test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4/XBox Packs

Any word on what sort of ship packs we will beable to buy on the consoles when the game launches this fall. Want to figure out how much to put back lol.

Comments

• memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    99% of console players will NOT spend the going rate on ship packs. They already know this by studying purchase habits from never winter. They will have to restructure the ship pricing or find another income source.
  • chachy#3427 chachy Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I didnt say had to be the going rate but i am curious to what packs they are going to have at launch.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    At this point your guess is as good as mine. As for how much to put back, probably several hundred dollars. A Tier 6 endgame ship is 30.00 US Dollars. (Currently on pc). Plus if you want any of the special consoles off of the Lower tier ships You have T1 at 7.50, T2 at 10.00 T3 at 15 t4 at 20 and t5 at 25. Some of the T5 and T6 have one part of gear set, so in order to finish the gear set you need to buy all 3 ships that have the gear. And some gear sets are not even completeable anymore as the required you to be present to pick up a limited time ship to get the last piece.

Also some of the ships Say the T6 Hestia which can euip the console to split into three pieces, but the console comes on a second ship at T5 so to get the top tier ship to split you have to buy one 30 dollar ship plus a second 25 dollar ship (That youll never use because at the same level you can use a T5 ship you also can use a T6 ship. (And there are a few ships that fall into this category, With the Galaxy and the Defiant being the next ones to cross my mind, (The defiant has multiple ships to buy before you complete the set.)

So yea several hundred dollars would be good. Or a whole lotta time grinding Dilithium out.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    This belongs in the Console forum threads not the PC forum.
  • redlanternrageredlanternrage Member Posts: 5 New User
    Is there a console forum thread?
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Is there a console forum thread?

Not at the moment!

News for the consoles can be found here:
    Xbox1: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/star-trek-online/news
    PS4: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/star-trek-online/news

Any annoucements will be found there when they are made.
  • redlanternrageredlanternrage Member Posts: 5 New User
    null
    Thanks!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Any word on what sort of ship packs we will beable to buy on the consoles when the game launches this fall. Want to figure out how much to put back lol.
    We don't really know much yet, so I think we all have to wait for an official announcement. In the mean time, we can only speculate based on existing examples.

Are you familar with the current prices for STO?
    Contrary to what another poster said, I think this will be exactly what they want to keep selling. So a single end game ship can cost you around 30 $. But there might be sales (PWE has bonus Zen weeks, and there are store sales where stuff is off by 20 %).

It could be they also release something like console Starter Packs.
    The TOS/Agents of Yesteday starter pack is 20 $ right now (As I understand Agents of Yesterday will not be part of the initial X-Box/Play Station release, though, so it's just an example).

So 20 to 30 $ is a good guess.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.