test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game will not load, neither will Arc.

For a while now, it would take a very long time for the game to launch once I clicked engage. But at least it launched.

Now however, it will not load at all. I believe Arc is the culprit. When I click on the Arc client to launch it, I get about a second where I see the loading cursor, and then nothing. It doesn't show up in my task manager, nothing.

I tried repairing Arc, but the repair tool would not launch either.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Arc, but the installer will not load either.

I tried installing through Steam, but I get an timeout error message every time I try that and nothing installs.

So needless to say it's pretty frustrating. And with the summer festival right around the corner, I would like to get this working.

I have tried all of the above as administrator and in compatibility mode. Rebooted my PC, all that jazz. Same effect.

I also discovered how much fun it is to even try and FIND the compatibility mode in Windows 10, but I digress.

Can anyone help with this issue? I have not submitted a ticket but I will be doing so as soon as I post this message.

Comments

• haplo88haplo88 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Ticket submitted. May the force be with me.
  • a75010pd35a75010pd35 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi Haplo88 i had the same problem as you could not load arc or Star Trek Online but i have found that installing in from steam seems to have done the trick, so you may want to try that and see if it helps you
  • haplo88haplo88 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I thought of that, but it errors out every time I try and install it on Steam.

I haven't even received an auto-reply to my support ticket. Looks like no summer festival for me this year.
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Arc loads for me but since the latest patch STO wont :(
    At this point even safe mode would be an improvement. I can't even get the game to install now.
  • nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    My game loads, then when I load character it reaches 94 something % and then gets stuck in server not responding. I let it wait yesterday to see will it ever load and gave up after I made some food, washed dishes and prepared coffee http://prntscr.com/bfmimn
    Am I the only one really annoyed with Cryptic recently?
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    nimue555 wrote: »
    My game loads, then when I load character it reaches 94 something % and then gets stuck in server not responding. I let it wait yesterday to see will it ever load and gave up after I made some food, washed dishes and prepared coffee http://prntscr.com/bfmimn

I'm glad to see that it's not just me; the 94% mark is the same for me. Oddly enough, there are times when the loader reaches that point, and I notice that my modem slows down its activity; I can sometimes hit the <ESC> key, and it "breaks" the logjam, allowing the character to load.

The 30-second "SNR" problem reared its ugly head 2-3 weeks before Risa, but it has been replaced most of the time by the new loading problem. I had wondered if the ARC launcher was working, but the original Cryptic/PWE launcher was not, but now I can see that ARC is not helping, either. Cryptic obviously broke something; they'd better fix it fast, or this summer's event will be the worst ever... :s

Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    On my old PC, it would hit 95% and hang for a fairly long time, but then continue. On my brand new computer, it just sits there on the loading screen, with it blinking occasionally. I have to force kill it from task manager to get it to go away.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ok, you don't nee ARC to launch the game. you can use the same file it does.
    startrek online.exe
    just make a shortcut to your desktop and run it.

all ARC does is launch that file
    I get the long, 'let me just look at all the files, while the internet does nothing' after every patch, that isn't just a server reset.

I've just patched, so now I can't get in
    recently I've been getting the 95% pause before gameclient file stops working.​​