test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

~Help, I screwed up my HUD on one of my toons!

officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
I was adjusting my HUD on one of my toons, somehow pushed something that reset the shape of my bridge officer powers and it pretty much made it a horizontal line rather than stacked vertically. I don't know how to put it back the way it was where it was stacked vertically. Anybody know what I'm referring to?

How do I undo this? Also, is there a guide somewhere that shows you how to customize your HUD, I see videos where people radically changed their HUD from a normal default view. If I experiment I don't want to further muck it up.

Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Yup when you are arranging the HUD it tells you how to reset it.

ALT + ESC if not mistaken
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Does not work. Hence i posted a question on the forum. Thanks for trying.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Ehm my powers are alweays in a horizontal line. Or did you really mean that they're just in 'a' line now, instead of more than one?

In that case, there is a small button at the right hand side of your power tray, where you can select whether you want one, two or three rows.
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    when you rearrange your HUD, drag the size of the Boff window to a size matching what you want.

you might also find the following link helpful:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/21rabl/rearrange_the_bridge_crew_hud_top_row_of_3_is/
  • Options
    @risian4

Not the powers tray, the boff abilties tray.
  • Options
    reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    When you edit the HUD - the BOff tray will look like a row of little rectangles ... if you stretch it out wide you get a single row with all the BOff powers (& BOff portraits. Squeeze it down to only 6 boxes wide and it will do one row per BOff ... you may need to stretch it into multiple rows if you are in a ship with a lot of BOff seats ... but not always.
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    picture please.... it'll be easier to know what you are talking about...

6tviTDx.png

• Options
    Jimney Crickets you guys just blew my mind, i didnt know you could drag the corner and resize. :o

Thanks, thats it.
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    For future reference, F12, then Shift+Esc is the key combination that default resets UI settings.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    For future reference, F12, then Shift+Esc is the key combination that default resets UI settings.

You can Also open the UI Tab of the Standard Settings Menu, and Save a UI Layout on One Toon, and then go and Load it on another. :)

Helpful in setting up new Characters.