test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What missions have you played lately?

Hi guys, after seeing this come up in another thread, I wanted to make a new thread where you can talk about missions you've played recently.

Simple mission title and author are fine, but if you want to give additional thoughts, you're more than welcome to post those, too! I'll be sure to post as well when I have the chance to play some.

So whadya got?

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    SFI: First Contact
    • By: Logitech007
    • Rating: 5 Star

Blast to the Past: Saving Gideon
    • By: JohnnySnowball

One Too Many
    • By: XR-377
    • Comments: Helped voice this on Zero's last livestream. It was a very good mission and I'll do a proper shout out/review on next week's Roundtab. This one was incidentally among the earliest foundry missions I recall playing and it was quite interesting to go back to it now.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    The Mirror Wars series by P_Sutherland, always good to play a mirrorverse story
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,156 Arc User
      I find myself playing the [ICO] foundry missions again. There are some good stories here.
      zx2t8tuj4i10.png
      Thank you for the Typhoon!
      edited May 2016
      Hunt for a Viper
      • By JohnnySnowball
      • Enough said :)

Mirrorball
      • By Pax/NCC-89471
      • Danah nanuh na na nah! Na nanah nanunah!
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    • kalnok#8354 kalnok Member Posts: 18 Arc User
      Purity parts 1 through 5.
      Mirrors wars
      Cold Blue Space part 4
    • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
      Any more recent plays? New stuff in particular?
      edited July 2016
      AEI

To Boldly Go
      The Three Star Tale, Part 1
      Defense Mechanisms
      In Silence
      Greenside Infiltration
      Lightning in a Bottle
      Shades of Intrigue
    • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
      Played through all of the AEI challenge submissions, and I've just started Mirror Wars 2.
      edited September 2016
      Mirror Wars 3 by P_Sutherland
      5-stars
      Another adventure in the Mirror Universe. More politics, more connections, more depth, more explosions. Good show.

Cold Blue Space, Part 3 by Galvatronicu
      3-stars
      Strangely fascinating, but very unfinished mission. It has the qualities of an endearing MST3K movie. The edges are very rough but in spite of everything you do get some feel for it. It's impulsive, incredibly frustrating (needlessly so, ex. the author will go through several quick map changes just for a few lines of dialog), but it seems to revel in that fact. At first one might suggest that the author pulls way back and tries to make something more conventional (in all terms). But another part of you wants the author to slide further into the happy world they've built for themselves here, because you haven't quite seen anything like it before.

If anyone remembers the sci-fi sequences in Gentleman Broncos, yeah it's kind of like that.
      Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
      Mirror Wars 3, it's beginning to connect to what we saw onscreen
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
        I played The Crossing series (16 of them I believe) by AAS0009. They are excellent and I'm not a huge fan of the Mirror Universe but these a wonderful missions.

The Ship by althir720 - another excellent mission in my eyes

[AEI] Shades of Intrigue by dragonsbrethren - I enjoyed this one very much.

Ghosts of War (saga by NCC-89471) --excellent.

I wish to thank all the folks who make the Foundry Missions. They are a lot of fun.

<3

“The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~