test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level Cap 60-70, End Game, 5 Man Team Armadas

rattraps123rattraps123 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
- LEVEL CAP INCREASE -
Who's ready for a level cap increase ? Level 60- Level 70
Once reaching level 70, You get a special unlock, Being able to command your own 5 man team called Team Armadas made up of your already owned ships and bridge officers.

- END GAME -
To play the missions from level 60 - 70, You should have to join in a queue of 5 people in order to start each mission.
This forces high level players from all over the game to work together, It encourages people to develop teamwork skills and communication skills across the game, As you progress from level 60 to 70 each mission will get harder and harder. Kind of like no-win scenario.

- SHIP ARMADAS -
Your rewards for getting to level 70 should be the ability to unlock 5 Man team called Team Armadas, You and 4 other bridge officers, that you assign to your already owned ships. Can replay the game from level 1-70 and get extra rewards for being in a Team Armada.

If your like me you own a bunch of ships after playing the game for a few years. Well why not use them ? There is no better place then end game, to assemble your other ships and bridge officers, and equip there ships for combat. Please leave your feedback on this Idea below and take the poll.

http://www.strawpoll.me/embed_1/10321086
cSLYSLc.gif

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Considering that Specializations remove any need for a level cap increase, there is no point. We have an effective level of 95 for the Primary and Secondary Specialization.

For the rest of your idea, it might be a continuation of the Admiral system. Lots of players already have tons of equipment to equip entire fleets. Most of my ships and Bridge Officers are used just for storing equipment so I don't have to waste precious inventory space.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...we make it so you need 5 times the equipment we do now...aka 5 times the dilitium. Sounds terrible...but it could be a way to get the exchange down for a while I suppose.

Also level cap to what rank? We are already fleet admirals for crying out loud. We becomes rulers of the galaxy by 70? I'd say no to a level cap. I'd be okay with adding super hard missions you have to run to unlock the use additional ships...but honestly, they should just let you do it so you can do those ISA runs solo.
    Yeah I mean what's left? President of the Federation/Chancellor of the Empire? LOL.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Level 70 = Imperator :) (with a smilie of course)

More use for owned ships would be great, but I am not seeing anything happening in this regard anytime soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    No
  • Options
    r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Up the level cap?
    No, Specializations do the job well enough.

Forced Teams?
    Haha, No.

Team mates controlled by the games horrible AI?
    Obviously this is all a horrible joke. Right?​​
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Mucho Grande Fleet Admiral.

No more Level Cap increases. Just too much work for new ships and new equipment.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    - LEVEL CAP INCREASE -
    Once reaching level 70, You get a special unlock, Being able to command your own 5 man team called Team Armadas made up of your already owned ships and bridge officers.

Level Cap is unlikely to increase. Devs waaaaay back in the day posted that the game was developed with 60 levels in mind, and we after many years finally hit that mark.

Specializations now exist to create an alternate levelling grind.

So instead of a level cap increase ... it should be more like:

"Who's ready for a specialization increase? TERTIARY SPEC! ... Once grinding the points, your character can now command a THIRD specialization!"

And so on and so forth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »

No more Level Cap increases. Just too much work for new ships and new equipment.

First Officer Chalupa: MUCHO GRANDE Admiral on the bridge!
    /salute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Level 70 would mean T7 ... please no ... my wife would kill me ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    - LEVEL CAP INCREASE -

There's still plenty of T6 ships that people want to see new versions of. No-one except those people who are obsessed with Big Level Numbers, are ready for a level cap increase.
  • Options
    p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    No

+1
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    How about we all act like this thread never existed?

Levels 60-70?
    Dunno where you're getting the idea that there's room to go up. The game mechanics now aren't set for more level increases, because of the specializations.

Forced teams?
    Someone like me who is insanely socially awkward, even in a game, would probably die or give themself an aneurysm trying to run the missions solo.

Personal Armada thing?
    That's what Admiralty is for.

Are you new here or something?
  • Options
    drayden#3179 drayden Member Posts: 1 New User
    The general idea put forth here can be put down to three things. Extending the levels, and using that idea to foster team work. We already have that with our alerts where people join a cue. So that is not a big stretch. Secondly, I know many do not like to socialize. Well, that's why you can simply have your bridge officers assigned to a growing fleet you can run. Why not? If were admirals why should we not run about with a few more pets. Caveat. I would limit your bridge officers to ships they can run as commanders. Running around with a squadron of nothing but Capital ships could be a bit much. Secondly, instead of constantly being able to re-spawn, let it be that your ship is incapacitated, or your bridge crew pets, you call for assistance and they need to come repair you. Your (bridge pets) may have to lead the enemy away so one can come back and assist, just as is done on the ground in away teams. If you and your bridge run ships are all incapacitated, and if you have also a live partner on your mission team he/ she can rescue you and your ships. If all are incapacitated, well then you fail the mission. This would keep battles from becoming endless grinds.

I like the basic idea. I would just say that instead of having to add several new story lines (unless the game creators want to do that), that we can re run earlier missions with stepped up resistance do top our level and team. Finally, I suggest that as we increase levels beyond seventy, the addition of pet (Bridge crew) commanded ships gradually increase every five levels from one pet to two, ect.

Now before we shut your minds to this, remember that all these Fleet Admirals running around get burnt out with no rising challenges and often just leave the game. Frankly I felt myself that running through the game and reaching Rear Admiral when I did was crazy. Captain rank is something that should last a LONG time before
    you reach Admiral much less FLEET Admiral. That should be a very very rare rank.

I understand that some people are uncomfortable working with others. So? Who says this basic idea has to be geared to FORCE that? The idea as I read it simply to provide those who want to stay in Star Trek on line a reward system for doing so.

I personally believe this idea would be ultimately healthy for the game. Nothing need be changed about getting to sixty. The idea is not something to be frightened of. Why don't we let the creators and writers chew this one over and see what they come up with?

Anyway, that's my opinion. Feel free to trash on it. I will not take offense.
  • Options
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    How about we all act like this thread never existed?

Until that one post, I would have been in complete agreement with you. But now the event horizon has been passed. MUCHO GRANDE ADMIRAL is a thing! We can never forget!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    There is always:

Admiral of the Fleets
    Admiral of the Federation
    Supreme Commander

Although I think it will be unlikely
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Level Cap is unlikely to increase. Devs waaaaay back in the day posted that the game was developed with 60 levels in mind, and we after many years finally hit that mark.

They could easily increase it if they'd just dump the rank system already and make everybody an O-6 captain like in the shows.

14w3vv.jpg

They're just making excuses for poor planning at this point.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    If this were a proposal to find a way to allow "Personal fleets" to pull of certain missions / queues "solo" with the remaining slots filled with existent ships/gear on the account, yeah, I'd be for that and it wouldn't require a level increase to do so - just new function(s) added to select which 4 ships wing with the player and off to town you go...

If this were a way to "rebuild" say 20 man queues with 5 players and a pile of BOffs (Think Dyson Battleground) then I'd be for that, too.

But tying "personal fleets" to a level cap increase that can only be attained through a system of "forced teamwork" higher than what the current PuG queue system mandates?

<do I really need to get my daughter and her "NO.gif" uploader here?>
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    no-entry-sign-written-word-no-translated-many-languages-white-background-52685957.jpg​​
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

The way things are set up now there is no more ranks to give out.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    @snoggymack22 Okay, MUCHO GRANDE admiral can stay. Let's forget the rest of this, though. It's nonsense. But MUCHO GRANDE admiral must always stay.

Aaaand now I expect to see a bunch of people with "MUCHO GRANDE admiral" in their bios.
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I kinda like "EL SUPREMO Grand Admiral" myself...;)
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    Since you have to check at least one thing to submit the poll I have to respond here.

No.
    No.
    No.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    T7?
    nickmiller1.gif

No, OP.

/salute

I need this title.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    and what rank would you be at lv70?, you must increase in rank if there is an increase in level to this degree, being as fleet admiral is just about as high as you can go what do you suggest?. president of the federation maybe?.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    jcsteele wrote: »
    I kinda like "EL SUPREMO Grand Admiral" myself...;)

El Supremo Muche Grande Admiral would be like 80-90th level :P
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    T7?
    nickmiller1.gif

No, OP.

/salute

I need this title.

Personally, I prefer "Lord High Admiral" myself. For myself only, otherwise it kills "Mah immersion". The rest of ya all can be "High Admiral"...

Unless your toon is a chiwawa. Then you can be the Mucho Grande Admiral... Just remember not to drop the chalupa...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I wanna be El Supremo Double-Decker Admiral

At least till Grand Admiral Kirk takes my Fleet away and makes me his lackey.
    >:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif