test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nicole De Boer and Terry Ferrell for voice work?

Has cryptic considered them for voice work and maybe mark Hamill?

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Mark Hamill? Excuse me, are you aware of your surroundings sir?

There is the door, hand in your acct and badge and have a good day!
  • lorne12lorne12 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »

George Takei did voice work in the Clone Wars series, and both Hamill and Takei worked on Batman cartoons.

When I saw this episode I didn't recognised Takei, but now it's quite obvious that's his voice.

https://youtu.be/fSInLqp-Kwc?t=43[/video]
    You read an lorne12™ post

bZVIEMl.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Hamill is a bit busy with Episode 8 at the moment, not sure if he has ever done any Trek-related voice work, though I doubt he would be too opposed to it. As for the 2 Daxes, Terry just barely started coming to conventions and according to her IMDB and other information she has been mostly retired from acting since 2003, though apparently Tim Russ did manage to convince her to reprise Jadzia for a Renegades episode, which may never get made at all at this point. Nicole has been working fairly steadily but I have no idea of her feelings towards Trek, the DS9 set was (according to Michael Dorn) a notoriously un-fun place and she may not have fond memories of her season there.

Same Mark Hamill that's so busy with SW EP 8, he still had time to voice work for a new animated batman movie, AND is doing voice work(and being modeled in game) for Star Citizen?

Gee sounds like he's just so busy with SW he has zero time.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Srsly why would you want Hamill in a Star Trek game? Why not Harrison Ford, he's not busy with EP8...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    Srsly why would you want Hamill in a Star Trek game? Why not Harrison Ford, he's not busy with EP8...

Harrison Ford isn't generally known for doing voice work, whereas Hamill's had a very extensive voice career (probably because it was a good way to get around being typecast as Luke).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Not only voice : he played the Trickster back in the Flash 90s series and I guess that was a major turning point for him to get around Luke ( in fact, he played him again in the present Flash series ).
    Moreover, his great Trickster performance basically granted him the Joker's VO on some games.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    Jadzia is dead. Bringing her back just for the sake of bringing her back would not be a good idea.
    sstosig2.png
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    While it is cool Cryptic wants Trek actors for voice work, they obviously cost money. I do like it when a character from one of the series or films shows up in game. I am appreciative they are willing to do so. BUT, I wonder if this money gets a good return on investment? I sometimes think the operating budget for this game should be skewed a little more towards content and a little less towards VOs.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    As cool as the Mark Hammil talk is (and his stuff on the NEW Flash series is pretty awesome) ... can we get back to the idea of Ezri and Jadzia voice overs?

I find that so much more intriguing!

Maybe get some Curzon going on. Like a whole Dax story arc. Through time! (We're knee deep in temporal stories now anyways). We could then get like some KDF flavor going, explore the whole thing that Joined Trill are options in the KDF races and really just have a big old fun time doing Dax stuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    walligig wrote: »
    Jadzia is dead. Bringing her back just for the sake of bringing her back would not be a good idea.

Well how about a Time Travel episode or two for her.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    walligig wrote: »

The only people to have suggested that posted after you. Ferrell doesn't have to voice Dax, she could maybe voice a relative or a separate character.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Ezri Dax may still be around as Captain of the Aventine, so she is plausible. Jadzia... only if Jadzia is still alive in the Mirror Universe or we do a time travel back to DS9 before she was killed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    Jadzia Dax (mirror)
    Species:Trill
    Affiliation:Terran Rebellion
    Died:2375
    Played by:Terry Farrell

yeah...i'd say she's dead, jim​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Mirror Dax is dead too?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    she was killed in a skirmish at some point before The Emperor's New Cloak​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Huh... And I thought I remembered a makeout scene between Jadzia and Ezri in the Mirror Universe...
    it was ezri and intendant kira​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2016

I know, right. Haven forbid we have a real voice actor in this game. Only 2 bit D listers only club for STO. OKay Tim, say I'm Tuvok into this mic a dozen times in your most monotone voice. Also we need you to be a walking tutorial so place read the lame TRIBBLE lines saying where rocks are on the ground in your most boring voice. We also hand picked the most annoying way you can be in this game with your lines so read these as well. I'm pretty sure Tuvok is cryptics way of getting revenge on the players. Can't let Mark Hamill do that someone might enjoy it.

I really wish this game had a toggle off Tuvok option or at least mute him. It would be really beneficial if someone deleted him off the servers and lost the backups though
  • rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Ezri Dax may still be around as Captain of the Aventine, so she is plausible. Jadzia... only if Jadzia is still alive in the Mirror Universe or we do a time travel back to DS9 before she was killed.

She resigned from Starfleet in protest of the Federation's inactiveness on the Undine front,can't remember where ingame I read that

• kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    yep Jadzia is dead.... and so is Chekov and Scotty... guess what tho... Timey Whimey Arc
    maybe in your dreams...but the only person leeta was even implied to have made out with (or possibly something a little MORE than that) was ezri tigan​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• jovianusjovianus Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

She resigned from Starfleet in protest of the Federation's inactiveness on the Undine front,can't remember where ingame I read that

Err, I think you're confusing Ezri with 7 of 9, who cut all ties with Starfleet after they dissolved the original Borg task force. According to the STOwiki she's still commanding the Aventine as of 2409.

Fake edit: No, you're right, apparently she retired in 2401 over objections to the lack of response to the Undine, Memory Alpha notes it in the apocrypha, but I don't recall coming across it in game.

Seems to a theme in STO.
    if it's in MA's apocrypa, it may not have anything to do with STO at all but some novel or another​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• jovianusjovianus Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    if it's in MA's apocrypa, it may not have anything to do with STO at all but some novel or another​​

No, it specifically notes that it's from STO's backstory.
    well, i have no idea which part of the backstory it's from then; the path to 2409 has only one mention of ezri dax and it referred to her as already being retired​​

#LegalizeAwoo