test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Updates Needed in Staging Area

chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
It's been a while since this has been a topic (in the sense of necroposts). New Romulus is still a mess, with a set of basic tents and building materials outside one of the city gates.

Are we ever going to get updates to New Romulus? The Republic is a power in the quadrants, as has been established several times over in the last couple years' episodes. Yet the homeworld is still way behind the state of the rest of the game.

Comments

• Options
    kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    A fair question, but one without much of a fair answer. I'd like to see the scaffolding removed as I think they're just about done completing the capital. Most everything else however seems to me to be justifiably there. To do too much would mean noone is needed to beat down arthropods, set up scanners, or tag nanovs or anything of the sort anymore. That would deprive some of the newer players what those of us who have been here a while have seen.
  • Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    it will be interesting to see if cryptic will take the time to get the staging area updated, but it been an advanture zone i doubt it you will ever see such an update.....hey i could be wrong but am not holding my breath on it.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    alikain wrote: »
    it will be interesting to see if cryptic will take the time to get the staging area updated, but it been an advanture zone i doubt it you will ever see such an update.....hey i could be wrong but am not holding my breath on it.

True, but it could still be an adventure zone. Just make ways for players to get Romulan marks within the city. Helping out with the Senate, doing tasks for Republic Fleet Command, attending to visiting dignitaries - there are tons of options that could be followed on.
  • Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »

True, but it could still be an adventure zone. Just make ways for players to get Romulan marks within the city. Helping out with the Senate, doing tasks for Republic Fleet Command, attending to visiting dignitaries - there are tons of options that could be followed on.

The Command Centre is only opened to Romulan players. Does this mean that only RR characters would get access to the City (I would be okay with this, as well as each faction to have their own Reputation system)?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    bltrrn wrote: »

The Command Centre is only opened to Romulan players. Does this mean that only RR characters would get access to the City (I would be okay with this, as well as each faction to have their own Reputation system)?

I think there could be both. As it is, there's an all-access part of New Rom, and a Republic-only part. Maybe some things like the Senate and Republic Command could be Republic citizen only, and then the broader city could be explored by all.

That way, we still have the adventure zone content, while also having the locked homeworld content.
  • Options
    Staging Area is fine as is.

*cough*
    R E M A I N

• Options

I think there could be both. As it is, there's an all-access part of New Rom, and a Republic-only part. Maybe some things like the Senate and Republic Command could be Republic citizen only, and then the broader city could be explored by all.

That way, we still have the adventure zone content, while also having the locked homeworld content.

I'd prefer vanilla Feds, and Klinks, not to have access to ch'Mol'Rihan, esp. after Season 14 or so. They can still assist with patrols, however. >:)
    R E M A I N

• Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User

I'd prefer vanilla Feds, and Klinks, not to have access to ch'Mol'Rihan, esp. after Season 14 or so. They can still assist with patrols, however. >:)

Well if the Klinks are not having access to ch'Mol'Rihan than same should be said about the Feds. Since the Embassey is still there that should work for both factions meeting place don't you think so.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options

Well if the Klinks are not having access to ch'Mol'Rihan than same should be said about the Feds. Since the Embassey is still there that should work for both factions meeting place don't you think so.

The Embassies are not Republic territory, per se. However, it would be nice if a Romulan/Reman skin were developed, to replace the UFP & KE skins, esp. for the RR themed fleets.
    R E M A I N

• Options

The Embassies are not Republic territory, per se. However, it would be nice if a Romulan/Reman skin were developed, to replace the UFP & KE skins, esp. for the RR themed fleets.

Then again, with all of these shifting timelines, perhaps this "Alliance" hogwash, will have been erased, by a certain date. B)
    R E M A I N

• Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    [quote="bltrrn;12942457"]

Then again, with all of these shifting timelines, perhaps this "Alliance" hogwash, will have been erased, by a certain date. B) [/quote]

I'd love return to the old classic backstabbing Romulans even though it's unlikely to happen. At least we can pretend we are with the Star Empire. I am not really a fan of the Alliance arc.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    IMO the staging area is just fine as it is. New players reaching that portion of the story arc(s) find what would be expected of a newly found home-world under construction. If anything it is actually too well done as far as the CC etc. Although with the Fed and KDF lending assistance it is quite easy to picture an impressive building housing a command center and attached embassies going up quite quickly.

It would be possible for the developers to create yet another version of New Romulus, only accessible to players who have already completed all the Aid to New Romulus missions, but I don't see it adding enough to the game to make it worth the cost. Let's be real here, if it's not going to bring in new players (who might end up spending money), or cause existing players to spend more money, then it just isn't worth the cost of developing.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options

Then again, with all of these shifting timelines, perhaps this "Alliance" hogwash, will have been erased, by a certain date. B)

I'd love return to the old classic backstabbing Romulans even though it's unlikely to happen. At least we can pretend we are with the Star Empire. I am not really a fan of the Alliance arc.

The New Romulan Republic is the restored Romulan/Reman polity. It is what the Star Empire was, during the late 23rd century. Just because we are more honest, honorable, and welcoming, does not mean we don't keep secrets, or no longer move in the shadows.
    arionisa wrote: »
    IMO the staging area is just fine as it is. New players reaching that portion of the story arc(s) find what would be expected of a newly found home-world under construction. If anything it is actually too well done as far as the CC etc. Although with the Fed and KDF lending assistance it is quite easy to picture an impressive building housing a command center and attached embassies going up quite quickly.

It would be possible for the developers to create yet another version of New Romulus, only accessible to players who have already completed all the Aid to New Romulus missions, but I don't see it adding enough to the game to make it worth the cost. Let's be real here, if it's not going to bring in new players (who might end up spending money), or cause existing players to spend more money, then it just isn't worth the cost of developing.

Perhaps it should be constructed over the course of the arc, and completed when one hits level 60?
    R E M A I N

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    wrote:
    Perhaps it should be constructed over the course of the arc, and completed when one hits level 60?

That would actually be a quite awesome scenario, but it would still boil down to cost. They already had to do two (or more) versions of Dewa III/New Romulus. One for the story arc finding a suitable planet for New Romulus, another for New Romulus itself. I am not a programmer/developer but it seems to me that each stage of New Romulus construction would require a totally new version of the planet. Granted they just have to erase/over-write portions of what they already have, but then they have to track each version, per player, to put the players into the correct version based on what they have/haven't done yet.

Look at all of the NPCs scattered around that are only there due to being an important contact in old story arcs. IE the Temporal contact dude outside the Admiral's office on ESD. He serves absolutely no function for anyone other than Delta Recruits, but it is too expensive to program him to only appear for Delta Recruits, so instead we have him standing there for everyone to see. Basically having an entire World that only appears to players at a specific point within a story arc is way too much to ask for. Wish for, hope for, salivate over the thought of, you betcha ! ! ! Do I foresee it ever happening ? Not in my lifetime.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    taco has said he wants to do more on Romulus but hasn't been given a go ahead
  • Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    @kodachikuno Bless Taco. The one person right now willing to give a rip about the Republic.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    rllaillieu wrote: »
    @kodachikuno Bless Taco. The one person right now willing to give a rip about the Republic.

I think its less RR, more its a really big, cool map he can get creative on... but we'll just pretend
  • Options

I think its less RR, more its a really big, cool map he can get creative on... but we'll just pretend

The Dewa III map is awesome. If that type of landscape can be replicated some more, while still completing the city wall, and eventually, it's interior, we would be satisfied with it, if I'm not mistaken. Besides, all the assets that are needed for this, already exist ingame. The same goes for QoNos, Earth, as well as several other homeworlds, and major planets.
    R E M A I N

• Options
    rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User

Wanting to do something with Mol'Rihan's maps is as close as we're going to get to attention, so I'll bless him and quietly pretend that this isn't likely going to be a bone thrown our way if it ever does happen.