test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crystalline Entity Event

Comments

• Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    About that lag, CC event slideshow is in full effect!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The only complain for me to that event is that i would really like the gear (from earlier events too) avaiable for future toons...
    Like the Agents of Yesterday...
    Other than that it's most alt-toon friendly event in STO.

Edit:
    ... and lag induced slideshow?
    Nope - i do not have it that bad - maybe you should try lower graphic details/effects?
    It's (i think) 10 player PVE so there will be many powers in use...

Edit2:
    18 toons done in 3 hours...
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    6 characters in under 20 minutes with messing around with inventory and admiralty. You really can't complain about the burden. Also the console has 2 relevant passives so may be useful for my antiproton captain - captain antiproton.

Wait... Captain Antiproton? Does he look like this?
    CaptainProton-picture%25285%2529.png
    ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    6 characters in under 20 minutes with messing around with inventory and admiralty. You really can't complain about the burden. Also the console has 2 relevant passives so may be useful for my antiproton captain - captain antiproton.

Wait... Captain Antiproton? Does he look like this?
    CaptainProton-picture%25285%2529.png
    ;)

that's the man! just hope he never collides with his counterpart.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    saber1973a Posts: 409Member Arc User
    2:48PM Edited 3:22PM
    The only complain for me to that event is that i would really like the gear (from earlier events too) avaiable for future toons...
    Like the Agents of Yesterday...
    Other than that it's most alt-toon friendly event in STO.

Exactly my point, do the special rewards in events and featured episodes account-wide to new toons can use too.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    +1 for account unlock please. Also a discount applied like with event ships.

Thank you
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    Account.
    Unlock.

That is all.
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Actually I partially take it back, this mission isn't grindy when done on alt accounts (I am doing it on three) (but I can understand players who have more than that: having some difficulty). For me this is perfectly fine though. Though yes, account unlock would be really nice for future chars still.

It is more The Breach that was a grind, it was quite painful doing that on alts. I heard lots of similar complaints in chat.
    What I meant earlier was more removing (and not adding) grind/tedious things in general is always a really really good thing. The mmo industry at large doesn't understand that enough.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    After a couple of days of 12 runs/day I can honestly say I'm not happy with spending 1.5 - 2 hours smashing snowflakes... :|

Luckily on Normal it isn't difficult, even on my alts who have yet to assign skill points, oops lol.

I still stand by my belief/request that all events like this (crystalline, mirror invasion, breach) should be account unlocks, for multiple reasons:

1. Future characters ie. recruit events/future expansions
    2. Alt-o-holics, having many characters shouldn't be discouraged by these events.

I don't mean to come off as whiny or 'gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!' I just believe that these events should be given similar treatment that the summer/winter/anniversary events were given.
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Without a base stat passive, seems underwhelming.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Without a base stat passive, seems underwhelming.

17.5 (or was it 18.5) percent boost to AP damage, and +17.5 (again, not sure if it might have been 18.5) all energy resistance.
    orion0029 wrote: »
    After a couple of days of 12 runs/day I can honestly say I'm not happy with spending 1.5 - 2 hours smashing snowflakes... :|

Luckily on Normal it isn't difficult, even on my alts who have yet to assign skill points, oops lol.

I still stand by my belief/request that all events like this (crystalline, mirror invasion, breach) should be account unlocks, for multiple reasons:

2. Alt-o-holics, having many characters shouldn't be discouraged by these events.

I don't mean to come off as whiny or 'gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!' I just believe that these events should be given similar treatment that the summer/winter/anniversary events were given.

There's over a dozen posts to this effect already. I stand by each of them. :)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    5/6 characters took 1st place this morning. Lazy petaQ Klingon has failed me.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    17.5 (or was it 18.5) percent boost to AP damage, and +17.5 (again, not sure if it might have been 18.5) all energy resistance.

Thanks. That makes it more worthwhile.

• Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    My only complaint is the annoying mission window popping up automatically and doesn't always go away unless you specifically hit X which really slows it down to get started.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    What's with the gas clouds? Never remembered seeing those before.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    My favorite grind-event! Takes all of 3 minutes. Which is good when you have 7 or more toons. ;) Plus I can consistently place in CCA on all my toons which makes me feel good; considering I don't tailor my ships for anti-CE for the event.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    orion0029 wrote: »

15 runs daily myself, no complaints at all. Might even be able to pull off double event completion with several of them as I still have some of the crystal spike projects from last time slotted, didn't finish them cause I still had AP Torps open, and still had those open cause of pc death crash during that mirror event.

You might change your mind if you ever create a new alt that wants to use AP. With the current system they can never get this console, ever.

Oh well, TOS captains should use phasers anyway I guess.
  • Options
    My only complaint is the annoying mission window popping up automatically and doesn't always go away unless you specifically hit X which really slows it down to get started.

That's so frequent you end up being accustomed to it. Kind of like the bad apples you see in fellow people... Just learn to pretend they don't exist or laugh at how silly it is. But yes I too wish that window would stop popping up even after you dismiss it. It's like a fly that refuses to be squatted. Persistent little $%^. Sorry was thinking about something else there...

"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User

I'm 5/5 this evening. Either I've gotten a lot better, or something's off. How many people are getting first place.
  • Options
    I usually get second or third and my gear stinks.
  • Options
    swamarian wrote: »

I'm 5/5 this evening. Either I've gotten a lot better, or something's off. How many people are getting first place.

I think all is the same. Poor day today for me at 2/6.

I enjoy going for first - it makes this mission 10x more interesting to me and I wish they had it for all missions.

And I agree that a good 25% of the competition is to see who can x out that chatty commander at the start fastest. I suck at that. Because the first one in there has a much better chance at taking damage. It's also quite a feat to launch pets set them to attack and click 3 or 4 other things before you get to the entity with all the frenzy lag.

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    My favorite grind-event! Takes all of 3 minutes. Which is good when you have 7 or more toons. ;) Plus I can consistently place in CCA on all my toons which makes me feel good; considering I don't tailor my ships for anti-CE for the event.
    I'm not sure if it's good or bad that I've been placing on characters with blank skill trees.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    CCA was a horrible experience today. Lagg all over the place.
    Was glad i could reach the bloody CE before it blew up.

For those spamming abilities: stop. The 1 minute gained is not worth the horrible lagg.
    For those who don't know what i am referring to:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1215741/powers-performance-update-may-16
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    For what it's worth it's ovbious that the worse lag instances occur with the fastest (dps monster) groups.
    I had assumed it was the clicky frenzy and or tac ultimates in general, but isn't the penetration a passive?

• Options
    jorgass1jorgass1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's a realy stupuid event specialy since 2-3-4 people in the event instance is always afk and just leech the reward and nothing happens to them ever.
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Be happy it's not Mirror Invasion or In to the Breach - there you will have also long mission with AFK players...
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    That console looks pretty interesting. Might be able to replace the regenerative integrity field on some of my smaller ships.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk