test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

-The New Order- New pvp channel STO-PVP

scrdrscrdr Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Hello all,

There is a new pvp channel made by -TNO- for new and old players that wish to try pvp its called STO-PVP.
The channel is for helping new and old players get into pvp with setups how to work as a team, what you need to know to do pvp and so on.
If you think you can help anyone come join us, all are welcome you can type /channel_join STO-PVP in chat to get into the in game chat channel and we have a teamspeak as well if you wish to talk over TS.
The TeamSpeak is open for all in the STO-PVP channel that wish to team and learn more.
We have a website with some builds to start you of there will be more added in time the links are down below go take a look.
So come and join us and help make STO PvP great again!

http://stopvp.online/
Info for TeamSpeak: 85.236.100.46:10197
-The New Order- PvP channel Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxL-VRq5cP8

See you in game B)

Comments

• afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I am at my 20 chat channel limit... It is hard to make room.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I don't get it, whats wrong with the current pvp channel? is this the new new new new new new new new OPVP channel, is it a channel control issue, and again whats wrong with the original?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    First post in pvp forum is Join the OrganizedPvP channel today!.....no one is restricted from joining unless kicked out which takes alot....so saying no one knows of it is wrong......People trying to start things over and over so they control it is more of an issue for the community falling apart and having splinter factions, but this has happened since day one so fine make another 500 pvp channels and make the devs dreams come true...lol...not that they care about the pvp community

patrickngo wrote: »
    spherb wrote: »
    I don't get it, whats wrong with the current pvp channel? is this the new new new new new new new new OPVP channel, is it a channel control issue, and again whats wrong with the original?

It's a phenomena that happens when your community has fallen apart-which ours has. See, what happens, is that people stop going to 'public' places, then someone new comes along, discovers "Hey, this would be great if..." and they replicate what someone else did before them, because there's no institutional memory remaining to 'indicate' that it's been done already.

Or, y'know, falling outs, "I can do it better" and all that.

Result being, repeats of the same idea every few months because either the old one starts not being used, or new guy doesn't know the old one exists/doesn't trust the guys running it/can't get an invite.

Most of what's left of PvP only does it in private now-so what's a new bloke who isn't willing to wade through ten billion pages of forum to find contact info to do? Answer: He starts up his own, then comes to the forums (often for the first time) to try and bang the bell and get people to show up.

(Hell, even I've done it.)

endstate is a thousand little channels out there, all with a handful of people on them, one or two 'established' channels where nobody's talking to each other because they're pissed at each other, and posts like this one.

and really, no unified voice. What used to serve the duty of a common area for PvP'ers to meet one another, gets disused because everyone has their own pet peeves about how PvP should run, and nobody (hey, we're all very competitive) is willing to submit to someone else's rules of ettiquette, or unit restrictions, or time restrictions.

What USED to fill those channels and build those PvP fleets, were casual players enticed in by an active community that was open, willing to be seen (and sometimes utterly assbeaten) in public, and helpful to those not already of the faith.

Yeah, that's gone, and it IS our fault. (Devs have their part too, but the decline of the community and the insularity of it, that's on us as players. we could have done better, but we didn't, me included.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    OPVP's niveau can go down to zero within ~15 seconds. STO-PvP's does not.

Btw, you should better start to post like "why are there 2 channels" in a DPS-Channel-Thread.
    DPS-10,000/30,000/50,000/75,000 are useless when compared with DPS-Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond, about the same might happen to OPVP soon, just cause the good ones went over to newer channels.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I dont think so..
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***