test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MAY 19, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160515a.4.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

New Features:

New Episode: Painful Omens
New Episode: Return to Babel
General:
  • TOS Tutorial:
    • Bull by the Horns: Resolved an issue where Grogan sometimes got stuck when equipping the rifle.
    • Bull by the Horns: Resolved an issue where the Debris are sometimes "untargetable" and would break mission progress.
    • Bull by the Horns: Resolved an issue where the Klingon Scouts could be killed before the Assault Squad breaking mission progress.
    • Of Sheep and Wolves: Resolved an issue where the "Approach Klingons" objective would not update once the player started attacking out of the waypoint.
    • Updates made to the Spear Throwing FX and audio of the Taureens.
    • Numerous updates to the text within the episode.
  • Shadow of Cestus:
    • The first and second objective will auto complete upon replaying this episode.
    • Numerous updates to the text within the episode.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing all new TOS Characters to not have access to Species Traits.
  • The Pioneer now has a T0 TOS Photon Torpedo as its default weapon.
    • Only newly obtained versions of this ship will have this correct weaponry.
  • Security Officers and TOS Bridge Officers now have appropriate TOS themed uniforms.
  • Additional updates to TOS themed audio and FX.
  • Removed an “X_None - Remove Part on Item” item which was appearing in the ground tailor.

Known Issues:
  • The Foundry is temporarily unavailable.
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
  • Players that have already claimed the Constitution Class Starship will not see the updated art.
    • Go into the ship tailor with the ship and alter the costume to make all updates appear.

Comments

• Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    Version Mismatch is still a problem... on second attempt.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    torchwood1968torchwood1968 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Same here, three tries then on 4th try it synced up
    Post edited by torchwood1968 on
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    Version mismatch errors. I didn't start getting them until this patch, must have been lucky. 5th time's the charm?
  • Options
    lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I am the lucky one I guess? I haven't had any version mismatches. >.>
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    After you patch - stop - shut the a game down and restart. A second patch will be applied.
  • Options
    norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    And if you're having mismatch errors, the way I've been able to get around it after a crash is let the launcher start, but don't click on the Tribble tab. Wait until it prompts you to press Engage for Holodeck and then switch over to Tribble.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    All in all... other than the version mismatch.. the two missions were pretty sound... and nothing to report as broken :) Nice patch overall.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Also getting version mismatch even with force verify, it still downloaded the wrong patch.
    so wasted an hour on nothing there and now i am wasting yet another hour of patching.

Edit: a few issues, the transport of people during cutscenes and the actions taken - specifically when a person is in the beam down animation there is insufficient time between the animation and the next action, so sometimes you see a half beamed down person moving off the transporter pad and chatting with someone else.

the female vulcan officer on k-13 is using a 24th century tricorder the same with hunter/daniels, it should be time period specific in order not to draw attention to himself.

k-13 is missing in the cutscene when it gets sucked into the time portal.

a dead Ambassador Gav is 3/4 through the TOS wall near a jefferies tube when you encounter a na'khul you been hunting, should just put him on the floor instead.

finally tarsi disappeared between a map seam and ever since the first meeting with scotty on k-13 both my boffs when tarsi returns are constantly reviving someone that isnt dead.
    Post edited by mirrorchaos on
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Had the mismatch version bug again aswell. Closed down and opened up again 4 times before it applied the right one.

Both new missions ran smoothly. Didn't find anything strange. Other than the Boff NPCs we are given have the wrong combadge.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • Options
    miamiviceroymiamiviceroy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    a dead Ambassador Gav is 3/4 through the TOS wall near a jefferies tube when you encounter a na'khul you been hunting, should just put him on the floor instead.

Actually, per the original episode, Gav's body should be in the Jeffries tube. (It wasn't, at least for me; it was sort of floating in front of it.)

Also, for the devs: I'm thinking that what's going on with the version mismatch deal is that for whatever reason the launcher is glitching and reading the wrong manifest, so it's trying to apply the Redshirt patch/last pre-AoY Tribble patch. The couple of times I've gotten that error, it's been the same size patch each time. Unfortunately, without being able to look at the launcher and/or server code, I'm unable to offer any suggestions to fix the problem...

EDIT: Looks like the magic number is 3712. Every time the version breaks, that's the size of the patch that downloaded.
    Post edited by miamiviceroy on
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

Actually, per the original episode, Gav's body should be in the Jeffries tube. (It wasn't, at least for me; it was sort of floating in front of it.).

i know, but for ease the body should either be resting next to the jefferies tube entrance or on the floor.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    25th century uniforms are available for BOFFs.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    is there another tribble update?
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    One of these days I'm gonna see a patch note that says the Council Defense Pact set (Lobi-store Xindi space set) has been fixed, right?
  • Options
    norcaler2norcaler2 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I can't even patch Tribble back up to AoY without it freezing, requiring a restart of the launcher, and patches back to New Dawn. Until this version mismatch issue gets resolved, it's not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    liannicky21liannicky21 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    All of the missions so far are fun to play haven't come across to many bugs, but one that i see the most is that ground crews are using future tech like phaser rifles, and i was also wondering wether we will be getting the same torpedo's as the klingons and romulan because the fed ships in one of the missionshas the blue torpedo's but we have future red photon torpedo's!
    looking forward to playing the next missions!
  • Options
    miamiviceroymiamiviceroy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The blue TOS torpedo is in as of this patch, but the catch is you have to create a new character to get them; existing characters' ships won't have them.

As for the "modern"-weapons issue, I wouldn't stress out about that just yet. We're still extremely early in the early-access cycle for this. What's on Tribble now isn't remotely close to what will be sent to Holodeck...
  • Options
    liannicky21liannicky21 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    The blue TOS torpedo is in as of this patch, but the catch is you have to create a new character to get them; existing characters' ships won't have them.

As for the "modern"-weapons issue, I wouldn't stress out about that just yet. We're still extremely early in the early-access cycle for this. What's on Tribble now isn't remotely close to what will be sent to Holodeck...

i didn't know the new torpedo's were in thank you for that, and i understand that we are in really early access for the new TOS expansion i was just saying that it is seen quite alot but for me i think its kinda funny! we are temporal agents after all ;)
  • Options
    dzsonaszgdzsonaszg Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Just noticed some fixes for accolades. Thx guys for Siege Breaker and Incursion Defender!