test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event store question

kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
I clicked on the event store, and saw a whole list of ships. When the Risa event starts next week, will I be able to get any of those ships, or is it just the new event ship (rumored to be the Vorgon raider)? I know I have to get enough vouchers and all that, but once I have enough, will I have my pick of which ship I want?

Comments

• jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    As of last summer, all previous ships are permanently locked if you did not get them from a previous year.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Ok, but why would they list a bunch of ships in the store if we can't get them? (This will be my first event. I'm new at this.)
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    It's probably just easier listing all the ships that have come before so everyone can see them than to go through and code it so that players can only see what ships they have access to.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    So the event store lists event ship people didnt earn? I though it lists all the ships you did earn.

So if my event store only list ships i did earn does that mean i have earned all of the event ships?
    edited June 2016
    The store lists them all, but only allows you to "purchase" the ones you've earned.

If you look at the current list and you can purchase all the ships, then yes, you have earned all the ships.

Ok, I get it. Bummer. I really wanted the Ferengi ship. Will the Vorgon ship (assuming rumors are correct) be the only one available?
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Ships that are grayed out in the Event Store are the ones which cannot be claimed. For example, the Ferengi Nandi Warship is the event ship from the 2015 Risa Summer Event. If you did not do that event last year, then it will be grayed out on the list and you will never be able to claim the ship.

Starting with the 2015 Risa Summer Event, all events that rewards ships (Anniversary, Summer, Winter) will have unique "vouchers" applicable only to that year's event. For example, during the 2016 Anniversary Event players need to earn 1,000 "6th Anniversary Prize Voucher". These vouchers can only be used to claim the Kremin Science Vessel from the 2016 Anniversary Event because 2016 represents the 6th year of STO's existence. In next year's Anniversary Event players will need to accumulate 1,000 "7th Anniversary Prize Voucher" in order to claim whatever ship is being offered.

Supposedly, the 2016 Risa Summer Event will reward a Vorgon ship. Whatever the will be, players will need to acquire 1,000 "Lohlunat Prize Vouchers (2016)". Players not able to acquire all the vouchers for the 2016 event can purchase purchase them from the Lobi Store. However, they can only be purchase during the 2016 Risa Summer Event. Once the event ends they cannot be purchased anymore. So, players who know they will not have enough vouchers, they need to purchase them from the Lobi Store before the Cryptic takes down the servers for maintenance on final day of the event (7am Pacific Time / 10am Eastern Standard Time).
    Yes, the (Redacted) ship will be the only one available through this years summer event.

Then the Winter Event will have its own ship, unless they break with tradition. Which I doubt.

And the Anniversary Event next year will likely also have a ship.

Things can always change, but it seems to be the pattern.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Obviously it wasn't what I was hoping to hear, but bad news isn't the messenger's fault. Still, a free tier six ship account wide is a cool thing.
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    They need an annual event where you can earn 1 of the past ships. Call it the Genesis event or something.
    An awesome idea. I would love such an event. That said, I opened a lock box just after my previous post and, surprise, it actually had the D'kora ship! My quest for a Ferengi vessel is over. Still, an account wide one would be the bomb.
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    How many ferengi lock boxs did it take to get the grand prize?

Congratulations
    Hard to say. It was enough that I got about 70 lobi from them. The wiki says there is about a 0.37 percent chance to get the ship in a single lock box. I thought I would have to open a couple hundred boxes or so, but it happened a lot sooner, thankfully. I only bought keys off the exchange when my exchange sales were turning a profit including the cost of the key. I also thought I would have to save up the EC to buy the D'kora off the exchange. So, my real efforts went toward saving EC, thus, I wasn't opening boxes that often.
  • theshroudedtheshrouded Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Ships that are grayed out in the Event Store are the ones which cannot be claimed. For example, the Ferengi Nandi Warship is the event ship from the 2015 Risa Summer Event. If you did not do that event last year, then it will be grayed out on the list and you will never be able to claim the ship.

ships are grayed out also if you already claimed them