test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cancelling Subscription Effects

If I cancel my subscription at the end of this month, what will happen to and BOFFs in the free BOFF slots?

Comments

• Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    As far as i can remember you'll lose the EC cap so I'd have safe place to stash anything more 10mil EC someplace safe. You'll lose the 5 additional dry dock slots that gold members get and you'll lose access to tribble server whilst the AoY content is being tested.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    jadz3jadz3 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    You get to keep your EC cap break, and if by free boff slots you mean from a subscription length bonus such as 100 days, 200 days, etc. you'll get to keep those as well. Any inventory slots you got while leveling up while subscribed you'll get to keep as well. Honestly I don't know if you really lose much of anything if you unsub, you'll lose the perks of being subbed like the extra dilithium refinement, the auto dilithium refinement, etc
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Ya that's about all you lose.
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    My experience:

First and foremost, you don't "lose" anything that you may have "over cap", however, you won't be able to "add" anything until you're back under the "silver" cap.

So, with EC and drydock slots, you're "returned" to the 10 mil limit (unless EC cap override purchased for 500 zen) and you're only allotted 5 drydock slots (but if you have 10 ships in the drydocks, they'll stay till you start pulling some out or buy a lot more slots.

Same with the "extra character" - you'll lose the "slot" but not any "built character" that's occupying the slot. Your first "character slot purchase" after the ending of the subscription will only furnish one character slot because the "extra" character automatically occupies a new "free" slot.

Outside of this, everything else is "earned" at the "silver" rates - so if a silver's scheduled to get 6 (not 12) inventory slots at level-up, that's what you'll get (it doesn't "cover" previously earned slots), same with BOff slots, etc.
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]