correction. :)