test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Everything Old Is New is also broken by the TOS career bug

reverandclintreverandclint Member Posts: 93 Arc User
In Everything Old is New, you get a career specific dialog when interacting with Doctor McCoy ... since the TOS characters aren't being recognized by their career you don't get the specific dialog. Without the career specific dialog, you can't advance to McCoy actually having you do his side mission - without which you can't complete the actual mission. :/

I still can't get in-game bug reports to actually report ... so I'm just going to stick 'em here.

Also ... something else seems broken as I'm 22 (playing just the story arc missions in order) and I haven't gotten called back to ESD for my promotion/tier 3 ship token.

Comments

• Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Just ran into the same issue. I hope that it's the same as the Azura issue, and is therefore an easy fix.
  • Options
    "The Doomsday Device" is also broken for TOS characters ... same reason ... you can't complete the Repair the Ship sub-mission, since you can't be asigned a career specific repair task.
  • Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I found I couldn't receive career specific accolades or kits. I also wasn't recognized as having reached the rank of commander, not by Quinn anyway. I could purchase tier 3 ships but only for dilithium, no free ship requisition chit
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Updates: Still no promotion mission/free ship voucher at level 30. :(

The Vault & Mine Enemy: The career specific side missions DO work in these two missions ... so it looks like the bug may be confined to the Federation only missions - those missions may be coded to look for (Eng/Sci/Tac + Fed) rather than just for (Eng/Sci/Tac.)

Another Update: Cutting the Cord - career side missions DO work here as well.
    No promotion misssion/ship token at 40 either ... -sigh-
    I should be starting the Cardassian arc ... BUT ... I can't go to the Alpha Quadrant - there is no pop-up to change sector. :/ ... I can spend energy credits & transwarp to the mission tho ... so ... odd.
    Post edited by reverandclint on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Another Update:
    Career side missions do work in Second Wave & Operation Gamma ... but not in Facility 4028. :/ Possibly due to the same reason that Romulans weren't able to do the career objectives there as well.

It is possible to go from Alpha to Beta ... just not Beta to Alpha (apart from using Transwarp.)

And ... no promotion mission/(vet reward) ship token at lvl 50. :(
  • Options
    johnbr216johnbr216 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Mccoy gives the juice for the Triolic wave serum, but no progression passed that. Also noticed the mission completely skipped the Science portion bit.
    Cryptic Lifetime account since Thursday, January 21, 2010
    2311 days and counting.
  • Options
    trek1968trek1968 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I got to the Mccoy part of the episode and then the game stopped offering progression buttons.
  • Options
    admiralwuffadmiralwuff Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    trek1968 wrote: »
    I got to the Mccoy part of the episode and then the game stopped offering progression buttons.

Same. Broken good. I'm glad Tribble server exists at this point. Also, in Stranded in Space, the tactical career option is unavailable, even though it does not block progression.
  • Options
    I am currently experiencing the same issue with the mccoy aspect of "Everything old is new" episode as well as not having received the reward ship for levels 20 & 30.
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User

Same. Broken good. I'm glad Tribble server exists at this point. Also, in Stranded in Space, the tactical career option is unavailable, even though it does not block progression.

same with sci career options, it doesn't work either
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    OK; just rechecked again and I am still stuck at the introduction to McCoy.
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I just got to this mission and I am definitely stuck in terms of Down to the Bones, in Everything Old is new again.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I also had this problem, and submitting in-game bug reports also seems busted, and so here we are. Thankfully I decided to just skip that mission and carry on.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    quentinstonequentinstone Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    As a lifetime member, I am somewhat disappointed when missions I have completed dozens of times (all the ones listed in this thread) fail to function properly. I know the devs will take care of it, but it is still annoying.
    No career is being recognized, nor are 'free ship' promotions. I do hope this will be working properly come launch day.
  • Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    seems the career bug is affecting multiple missions, the first one (Azure Nebula Rescue) wont let engineers actually fix the warp core... ran into the same issues previously stated, and at level 22. went and got the ambassador class (Temporal Ambassador) ship to keep going on, which I got with out errors...but ran into the same bug reported here in everything old is new again so seeing its getting worse the further I go, i'll stop here. lol
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    The bug is corrected now. I just completed 'Everything old is New' :)

Thankees, Devs, for watching our backs. :)
  • Options
    choclatstarfishchoclatstarfish Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The bug is corrected now. I just completed 'Everything old is New' :)

Thankees, Devs, for watching our backs. :)

I'm on the holodeck and i'm stuck at this point on the mission so it's not corrected yet.
  • Options
    huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    this bug affected my 23c captain on holodeck as well. I had to complete the mission objectives in the wrong order to progress the mission. To do this simply skip the convo with McCoy, and complete the next objective, then after opening a portal go back to McCoy and complete his objectives last, then the mission should progress and allow player to return to current time.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • Options
    ynwa77ynwa77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I got past the Macoy part just cant get the induction coil. The cursor is at the bottom of the machine behind the 2 consols. I've tried everything to get it and cant. Standing on the consols moving around the machine. closeest i can get is 1.78m Help! xD
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    The wife had this issue and was able to complete it by transporting out and then continuing from the spawn point. Maybe it'll work for you as well.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    alpha#9002 alpha Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    bug is not fixed I'm here and stuck i answer the question but it is not recognized oh well i asked for gm help but got none guess as a free to play i don't get help so i guess ill have to skip then oh well not really good but hey ho what can i do