test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Na'kuhl, generally speaking

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
Man, ain't it great the way they can spam invincibility clones -and- the cone charge attack? And in any direction, too! It's like, you remember playing in the schoolyard as a kid, and there'd always be the one kid that you'd point at and go "Bang bang! You're dead!", and he'd go 'Nuh uh! I got a force field! And a mega cannon!' and so on. We all loved that kid, didn't we?

Comments

• nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    When that kid stood up to the 200k-and-up dps bully, yeah, I always rooted for that underdog.

Sorry they made an enemy that encourages you to pick targets, to use torpedoes (because the copies have no shields), and to decide when to burn hard vs. just coast for attacks. No, wait, I'm NOT sorry. I hope they make more.

Oh, and unstable warp bubble for the win. I'll leave it to you to figure out why.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    I was that kid! Lol. But "generally speaking" the Na'Kuhl explode like everything else while my ship takes it to the face and says "More please!"
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It's a step in the right direction, although I feel that targeting the fake ships should be more punishing (give them feedback pulse or something like that, perhaps combined with Attack Pattern Delta.

Right now there is still little need to actually target the right enemy, as you can just spam FAW or AOE abilities in general to solve the problem.
    Really? You have a harder time with Tholians? Weird.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    nikeix wrote: »

I find Tholians far, far tougher than Nakuhl.

Perhaps it's thier drain abilities, but I would much rather fight Nakuhl than tholians. They are a pain in the TRIBBLE.

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »
    nikeix wrote: »

I find Tholians far, far tougher than Nakuhl.

Perhaps it's thier drain abilities, but I would much rather fight Nakuhl than tholians. They are a pain in the TRIBBLE.

yep, sam thing for me. tholians in cca for example are really a pain in the TRIBBLE (mega hp, drain skill, subsystems randomly shut off, + the torp)

Nak'hul are killed very easily.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The plasma waves shooting through their own ship look kinda funky, but whatever. And the ghosts are...so unscientific, but this is a space magic game so whatever. Hardly the most unscientific bit of kit around.

As gameplay mechanics they are both mildly interesting, but hardly challenging. The waves are telegraphed and the ghosts are clearly labeled, without even a penalty for shooting the wrong target. Just fly out of the target cones when they appear and BFAW away as usual. All too easy.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    It's not the distortion clones that bug me, it's that the original ships are invulnerable -and- get to use all their abilities. That's unbalanced.
    Yes, temporary. Not potentially indefinitely.
    And that's what makes them an annoyance. That's the point. They're not fun to fight because they're not a threat. They're just annoying.
    predcon wrote: »
    And that's what makes them an annoyance. That's the point. They're not fun to fight because they're not a threat. They're just annoying.
    To be FUN, the clones would have to be unmarked, indistinguishable from the real ship other than not being invincible and have at least some negative effect for shooting the wrong one.

But no, the fakes are not an annoyance. Just another mildly interesting gimmick that really shouldn't be worth any long attention. I didn't even notice the real ship was invincible until people started complaining about it.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Tell that to the poor freighters in the Na'Khul Red Alert that keep dying.

If you're doing your job and keep those freighters alive, there is actually a challenge there, because I see lots of runs where freighters die.

The bonuses for saving the freighters should be much higher, I suppose. Or there should be some dramatic cries of dying freighter captains. "Hull Breach, calling Emergency Evacuation, please help Aaaaargh". (The 5th freighter should also have a background noise that sounds like a crying baby...)

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Its that frigging plasma field that gets me, when they fire a plasma torp and its even a t6 cruiser as to leave rapidly, nothing stands a chane, in the Red alerts the game says "oh well done you saved 5 freighters", then thy are hit by one of those and its "oh.' sorry I meant you have saved 3 freighters cause no hull can stand upto those bleeding torps and one can take a bunch of ships out easily".
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    Its that frigging plasma field that gets me, when they fire a plasma torp and its even a t6 cruiser as to leave rapidly, nothing stands a chane, in the Red alerts the game says "oh well done you saved 5 freighters", then thy are hit by one of those and its "oh.' sorry I meant you have saved 3 freighters cause no hull can stand upto those bleeding torps and one can take a bunch of ships out easily".

Hazard emitters.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    jtoon74 wrote: »

Hazard emitters.

some ships don't have that boff setup
    Proper tanking :). Fly ABOVE the plane the nakhul and freighters are on and the plasma cones/torps will fire upwards like searchlights with narry a scratch on the civies.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Honestly, I don't really have a problem with the Na'kuhl. Yeah the cones can be annoying if you have too many ships bunched up together. I mean sometimes I feel like all I am doing is dodging those things.

And yes, it can get especially annoying if you have to search for the clone of a ship while dodging cone attacks. But there is annoying-frustrating, in I just can't seem to find a way to win, and there is Annoying-darn looks like I have to do stuff and pay attention more.

I think the Na'kuhl are the latter, and I am ok with that, especially as a endgame level enemy. Not everyone should be a pew-pew your dead enemy.

Tell that to the poor freighters in the Na'Khul Red Alert that keep dying.

If you're doing your job and keep those freighters alive, there is actually a challenge there, because I see lots of runs where freighters die.

The bonuses for saving the freighters should be much higher, I suppose. Or there should be some dramatic cries of dying freighter captains. "Hull Breach, calling Emergency Evacuation, please help Aaaaargh". (The 5th freighter should also have a background noise that sounds like a crying baby...)
    Bah. It's just a Normal queue, they would never stack on enough "bonuses" to make me care one bit about the freighters. The accolade is the most important reward on it.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Lol.just use a scramble sensors on em and watch em vape each other with the cones. It's actually really funny!
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Na'kuhl...lol.....they die just as easily from my torpedos.

And it's even more fun fighting them when piloting on of their own ships....they aren't the only ones with ghosts and mega-plasma shotguns!
    SulMatuul.png