test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What should the X-Box and Playstation Servers be called?

Comments

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Xbone & ps4 respectively. The players will be disconnected from the us the original pc players and will either totally forgoten about and disregarded or regarded as red haired step children second class citizens and dont deserve cute star trek themed server names.

Think im being harsh? Mark my words by the end of the year itll be like a completely different planet with no coexistence. Since there will be no cross play.

On Neverwinter, the PC version has kinda become the system used to beta test content for the more popular console version (which has now been announced for PS4 as well). The potential markets for the consoles is much larger than the PC, since the game is more accessible and better advertised. Whether that translates as well on the more-complicated STO as well as it did on the simpler NW, remains to be seen.

On topic, I am voting for Cheese and Crackers. Might have something to do with not having had lunch yet.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Ricossa and D'angelo
    Tacofangs and Borticus
    Branflakes and Trendy

uuuuh....

Alpha and Beta
    6tviTDx.png

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Ricossa and D'angelo
    Tacofangs and Borticus
    Branflakes and Trendy

uuuuh....

Alpha and Beta

But they should both be in Alpha!
  • conundrum129conundrum129 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I'm partial to Targ and Mugato myself.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    TARG and EPPOH
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    red ring of death server...hahahahahaha
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    How about Money and More Money?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    either tweedle dee and tweedle dum or dum and dummer
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    P.O.S. and T.U.R.D.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Holodeck 2 (Xbox) Holodeck 3 (PS)
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Xbox = Charlie X
    PS4 =Miri
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    Here's a fun/silly question: What should the X-Box and Playstation Servers be called?

The current naming scheme for servers is not really consistent. We have Holodeck, Tribble and Redshirt. Other than being Trek names, there does not seem to be a system for it. Isn't it about time that Cryptic came up with one? What could that be? If no system, what would sound reasonable? We don't want people to get envious of cool names.

So, one idea was - since it's called X-Box One, I was thinking whether it should have something related to a single digit or letter. Maybe the server could be called Q. But Q is pretty cool and powreful, and the PS4 fans would probably also have somethnig equivalent. Maybe Trelane? But Trelane might be almost obscure compared to Q. Maybe Organia? Khaless (worldly power only, but a Klingon Icon from epic tales)

Or maybe a different direction... What does Cryptic and PWE hope from this? Profit. So... How about "Prophet" and "Nagus"?

Should their test servers (if they have any) be Targ and Epoh (or Vole, to stay canonical) to mirror Tribble?

If Holdeck is the theme for the actual game servers, what else would be similar? Holosuite? Aboretum?

Why not have some fun with the names: Call them "Crash" and "Burn"

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    another couple names I thought of earlier:

Holosuite 1
    and
    Holosuite 2
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I vote for "Abomination" and "Heresy" as those two words sum up my feelings about the port rather nicely
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • bahamut1978bahamut1978 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My "votes" go for Talos IV (PS4) and Gateway/TVP (X-One).
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    how about "who" & "cares"?

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    "Nimbus III" and "Tyree". Harsh desert planets almost devoid of life.

Tyree? Tyree was Kirks pal on planet Mugato.. and that was anything but a desert
    Spock.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Frisbee - One and Frisbee - Box
    Spock.jpg

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    You are both right about Tyree, the former poster made a reference to ST V the final Frontier, where Sybok mentions Tyree on Nimbus III.
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Here's a fun/silly question: What should the X-Box and Playstation Servers be called?

Atlec and Straleb, two neighboring planets from the TNG episode "The Outrageous Okona". 'Cuz their people keep posturing their 'superior capabilities' at each other, all within the shadow of the true master race: the PC I mean, the Federation. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    Given current PC live server is called Holodeck (a place of recreation) my suggestions are Ten-Forward and Arboretum (both also places of recreation aboard a Galaxy-class starship)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Given how completely backwards Tribble and Holodeck are (seriously how did "holodeck" NOT get uses as a test server name?) I feel they should embrace the tradition and name them...

Playstation Server: XB1
    Xbox Server: PS4

And thus perfect symmetry is preserved.
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Hamster and Gerbil.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    how about "who" & "cares"?
    I & Do?

Mustrum & Ridcully ?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Since ours is called suffering, theirs should be pain and anguish.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    STOPS4/STOXBOX. Those are the acronyms that came to mind when we learned that we'd be completely segregated between versions, with STC being a lazy version of referring to the console project as a whole.

The HolodeckONE and Holodeck4 idea is probably the best suggestion so far, though, or maybe use HolosuiteONE and Holosuite4.

Hehe, or a nod to semalda...
    We have Holodeck...
    So Kraftdeck and Lawrencedeck...
    I don't know how many other folks with get it, though. :tongue:
    I'm voting for Thing 1 and Thing 2 myself.

Red Fish/Blue Fish, or maybe GreenEggs/Ham?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    Graphics overhaul
    And
    Money for more content.
  • conkav22conkav22 Member Posts: 8,146 Arc User
    How about PlebBox and PlebStation​​
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Spock's Brain
    Threshold
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse