test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4/Xbox one launch, what will it take to get me to spend money.

ok im not going to whine or make threats, just going to make a simple statement. If Cryptic allows me to transfer my purchases over to the Xbox one, then ill install the game and spend more money. If they dont, then i wont. Its very simple. I don't expect them to even allow me to transfer my account, with all its progress. Just allow me to transfer over all my purchases, (cstore ships, lock box ships). i don't mind regrinding all my rep, getting all the ingame stuff, thats just playing the game. Just let me keep what i spent my money on. Thats all.

Comments

• Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Good Luck with that.
    <chuckle>
    They already have Your money, it's New Blood They want.
    <shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Only way ill install it is if one of my ps4 friends wants a tour.
    As much as it would be nice to play on my 60" and in the comfort of my awesome La-z-boy recliner, its just not worth it to me to start fresh on ps4.
    Ill just continue to play on PC, where my lifetime sub and purchases are readily available.

Like Davy has said, they're after new blood (money).
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    mothermoymothermoy Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Only way ill install it is if one of my ps4 friends wants a tour.
    As much as it would be nice to play on my 60" and in the comfort of my awesome La-z-boy recliner, its just not worth it to me to start fresh on ps4.
    Ill just continue to play on PC, where my lifetime sub and purchases are readily available.

Like Davy has said, they're after new blood (money).

Im sure they are, thats just not good business sense. if someone already has a pattern of spending money, you should do everything you can to get them to spend more. Im not asking for a freebie, or expecting something for nothing. I just want to keep what i have already paid for. Is this unreasonable?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No, not unreasonable, and I can understand your concerns.
    It would be great if they sold account transfer tokens or something, and I could play in comfort. But I don't think they're planning this.
    Why? I don't know, they must have their reasons. (And that in and of its self is a gamble on their part - blocking off their primary customers PC players in lieu of new players.).
    But its what they've decided at this point. And they'll have to live with the consequences, good or bad.

Another big issue I have with the ps4 release, is that it won't be cross platform. Meaning I can't participate with my friends and fleetmates.
    Which, for me, is even more of a dis-incentive to switch to ps4
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    mothermoymothermoy Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well if anyone who matters is reading this post, consider this. The good will that it would foster, allowing already established money spenders to keep the things they paid for, would be enormous. I know my wallet would be a little lighter, and i prolly would not be the only one.....
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    mothermoy wrote: »
    Well if anyone who matters is reading this post, consider this. The good will that it would foster, allowing already established money spenders to keep the things they paid for, would be enormous. I know my wallet would be a little lighter, and i prolly would not be the only one.....

I'm sure they have considered this. However, it's not something that can easily be done. The PS4, Xbox One and PC versions will all be on different servers. As far as I know, you can have your arc account connected to your Xbox One account name, but there's nothing that I could see that they could do to enable flags that are checked off between servers. That would require the two servers to communicate or at least for them to offer redeemable codes and a place that you can type them in.

There's also the fact a lot of retired ships (4 Breen Ships, 2 Anniversary Ships assuming the Dyson is still a Lobi ship in the console version, 3-4 Summer ships) will be unobtainable on the Console versions. If they did something for C-store unlocks, they'd have to do one for this, one for ships that people spent good money for (promotion ships, Lock box and Lobi ships) and whatever else people would ask for. It would just cause so many headaches that it's not worth doing.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Good Luck with that.
    <chuckle>
    They already have Your money, it's New Blood They want.
    <shrug>

They may want "new blood" but word of mouth carry's weight you tick off your player base they will poison the new player base.. as those console players come to these forums for information.. they could find a helpful group or a very toxic group of players... They should do what ESO did.. allow for a certain time table for PC accounts to transfer over to console...
  • Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    mothermoy wrote: »

I'm sure they have considered this. However, it's not something that can easily be done. The PS4, Xbox One and PC versions will all be on different servers. As far as I know, you can have your arc account connected to your Xbox One account name, but there's nothing that I could see that they could do to enable flags that are checked off between servers. That would require the two servers to communicate or at least for them to offer redeemable codes and a place that you can type them in.

There's also the fact a lot of retired ships (4 Breen Ships, 2 Anniversary Ships assuming the Dyson is still a Lobi ship in the console version, 3-4 Summer ships) will be unobtainable on the Console versions. If they did something for C-store unlocks, they'd have to do one for this, one for ships that people spent good money for (promotion ships, Lock box and Lobi ships) and whatever else people would ask for. It would just cause so many headaches that it's not worth doing.

Look there not going to have special coding for just consoles.. the base game coding will be there for all 3 platforms so will the textures.. remember they will still have those ships in game do to missions so even if they cant "buy" them the models will be in there.... And given you need to have a perfect world account to play its pretty easy to have a transfer to a new server with your unlocks... even names wont matter... there is no reason other then greed for them not to allow it.
  • Options
    "....there is no reason other then greed for them not to allow it."

Exactly.
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

At one point people have to realise, Cryptic is not in the Star Trek video game market for the love of Trek, or for even the joy of creating a video game.

The company is here to make profit, like a ferengi on wall street.

The days of small time developers who really cared about their games, and creating them out of love, died in the early 90's.

For example, the first version of Wolf3D was shareware, and the company actually asked its players to share it with friends.
    Those days are long gone, and current companies wouldnr even dream of using that model, because their share holders would fire them.
    Sad as that may be, its the cold hard truth.

Now days, gaming is a huge market, with huge developers, See: EA, or even Treyarch with their yearly releases of CoD.
    Its all a sham, to pull in as much profit as possible.

Sure its upsetting (especially if you lived through the golden age of gaming 1975-1992). But that's just the way it is these days. Nothing can be done about it at this point.

Anyway, who knows, maybe at one point, they will offer account transfer option, but don't count on it. Youre just setting yourself up to be disapointed.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    "....there is no reason other then greed for them not to allow it."

Exactly.
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

At one point people have to realise, Cryptic is not in the Star Trek video game market for the love of Trek, or for even the joy of creating a video game.

The company is here to make profit, like a ferengi on wall street.

The days of small time developers who really cared about their games, and creating them out of love, died in the early 90's.

For example, the first version of Wolf3D was shareware, and the company actually asked its players to share it with friends.
    Those days are long gone, and current companies wouldnr even dream of using that model, because their share holders would fire them.
    Sad as that may be, its the cold hard truth.

Now days, gaming is a huge market, with huge developers, See: EA, or even Treyarch with their yearly releases of CoD.
    Its all a sham, to pull in as much profit as possible.

Sure its upsetting (especially if you lived through the golden age of gaming 1975-1992). But that's just the way it is these days. Nothing can be done about it at this point.

Anyway, who knows, maybe at one point, they will offer account transfer option, but don't count on it. Youre just setting yourself up to be disapointed.

Either that or their agreements with Microsoft and Sony specifically prevent them from doing so because they (They being Microsoft and Sony) want the cut they'll get from reselling all your stuff from the PC version on the consoles as well.

Or is logic not showing Cryptic/PWE as souless moneygrabbers still reguarded as sellouts and plants?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Exactly...I'm sure Sony and Microsoft want their cut as well, and most likely have veto power. Even IF Cryptic wanted to allow this, you have to ask yourself what Sony and Microsoft would have to say about it.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg