test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Console Port and Lifetime members a few questions?

I have a few questions about this console port and have not found the answers so hoping someone has them or a Dev can comment:

1) I have a lifetime membership purchased when STO was still in Beta. Will the associated perks and monthly Zen port over to the console version?

2) A follow up which I am sure has been asked: what about all of our store purchases which can total in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars?

3) A third follow up...if the Zen ports over will it be shared between all access points ie console and PC?

Thanks. I look forward to the console port as a new experience I just am curious what base I will be starting with.

Comments

• Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    1 - No
    2 - No
    3 - Doubtful.

From what I've read it will be a clean start on the consoles. :)
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    So....here's the answers that have come out in interviews with salami_inferno as best as can be

1. No
    2. Nien
    3. Nyet

Accounts on PC and consoles are going to be completely and totally separate.

For the first several months, there are going to be significant systemic differences between the console and PC versions of the game. The Lifetime Subscription you purchased was for STO on the PC. Same with myself.

Look at it like this, if you bought Fallout 4 on Steam and PSN and then go buy the season pass on Steam for the PC version of the game, you're not getting all the DLC for the PS4 version as well. You'll have to buy ANOTHER season pass for the PSN as well. I can't see STO being any different.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Wonder if they will be asking for some trouble...an LTS is an LTS no matter what PC or console? Where is the fine print?​​
    Post edited by storules on
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    storules wrote: »
    Wonder if they will be asking for some lwasuits...an LTS is an LTS no matter what PC or console? For real they better have some "great" lawyers looking into this or lots of people could make millions out of this lawsuit.​​

Doubtful.

PW/Cryptic are dealing with the big boys now. The lawyers for Microsoft and Sony will have looked over things and made sure everything is as airtight as possible. They would not allow any loopholes that might get in the way of their profits....
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    @storules.....what are you on about mate? When I bought my Lifetime subscription for Star Trek Online, I bought a lifetime subscription for a PC game.

I didn't buy a Lifetime subscription for Star Trek Online ad infinitum in any and all iterations on all platforms that may ever exist now and forever... I bought a Lifetime Subscription for Star Trek Online on the PC. That was the transaction...and that transaction had terms and conditions attached. No-one, but no-one would have any form of legal ground to even take action on this.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Looking at the current pages on Arc you would think that was the case but as of right now it isn't. On none of the pages is there any reference to anything being platform specific ie on subscriptions it just says: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7009153
    Subscribing to Star Trek will get you great features and benefits such as bonus Inventory and Bank Slots, extra Character Slots, access to more daily Dilithium refinement, a bonus 500 Zen every month, and more!

So maybe it is in the FAQ? Nope nothing here http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026713

So in that case it must be on the lifetime page instead then? http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026993
    Is your mission in Star Trek Online a long-term one? If so, a lifetime subscription is a great way to subscribe to Star Trek Online at one low price. You can play Star Trek Online forever as a Gold member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

Nothing there either so I had a peek at the page where you go if you want to renew a subscription as that surely must say it is for only the PC version?
    IMPORTANT!
    Lifetime subscription covers your subscription fee for as long as the game is in service. Subscription fees are non-refundable. We make no explicit or implicit warranties on the service period of the game.
    Once any Lifetime Subscription (LTS) purchase is attempted, any recurring (i.e., monthly) subscription that is active on your account will be removed and replaced by the LTS. Please be aware that no compensation will be given for subscriptions that have already been paid and are cancelled by the LTS.

While the intent is I am sure that it is suposed to be platform specific there is nothing on the site to say about it now, which technically is not surprising since right now there is only one platform for it to be on. Maybe if you looked at Neverwinter you would get a better idea of how subscriptions will likely work and/or be worded?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Looking at the current pages on Arc you would think that was the case but as of right now it isn't. On none of the pages is there any reference to anything being platform specific ie on subscriptions it just says: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7009153
    Subscribing to Star Trek will get you great features and benefits such as bonus Inventory and Bank Slots, extra Character Slots, access to more daily Dilithium refinement, a bonus 500 Zen every month, and more!

So maybe it is in the FAQ? Nope nothing here http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026713

So in that case it must be on the lifetime page instead then? http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/3026993
    Is your mission in Star Trek Online a long-term one? If so, a lifetime subscription is a great way to subscribe to Star Trek Online at one low price. You can play Star Trek Online forever as a Gold member and never pay a monthly subscription fee again!

Nothing there either so I had a peek at the page where you go if you want to renew a subscription as that surely must say it is for only the PC version?
    IMPORTANT!
    Lifetime subscription covers your subscription fee for as long as the game is in service. Subscription fees are non-refundable. We make no explicit or implicit warranties on the service period of the game.
    Once any Lifetime Subscription (LTS) purchase is attempted, any recurring (i.e., monthly) subscription that is active on your account will be removed and replaced by the LTS. Please be aware that no compensation will be given for subscriptions that have already been paid and are cancelled by the LTS.

While the intent is I am sure that it is suposed to be platform specific there is nothing on the site to say about it now, which technically is not surprising since right now there is only one platform for it to be on. Maybe if you looked at Neverwinter you would get a better idea of how subscriptions will likely work and/or be worded?

Watch out for some white knight rain on your parade?​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Just a nit...
    It also doesn't specifically say anywhere that a Lifetime Subscription INCLUDES future platform releases.

What isn't listed, is very much as important as what is listed, in a court of law.

No judge will allow assumptions, unless they are backed up by provable facts.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    Please check out this link.... Perfect World Terms of Service

Not a lawyer, but pretty sure there will be no class action suits...
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Just a nit...
    It also doesn't specifically say anywhere that a Lifetime Subscription INCLUDES future platform releases.

What isn't listed, is very much as important as what is listed, in a court of law.

No judge will allow assumptions, unless they are backed up by provable facts.
    B)

Chances are the console versions will be considered different games to the PC version anyway making the question irrelevant as the only thing they share are graphics and story. So any guesses on the new name, Star Trek 2410 maybe?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm obviously a lifer and don't expect to see this transfer. No big deal for me as I don't see a console in my near future.

I think they would say STO for xbox etc is a different game. It's not STO.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    You know, I bet STO on console will be similar to Neverwinter in that there will not be ANY subscription option of any kind. Would kinda put to rest any pc sub transfer argument if subs don't even exist on console, and would allow them to straight sell the liberated borg race on console, along with all vet rewards.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    Yeah... nice try.

Just because you got Star Trek Online the PC version lifetime access doesn't mean you get Star Trek Online* "the lifetime literally every conceptual design version they come up with access".

When you purchased your lifetime account it was for the PC edition. No, it's not strictly specified but really? You didn't even realize they were doing a console version when you purchased it so no expectation of having lifer access on said consoles should have even been a thought.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Till PWE gives a hard answer on the subject, all we can do is speculate. Could go either way. Though I wonder how you will have to log into the game from consoles. Will it be through Arc? Or some other way?

If you login through arc, might get the lifetime benefits. If not, the likelihood goes under "not bloody likely".
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    lordstipe2000lordstipe2000 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers and while I really don't care I just wanted to know. I will say they should show some loyalty to those who purchased LTS. I would be happy if they just let us have our veteran rewards.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    It would be nice if they did. But nobody is entitled to it.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I'm a limetime subscriber so i should be able to see the new star trek series on CBS all access for free.
  • Options
    I'm a limetime subscriber so i should be able to see the new star trek series on CBS all access for free.

Me too!!

Well..., I probably will, but that's a discussion for a different time and place.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    Till PWE gives a hard answer on the subject, all we can do is speculate. Could go either way. Though I wonder how you will have to log into the game from consoles. Will it be through Arc? Or some other way?

If you login through arc, might get the lifetime benefits. If not, the likelihood goes under "not bloody likely".

In last week's Priority One Podcast, Steve Ricossa stated accounts for STO PC and STO consoles are separate from each other. While people who plays STO on the PC are welcomed to play STO on the consoles they need to make a new account. The main goal is of STO console is to get new people to play STO who otherwise would not play the game because they prefer to play games on the console rather than on a PC.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    jaguarskx wrote: »

In last week's Priority One Podcast, Steve Ricossa stated accounts for STO PC and STO consoles are separate from each other. While people who plays STO on the PC are welcomed to play STO on the consoles they need to make a new account. The main goal is of STO console is to get new people to play STO who otherwise would not play the game because they prefer to play games on the console rather than on a PC.

Which is sad, but not surprising. Not like I was going to go console anyways, radial menu, PASS.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    norhinnorhin Member Posts: 3 Arc User

jaguarskx wrote: »

so another words, a cash grab from the console kids. otherwise it is a rather weak reason for the investment.

• Options
    The "Investment" is to Make More Money...
    Not give it away to previous players.
    B)
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    norhin wrote: »

so another words, a cash grab from the console kids. otherwise it is a rather weak reason for the investment.

The goal of an "investment" is to earn a return on money spent on some type of activity or financial instrument. The "investment" is only worthwhile if the long term value of the return is in excess of the initial amount invested.

By your reasoning, putting money into the stock market or into a mutual fund in the attempt allow the money to grow over time so that you will earn a profit is nothing more than a waste of time and effort.