test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who is the BEST SHIELD for tanking in both PvP and PvE

Hallo.
1. Delta shield with these 50% shield drain resists (that help against torpedo for shield strip), chance for all damage resistance and bonus to all energy and polaron resistance.
2. Dyson shield: low capacity but hight regen rate+amazing proc that can save you from insta dead and hight resists vs antipyroton
3. MACO shield: good resists and bonus stack to all subsistem power
4. Iconian shield: good vs disable abd debuff
5. Fleet adaptive shield

With one is the best for shield tanking? Pls share your experince.

Comments

• Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Best shield for shield tanking? Epic Borg Mk14 of course. (I regenerate 4,312.6 shields every 6 seconds woth the base regen my ship modifier and masteries + traits and that's not counting my Transfer Shield Strength 1 and EPTS 1 and ST 1 heals!)
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    vuvu18vuvu18 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I already try the Borg set but I have it on mark 12. Its a good set against these peoplde who hunt me on Kerrat but in one moment I think Dyson shield mark 14 ultra rare is better or not? What do you think Semalda?
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    for pve any shield. one toon ran a generic resilient until I got the completed Jem Hadar set. about half my toons run that the others run the adapted maco
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Well in PVP my shields don't drop for more than an instant due to.my passive regen + my boff heals. As for why I use borg...the 2 piece hull regen combined with Ablative Shell , Hull Repairing Nanites , and Nanite Repair Matrix allows your ship to heal passively in PVE Content with minor support on hull heals. And if you fly a Science Vessel with the Shield Masteries, and use the Borg Shields Rep Trait and have shield power at 125 or higher your shields do the same! Basically of set up right and using the borg set you can focus all your attention on attacking and have a minimal worry about healing.

Edit: all.those other shields have better resistance yes. But if you can't keep.your shields up to begin with what good is it? :p

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    If it's for PVP, the iconian shield is best. Due to the resistance to disable and debuff.

But shield tanking is kind of pointless in PvP.
    Everything is shield bypass.

You want to live longer in PvP ? Get your Hull Resistances up to at least 50%

Capacity and Regen are pretty much pointless for PvP purposes.

For Pve, Borg set is a good option for survivability, as semalda has said.
    But if you want more DPS, go with the iconian 4 piece set.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    Ok guys, thank yoy <3
  • Options
    With my Fleet Intel Scryer I hhave 53% all enery rezizts and 58% kinetic rezizts.....maybe da problem is not about my shield but about my 0% defenze. I didn't invezt any point at defenze.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    You know it's odd but everyone says go Iconians for dps but it's only useful for a beam/cannon ship. I use exotics and Torps and Iconians tanked my damage by almost 10k ( current set is Solanae Deflector , Borg Engines , Borg Shield , Temporal Warp core[Amp]) also I only have the 1 point in the Hull Skill Tree and no Armor Consoles at all and I survive perfectly fine unless I start taking ridiculous amounts of Fire. As for PVP concept is the same but slot a FBP on your ship ^.^

• Options
    Ok Semalda, dank you so much! :*
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Don't forget to also slot APD along with the krenim science ship trait and Attack pattern Delta Prime... for extra lulz.
  • Options
    And you may as well fly a T5 U Vesta, and use the Kinetic reflect console while youre at it lolz
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    vuvu18 wrote: »
    With my Fleet Intel Scryer I hhave 53% all enery rezizts and 58% kinetic rezizts.....maybe da problem is not about my shield but about my 0% defenze. I didn't invezt any point at defenze.

Fleet scryer is a nasty pvp ship.
    But yeah, I had to go heavy on defensive skills for my pvp sci, otherwise, you'll just get smashed by things that ignore shields all together.

My DPS Tac on the other hand, has almost the complete opposite skill tree, its pretty much full on offensive. Except I don't use Torps, so I skimped out there and saved myself 6 skill points by not investing anything into them.
    Surprisingly though, the torps still hit pretty hard without any Torp skills. I throw one on every once in a while because high yield and spread are pretty fun abilities.

Iconian for DPS, yeah probably best suited for cannons and beams.
    I messed around extensively with different combo for dps;
    Nukara shield + Deflector + rom engines + fleet core
    Nukara shield + Deflector + rom Engines + Terran Core
    Ico Deflector + Shield + Rom engines + Ico core
    Ico Shield +Engines + Core + Counter Command Deflector

But the 4 piece Iconian set kept on outperforming them.
    So I just use Ico 4 piece now days. Even though I was super bummed about dropping my Rom engines..
    I fought it for so long, because I loved that engine. But the numbers don't lie.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you for helping me! <3
    I love you Samalda and Taylor! :p
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
    Happy to help
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options