test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for a trade

Hi!

I hope this isn't any sort of infraction of forum rules, but I'm looking to swap a Tholian Tarantula Dreadnought for a Tholian Orb Weaver.

If Interested, please contact me ingame, handle is @Aidy

Again, if I'm stepping on any forum rules' toes, please accept my apologies and delete the thread.

If you can't PM or Mail me, please post here and the first person I manage to make contact with will "win" the trade.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    You could also do this through the exchange if you've unlocked the credit cap raise. Look at the exchange prices for orb weavers under Reward Packs, sell the Tarantula for more than that.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Or use the Trading Channel...I'm sure some folks there might be interested.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    storules wrote: »
    Or use the Trading Channel...I'm sure some folks there might be interested.​​

Thanks, hadn't thought of that!

Can't seem to remember how to search for channels! Any idea of the channel's proper name?

EDIT: Scrap that, think I've found it. STO Trade the correct place?
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Good luck. Tarantula is worth a lot more than an Orb weaver.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Good luck. Tarantula is worth a lot more than an Orb weaver.

Sounds like he has the tarantula and wants the orb weaver I think
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Derp! @evilmark444 Yeah I read that wrong. Carry on!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    storules wrote: »
    Or use the Trading Channel...I'm sure some folks there might be interested.

Thanks, hadn't thought of that!

Can't seem to remember how to search for channels! Any idea of the channel's proper name?

EDIT: Scrap that, think I've found it. STO Trade the correct place?

This should help too:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Global_Channel_Directory​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    If you want to trade your Dreadnought for the Weaver, then I suggest you ask for something else on top of the Weaver.

The last time I checked, I think the Weaver was selling on the Exchange for 7 to 9 million. I am going to guess that the Dreadnought can be sold for 500 million EC on the Exchange. I could be wrong, but that is what my gut tells me.

I recommend that you simply grind and refine Dilithium so that you can purchase the EC Cap Remover which I think sells for 500 Zen. Assuming the Dil to Zen exchange rate is 360:1, you will need 180,000 refined Dil. At that point you should list it on the Exchange for sale.

Assuming I am correct that the Dreadnought sells for 500 million EC and a Weaver will only cost 9 million EC. You will have 491 million EC in the bank that can be used to purchase a lot of good gear and / or tech upgrades to upgrade your gear. If I had 491 million EC of "spare change", I would buy the T6 Paradox
    Temporal Dreadnought for 225 million EC when I checked it's price on the Exchange last week.
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Get the EC cap increase for 500 zen and sell your Tarantula. Then buy the Orb Weaver and have EC to spare, this is the only logical course of action.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    If you want to trade your Dreadnought for the Weaver, then I suggest you ask for something else on top of the Weaver.

The last time I checked, I think the Weaver was selling on the Exchange for 7 to 9 million. I am going to guess that the Dreadnought can be sold for 500 million EC on the Exchange. I could be wrong, but that is what my gut tells me.

I recommend that you simply grind and refine Dilithium so that you can purchase the EC Cap Remover which I think sells for 500 Zen. Assuming the Dil to Zen exchange rate is 360:1, you will need 180,000 refined Dil. At that point you should list it on the Exchange for sale.

Assuming I am correct that the Dreadnought sells for 500 million EC and a Weaver will only cost 9 million EC. You will have 491 million EC in the bank that can be used to purchase a lot of good gear and / or tech upgrades to upgrade your gear. If I had 491 million EC of "spare change", I would buy the T6 Paradox
    Temporal Dreadnought for 225 million EC when I checked it's price on the Exchange last week.

The Mesh Weaver is relatively cheap, but the price of the Orb Weaver has sky rocketed.
    When i obtained my Orb Weaver it was the cheapest Tholian Ship with everyone fawning over the Recluse while the last time i checked the recluse has dropped quite significantly in cost on the exchange.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jaguarskx wrote: »

The last time I checked, I think the Weaver was selling on the Exchange for 7 to 9 million. I am going to guess that the Dreadnought can be sold for 500 million EC on the Exchange. I could be wrong, but that is what my gut tells me. ...
    That's the Mesh Weaver from the last lockbox. The Orb Weaver is a science ship from the much older lock box.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tholian_Orb_Weaver

I think the Tarantula was selling for more last I looked though, like 100+ million EC more. So a fair trade would be more like an Orb Weaver + 20+ lock box keys. Check the exchange prices to see.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    It blows my mind that the Weaver is only 9mil EC.

Are there any other lockbox/lobi ships for dirt cheap?
  • Options

You can always check when you log into the game. I think the T5 APU Cruiser sells for less than 10 million EC, but it has been over 1 month since I last checked the price. I was thinking about buying it for my KDF engineering captain on a secondary account that is strictly free 2 play. But I decided not to since I have been managing to do fine flying the free T5 Vor'cha Battlecrusier at max level in the story missions. I have even used it to play ISA several times as well as CCA where I have come in earned 2nd place (twice) and 3rd place (too many times to count) using rare / very Mk XII gear. No rep gear yet.

• Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    Lobi ships will never be dirt cheap.

Lockbox ships are only cheap if they are the blue quality / lower tier prizes.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User

I think maybe there's been a misunderstanding. I think The "Mesh weaver" (rare quality), is selling for 9 million on the exchange, and the "Orb weaver" (the purple quality ship), is selling for a lot more.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    timonicustimonicus Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    The meshweaver was under 5 mil last time i checked, nihydron, kazon raider, apu and malon battlecruiser are also all under 10 mil ec
  • Options
    The orb weaver was much more than the 200-230 million EC lobi ships last time I checked, but I can't remember the range. 3xx? 5xx?
  • Options
    I think maybe there's been a misunderstanding. I think The "Mesh weaver" (rare quality), is selling for 9 million on the exchange, and the "Orb weaver" (the purple quality ship), is selling for a lot more.

Yeah, sorry.

I injected a bit of confusion when I mentioned the "Weaver", in my 1st post. I generally do not keep up with Lobi and Lockbox ships. I did not realize that there is a Mesh Weaver and an Orb Weaver in the game.

However, since both ships are only T5 ships, the Orb Weaver should still be relatively inexpensive in comparison to the T6 Tarantula Dreadnought
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    thanks for input guys, currently Orb Weaver is around the 400mill mark! :0 as is the taruntula

I'm a lifer so haven't got an EC cap. I'm just looking to get my hands on the orb weaver as - so far as I'm aware - is the final ship to add to my tholian collection :) and I'm a little impatient ;)
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    Get the EC cap increase for 500 zen and sell your Tarantula. Then buy the Orb Weaver and have EC to spare, this is the only logical course of action.

@samt1996 no its also logical to give the ship to a friend that has the EC cap, let him do it ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]