test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Missions] Crashing to Desktop/Unable to transfer player container **Please Read before posting**

2»

Comments

• phyzelphyzel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I seem to be able to continue Takedown. Thank you.
  • tzeldan52#6720 tzeldan52 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Was able to complete Surface Tension - so making progress.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    "Cold Comfort" seems to have loaded fine now. Thanks, team!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Guys, many thanks for the effort! I will try to continue my stuck missions and give feedback.
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Hey folks,

We just made a change to the structure that should hopefully resolve this. I'm with the network team monitoring the gameserver error tracker right now.

This seems to have reduced, but not completely eliminated, the hang when the Lib-Borg Romulan Science Officer (the Lobi one) gets its traits looked at for the first time. So whatever you guys did it helped with that too, thankfully. Didn't completely eliminate it, but it was maybe 20-30 seconds, probably less, instead of 4 minutes.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Everything has been going great, until I tried to exit a CC stf and my computer froze up like yesterday.
  • baldrick8baldrick8 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    All my issues have been resolved, thanks a lot!

Sorry for the people who still have problems, though.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    i just crashed on the loading screen as i was loging and went back to desktop it's getting worse for me :(
  • tinyfistedtinyfisted Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    Yay! Thanks to Trendy and Bobsled for keeping us up to date, and to the dev team for leaping on this like a starving Gorn on a Pakled freighter (not that Gorn ever starve on a Pakled freighter...)
    86B6EC45459D17DB8AE6CD5F51C13A90CDC00A85
  • dlmc85dlmc85 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I've just been able to finish the mission "surface tension", also found three minor graphic bugs in cutscenes. The first is Shon who sits on the ground instead of the chair, the other two arer Tuvok who stands instead of sitting on his chair.
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    its still happening.. pretty much any map change besides stfs dies a horrible death.. Now its freezing more than crashing though.. very annoying..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • exception2ruleexception2rule Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    We have CTD on entering many areas and the CTD caused when looking at bridge officer traits
    The issue has persisted for several days and through repeated attempts at a live fix over the weekend.

While we appreciate the efforts being made perhaps it is time to roll back to the last stable version and submit the changes for futher QA.
  • bobsled624bobsled624 Member Posts: 267 Bug Hunter
    Hey guys,

If you are still experiencing issues with either a crash to desktop or a "cannot transfer player container" error, can you try the following and if this doesn't resolve the issue, let me know?

Locate and delete the gameprefs.pref file on the game's installation folder: <install path>\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata\gameprefs.pref

Please note that deleting this file will reset all your game preferences including keybinds, audio, and video settings to default. Please don't alter these settings until you have confirmed the game is functioning normally. Afterwards, do a force verification of your game files. To do this,

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.
    2) Start the game launcher, and click on "Options" that can be found on the upper right side of the launcher window.
    3) Under the "Patching" section, put a check mark on the "Force Verify" option on the game and select "Save". Let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also re-download any files that don't match.
    4) This will take some time. Please be patient.
    5) After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

Captain Mark Shranz | bIng 'aj Ro'Tal | erei'Riov Koval tr'Liun

"Your fun is not wrong" -Jeremy Randal@borticuscryptic

Proud Member of the Operational Support (Bug Hunter) Team
  • exception2ruleexception2rule Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This has resolved the two unenterable areas in my case.
    The traits panel hangs and will crash if interfered with but will work if left alone for a few seconds.

Thanks for the fix bobsled624, hopefully a patch will be able to push out a community-wide solution soon.
    "Mine enemy" worked fine on default setting after file deletion, but "Frozen" froze during beam down to reman base after patching 4 files..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • eriksarcasm#1773 eriksarcasm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Very glas this was resolved quickly. Great job, dev team! Now I can finally get my Kling on :wink:
    Still freezing during map changes.. Just froze up exiting from dara patrol side mission..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    and again it freezes at esd changing from interior of esd to outside ship
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    I'm sorry guys, but this is not stable at all.. It just froze up again changing from sector space to esd in a completely different ship than the last time..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    sorry, but this is annoying as it gets..
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: GameClient.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 573bf7aa
    Hang Signature: 06de
    Hang Type: 1
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Hang Signature 1: 06de1eddc1def7642ab86bb6308b7b14
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 94d0
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 94d06915a04d9b9781d79bfe635078cb
    Additional Hang Signature 4: b0ef
    Additional Hang Signature 5: b0efd043b47e6e875cf5233bf975ecfa
    Additional Hang Signature 6: bc25
    Additional Hang Signature 7: bc255bd0548d1a210ab6ccac098f2a30
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
    having done some research on the above error, I discovered that these freezes can happen due to something steam is doing.. After taking the steps outlined on this link ( https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/864973032790233112/ ), the issue seems resolved for now..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    bobsled624 wrote: »
    Locate and delete the gameprefs.pref file on the game's installation folder: <install path>\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata\gameprefs.pref

Please note that deleting this file will reset all your game preferences including keybinds ....

Unless Cryptic changed something recently, this part is wrong: deleting gameprefs.pref does not erase your keybinds. PWE customer support told me the same thing, and they were wrong too. You can open up gameprefs.pref in a text editor and see that there are no keybinds in that file. I wrote a longish explanation of where various settings are actually stored a couple of months ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/40ihd8/copying_settings_from_one_computer_to_another_how/cyuiopl
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png