test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Destination Star Trek UK

chispin55chispin55 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
I'll be attending the Con in October, and I'm really looking forward to it. However, I did see something that was a bit concerning when purchasing my ticket. Each of the actors who will be there had a separate 'photo shoot' ticket. Does this imply that if I wanted to take a picture of myself and them, even for example, a selfie on my phone, I'd be unable to do so?

If any of you have been to Destination before, I'd love to hear your feedback.

Comments

• rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    The reason they have those photo shoot tickets is because cons usually pay actors for being there, thus, the photo shoot tickets are an excellent way of generating revenue to make up for that cost, plus, random selfies may be frowned upon, depending on how you go about it and how friendly the actor is.

Photo shoot tickets would probably have saved my town's one-year TrekCon, but the organizers weren't too smart.

Somebody correct me if I explained this wrong.
  • chispin55chispin55 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Yup, I gathered that it's about bringing in the revenue, but the cost of seeing one actor, let alone several, is rather prohibitive. I'm not going to attempt taking pictures if it's frowned upon, particularly if the system in place is only through the photoshoot.
    Ah well.