test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingons and Risa

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
What's the reality of Klingon personnel taking their leave on Risa? If the average crew quarters on a Klingon starship don't even have padded bunks, why would any Klingon warrior want to go to a pleasure planet?
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    What's the reality of Klingon personnel taking their leave on Risa? If the average crew quarters on a Klingon starship don't even have padded bunks, why would any Klingon warrior want to go to a pleasure planet?

I think most Klingons would go to Risa, to meditate, and enjoy the scenery. The Food & Drink isn't that bad, either. ;)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well...I will be hunting bird eggs and attempting some wins (instead of crashing) on that power board race.
    (I am really bad at that power board...absolutely no control of where I am going).
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    bravecatherinebravecatherine Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    You must look the world with conquerors eye goodscotch.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

hmmm...

Hunting, Fishing, drinking, and gambling. Possibly in that order.

Don't forget sand fortresses (castles are for wimpy feddie bears). Show them how a true monumet of architecture & practicality is supposed to look like. :D
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Q: Why do tlh'InGan bekks travel to Risa for Liberty Call?
    A: Because Liberty Call is a privilege reserved for only the best warriors! Annnd...
    ...Earth girls are easy.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    Captain Koloth answered the question at Deep Space Station K7. Klingon vessels don't have the ... amenities ... offered by the "soft" Earthers, and thus they need to invoke {dramatic pause} Shore Leave Rights.

Mind you, that means no more than 12 Klingons at a time, and for each Klingon there is 1 Security Officer (so there'll be no trouble) ... but that was K7 when it was full of poisoned grain (that got eaten).

Risa just has a Tox Uthat hidden on it.

Er ... :*
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Plus drunk Starfleet officers. Risa is an intel gathering dreamland.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

That's a very good point. Didn't think of that one.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options

That's a very good point. Didn't think of that one.

-grins- Just doing what I can for the Empire.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Risa provides a wonderful place to practice Mok'bara !!!
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    And the Romulans are there to devise some scheme and for surveillance on the fedbears.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    And the Romulans are there to devise some scheme and for surveillance on the fedbears.

And over all the beer, easy Risan boys and girls, they all realize that it's really fun to live together in harmony...

And thus, the Federation assimilation plan is proceeding as planned.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User

And over all the beer, easy Risan boys and girls, they all realize that it's really fun to live together in harmony...

SG-1: Paradise Lost
    2002-07-concept-01.jpg
    That doesn't go so well... ever. Same thing happened on Firefly.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Live in harmony ? Bahhh. Bring your Fed TRIBBLE over and just try to join our Mok'bara
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Even the Klingons know that when a Ferengi is offering to "part with" something - and absolutely NO GPL is involved, of course they're going to be jumping on that as fast as anyone else...

Well, after vetting it to make sure it wasn't stolen, but since in this case any stealing was done against the Vorgons, well...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Free ships! The Vorgon ship is the closest to KDF design ever offered on Risa.
    The climate is mild enough that a warrior can be comfortable sleeping on the stone arches.
    Klingon women can be goaded to more aggressive courting when the competition of Orion females is so high.
    GPL, drinks, and live game all in abundance (caracal tastes like epohh'!)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2016

I see I'm not the only one to thing that the Federation and the Borg are trying the same thing.

Federation: "We are the Federation. We will replace your biological and technological distinctiveness with our own. Your culture will cease to exist. Resistance is futile, but feel to resist, so that we can use force."

Borg: “”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options

I see I'm not the only one to thing that the Federation and the Borg are trying the same thing.

Federation: "We are the Federation. We will replace your biological and technological distinctiveness with our own. Your culture will cease to exist. Resistance is futile, but feel to resist, so that we can use force."

Borg: “”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

It's the nature of most succesful societies that they seek to gain new members - otherwise they wouldn't be able to grow and any kind of reduction in population could spell their doom.

The matter is how you do it. The borg and the Klingons do it by force. The Federation does it by being a nice.

And no - if you "resist" and don't want to join. We don't force you to join. If you launch an assault on us, we will fight back - but we won't occupy your lands or planets and force you obey the Federation way. If we beat you and you want our help to rebuild, we'll go there, and we will encourage you to join us. But if you don't, whatever, have it your way.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    The Federation does it by being passive aggressive and sneaky, while looking down on other cultures for being passive aggressive and sneaky.
    FTFY
  • Options
    sinn74 wrote: »
    The Federation does it by being passive aggressive and sneaky, while looking down on other cultures for being passive aggressive and sneaky.
    FTFY

Funny how:
    1) this isn't what I wrote at all.
    2) This isn't how things are in Star Trek.
    3) That anyone would use "passive aggressive" to describe the Klingon Empire or the Borg.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    FTFY

Funny how:
    3) That anyone would use "passive aggressive" to describe the Klingon Empire or the Borg.

Simple:
    1) "FTFY" means "Fixed That For You." In other words, you were mistaken, and I helpfully corrected you. You're welcome!
    2) That is exactly how things are in Star Trek. somethingsomethingPrimeDirectivesomethingsomethingIgnoredBecauseReasonssomethingsomethingICanLiveWithIt
    3) Other cultures does not necessarily mean Klingons and/or Borg.
  • Options
    FTFY

Funny how:

Simple:

3) Other cultures does not necessarily mean Klingons and/or Borg.

*points at Bajor and Deep Space Nine* Wouldn't this be a primary example?

Mm5NeXy.gif