test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [june 2nd, 2016]

wakeupparamour#9775 wakeupparamour Member Posts: 72 Administrator
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow 6/2 at 7AM PT for 2.5 hours. You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    WOW...
    Another TON of stuff fixed.
    Thanks Cryptic <3
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Patch? Looks more like a bug bomb to me, well done!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    64213820.jpg
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    Did this "Removed eyeshadow from Vulcan males." really take priority over this "Selecting “Ready Starship” in the ship selector is not moving slotted items over to the ship for some players?"

What if we want our males to wear makeup? On that note please add beards to female aliens, silly to assume only males can grow beards for all species.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Why is eyeshadow being removed from Vulcan males.? I liked having that
    Perhaps... just perhaps mind you..., it was a Hell of a lot simpler to fix the make-up thingy, than it is to FIND and REPAIR the problem with the multitude of Starship Slots out there that aren't working...

Just perhaps?
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    daveyny wrote: »
    Perhaps... just perhaps mind you..., it was a Hell of a lot simpler to fix the make-up thingy, than it is to FIND and REPAIR the problem with the multitude of Starship Slots out there that aren't working...

Just perhaps?
    B)

It wasn't something that needed fixing.
    This eyeshadow better not be forcibly removed off my toon. Or I'll forcibly remove this game off my comptuer
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Resolved an issue where ground emotes could be activated in space.

Hm it looks like I'll no longer be able to laugh at the gateway when it fruitlessly keeps trying to destroy me :/

And how? How am I supposed to show off my dance skills to Vonph dreads now whenever they shake up my ship?
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Did this "Removed eyeshadow from Vulcan males." really take priority over this "Selecting “Ready Starship” in the ship selector is not moving slotted items over to the ship for some players?"

What if we want our males to wear makeup? On that note please add beards to female aliens, silly to assume only males can grow beards for all species.

The devs do feel very sexist in their gender roles for this game. All the aliens in the universe fit the same male female stereotypes for them.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Has anyone ever tried - and succeeded in - killing the hostile Embassy Nanov?

I know, I'll probably go to hell for even thinking of doing such a thing, but I am curious nonetheless.

Oh and on a more serious note: good to see Azure Nebula being fixed. It was pretty annoying to have half the team never fire a single shot or even move their ship, yet needing or even greeding all loot.

Just perhaps?
    B)

In Your Opinion.

Apparently the Dev's felt differently.
    (though why, is beyond my ken as well)
    :/
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Just perhaps?
    B)

In Your Opinion.

Apparently the Dev's felt differently.
    (though why, is beyond my ken as well)
    :/

I wonder if it was a CBS decision and not a Cryptic one
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    Holy patch notes, Batman!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is a long list of stuff to fix. Glad to see these.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    +1
    6tviTDx.png

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    [quote]Updated the mine interact UI so that it can be seen on low end machines.[/quote]

Umm, what does this mean?
    Post edited by crm14916 on
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The long nails were cool :(
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2016
      Resolved an issue that caused "Incursion Defender" to appear twice in the accolade list, and to not update as enemy named captains were defeated.
      Updated the Siege Breaker accolade so that it should only appear once in the mission journal and should now correctly update as various named critters are defeated.

Miracles do happen! Accolade fixes! 3 more of the ones I submitted to go.
    1) Fought the good fight
    2) Boff X2
    3) Doff X2
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Azure Nebula Queue Normal: Resolved an issue that could make it possible to disable tractor beams from behind asteroids in some cases.

Good. Now we shouldn't have idiots sitting behind a single asteroid never moving or doing anything else to help with the mission. And we shouldn't have people complaining they got a AFK penalty for "no reason" because they were doing just that.

It always annoyed me when people defended their laziness.

I wonder if this could have been the cause of that bug that happens on occasion where, after a ship is freed, the tractor beams will still be there but no ship to rescue and it stays that way for the rest of the mission, causing you to get a lower score because 1 asteroid is completely broken.
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Updated the mine interact UI so that it can be seen on low end machines.

Umm, what does this mean?

This refers to the FX used in the "Disarm Bomb" interact in the "Uneasy Allies" mission and on mines on Kobali Prime. The giant glowing bubbles that are Red, Yellow, Blue, or Green.
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User

This is where I agree. It's wrong. People have repeatedly voiced desire for more customization & they do the exact opposite. This taking priority over real issues.. again.. makes me more than dissatisfied.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Its a good thing Spock never rocked that eyeshadow in TOS heavily enough to put Uhura to shame.. oh wait he did....

I KNOW!! Vulcan male eye shadow is the new TOS lifer perk!!
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Azure Nebula Queue Normal: Resolved an issue that could make it possible to disable tractor beams from behind asteroids in some cases.

Good. Now we shouldn't have idiots sitting behind a single asteroid never moving or doing anything else to help with the mission. And we shouldn't have people complaining they got a AFK penalty for "no reason" because they were doing just that.

It's a symptom of poorly defined mission goals. The goals given in the mission are to free the Republic ships, NOT to destroy the Tholian ships. Thus, players are given an incentive to find ways in which to disable the tractor beams without drawing aggro from the Tholians. Another, probably more-Kosher method of disabling the tractor beams is to use a Cloak or Mask Energy Signature and then start disabling a beam--it will result in your Cloak dropping, but a player is usually able to finish disabling at least one beam before getting shot at.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

This is where I agree. It's wrong. People have repeatedly voiced desire for more customization & they do the exact opposite. This taking priority over real issues.. again.. makes me more than dissatisfied.

Well said. Also, why can't female trills wear makeup. I wanna space barbie, dag'nabbit! lol

Less restriction, more customization. Would love see more color options, too. Especially for uniforms.
    1xe027q.png
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Give Your All now triggers once per Engineering Bridge Officer ability.

Somene explain this to me, is this a nerf or will it have zero impact on the effectiveness of the trait?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276

I wonder if this could have been the cause of that bug that happens on occasion where, after a ship is freed, the tractor beams will still be there but no ship to rescue and it stays that way for the rest of the mission, causing you to get a lower score because 1 asteroid is completely broken.

Who you calling idiot idiot >:) Getting behind the asteroid was the most effective way to free the ships and the best way to deal with the mission and get both optionals. Why fight when you can just sit back do the obj stress free without firing a shot. Never got afk penalty for doing that and never heard of anyone getting afk penalty for that.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    While fixing Azure Nebula asteroids goes towards making the mission being played as intended, which is good, having to fight the tholians all the time will probably eat a good chunk of people's time (especially in pugs, where not everyone is a dps monster or has the tactical skills to distract the tholians), resulting in less ships being freed and less points being scored (which will be even more pronounced in those cases where the game decides to spawn virtually nothing but tlisses and dhelans), which will in all likelyhood reduce the success rate of the mission to the point where even the small amount of people that plays it now once in a while wil migrate elsewhere, which is bad. Kinda afraid this means RIP to Azure Nebula Rescue, unless some other adjustments are made as well.
  • uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 25 Arc User

Ah...so you're the TRIBBLE responsible for doing that. Very cute and I really don't care if they block me from posting on forums. I'm not going to censor my mouth or how I talk just to make other people feel better. Oh and you try handling a STF and using a free hand to check your stocks on your iPhone..
This discussion has been closed.