test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rewards?

I recently heard rewards got pulled from the Foundry here as well. There is nothing much that can be done but hope they will reinstall the reward system. Neverwinter's Astral Diamond reward and the Foundry hour have been removed since September of last year. As you can guess, it crippled any hope of players wanting to even try our quests. Many Foundry authors have expressed they plan or have already moved on to other UCG projects. Others like myself are finishing up what we have started and see where it goes from there.

Some authors believe this is strategy to pull out of the PC market and make the games for XBox One only. The console version doesn't have the Foundry at all. I don't immediately accept theories but since it has occurred here, it has me doubting my doubts.

Join us on Facebook click my siggy below.

NFA-banner.png

Comments

• zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    They just took out the Investigate Officer Reports, the automatic rewards for playing are still there.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    I recently heard rewards got pulled from the Foundry here as well. There is nothing much that can be done but hope they will reinstall the reward system. Neverwinter's Astral Diamond reward and the Foundry hour have been removed since September of last year. As you can guess, it crippled any hope of players wanting to even try our quests. Many Foundry authors have expressed they plan or have already moved on to other UCG projects. Others like myself are finishing up what we have started and see where it goes from there.

Some authors believe this is strategy to pull out of the PC market and make the games for XBox One only. The console version doesn't have the Foundry at all. I don't immediately accept theories but since it has occurred here, it has me doubting my doubts.

Join us on Facebook click my siggy below.
    I don't see them actually dropping PC support.... Not when the game doesn't already have xbox support....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Foundry is dead? way of PvP fish-10.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    zorbane wrote: »
    They just took out the Investigate Officer Reports, the automatic rewards for playing are still there.

It was also stated recently that the drop was to make way for an in-the-works foundry rewards revamp. There's a question of "why cut IOR now if the revamp isn't imminent?" but maybe devs have to think about timetables differently (why put off until tomorrow what might go wrong and kill us all today? :P)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Since the Foundry is now offline for Mod 9, I decide to take a break from Neverwinter and work on the Foundry here. I have some Foundry missions for you to look at should you care to invest your time.

"Borg 2.0" - I co-authored this one. It was my first effort in making a Foundry. I didn't have the Foundry added to my account so a good friend @blargskull helped me out to create this on his account.
    800px-Borg_2_Upgrade_Banner.jpg?version=72e4a3852673a571d0b6c1c04a775acb

"The Other Starfleet?" @sandukutupu - is a comical look at what I consider to be inconsistencies in the series. My husband is a big trekker, and I asked questions like; Why is there only one SF academy on all of Earth in the whole of the Federation? Why don't we see more people who are washed out?
    The_Other_Starfleet_Banner.jpg?version=9eddb517de69c3eecf7e4651c58b329f

"The Other Academy" @sandukutupu - not exactly a sequel but more of a revisit to the prior mission. More misadventures of teleport defragmentation, spacial warp theories, and what happens when two online games bust the fabric of reality.
    The_Other_Academy_Banner.png?version=4c743bfe85d38553cd43d7249c7bed44

"The Rights of the Many" @sandukutupu - is my first serious look at making a KDF mission that illustrates the Federation is not always the good guys in white hats. You are sent to free a planet from the clutches of Starfleet. Also I recently fixed the trial, you can chicken out if you get the Q&A wrong or try again.
    The_Rights_of_the_Many_Banner.png?version=1c301b1295892f19592502bc4c21a311

I have some more I will be working on for the foreseeable future. <3
    NFA-banner.png
  • kalnok#8354 kalnok Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    There shpuld be rewards for those who create foundry missions in energy credit or dilithium.