test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Mission "Bull By The Horns"

Comments

• foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Well. We've progressed. It just..worked. Randomly. I was able to go through the mission right up to the space combat (good job on that by the way, the effects were awesome) but im stuck once again. Destroyed the enemy fleet and the mission will not update to say I have done so.

Welp. Stuck again.
  • jamesymctjamesymct Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Unequipped both phasers and changed instance a couple of times, got me passed the equip rifle bug
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Just tried to sign into TRIBBLE and I'm getting the mismatch 3780MB patch again...

Dang it, there's goes a half hour of waiting.
    <grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • lorien506lorien506 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

jamesymct wrote: »
    Unequipped both phasers and changed instance a couple of times, got me passed the equip rifle bug

But that's the problem, it only works randomly. And I'm still stuck at the point were to rescue the crew :(
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Finally finished. Did not enjoy the bugs! But the mission was cool.
    edited May 2016
    This patch thingy is driving me crazy.
    Every other time I sign in to TRIBBLE I get the bad patch and have to patch twice to get the good one.

Can't wait for Them to get this straightened out!

I also wish the hell They had enabled the DROP mission button.
    Would have been a lot easier to keep trying without having to create a new toon all the time.
    Post edited by daveyny on
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    lorien506 wrote: »
    Yay.. :) - after another update session there are no bugs for me anymore and I was able to play through The Taurean Affair and Shadow of Cestus with different characters. I already posted some screenshots here (you have to scroll down) and will add some more soon..

How did you accomplish that? I'm still stuck at the point where I've to rescue the crewmen.

I switched to another patching proxy and restartet the launcher and then there was another patch download and since then everything just works fine for me.

How do you switch proxies?
    Spock.jpg

• badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    lorien506 wrote: »
    Yay.. :) - after another update session there are no bugs for me anymore and I was able to play through The Taurean Affair and Shadow of Cestus with different characters. I already posted some screenshots here (you have to scroll down) and will add some more soon..

How did you accomplish that? I'm still stuck at the point where I've to rescue the crewmen.

I switched to another patching proxy and restartet the launcher and then there was another patch download and since then everything just works fine for me.

How do you switch proxies?
    Click on options at the top right of the patching screen, under patching and again under game, you'll see a dropdown arrow, usu that to change patching and gameplay proxied
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    Ok guys kinda got tired of waiting for devs to do there job so I messaged pwlaughingtrendy and Administrator too look into things over this issue not being handled properly. Hopefully change happens and we gte the fix we where promised 4 patches ago.

Man, have a bit of patience will ya? They are aware of the issues, they had a patch ready to go and discovered that that patch caused other issues and that needs to be addressed before it goes out. All of that communication happened well into the overnight on Thursday/Friday, and throughout the day on Friday. Today is Saturday. The Dev's got to eat and sleep and spend time with their families too you know?

They're aware of the issue and are working on it. Just relax and play your regular toon until they can get things squared away.

• admiraldunwalladmiraldunwall Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Ok guys kinda got tired of waiting for devs to do there job so I messaged pwlaughingtrendy and Administrator too look into things over this issue not being handled properly. Hopefully change happens and we gte the fix we where promised 4 patches ago.

Man, have a bit of patience will ya? They are aware of the issues, they had a patch ready to go and discovered that that patch caused other issues and that needs to be addressed before it goes out. All of that communication happened well into the overnight on Thursday/Friday, and throughout the day on Friday. Today is Saturday. The Dev's got to eat and sleep and spend time with their families too you know?

They're aware of the issue and are working on it. Just relax and play your regular toon until they can get things squared away.

Thye promised a fix 4 patches ago on this in two days, I have been patient and don't talk to me in a degrading manner.

They didn't actually promise anything. All they said is it would be out. No promises made. If you took that as a promise, well, you've set yourself up for disappointment.

Just wait. I wish that I could play through it and maybe come back with some feedback, but I'll just have to wait until the probable (not promised) patch comes out on Monday.

tumblr_n8bewt4QjC1qm2fu4o2_r1_400.gif
    "Polls are so annoying, let's make a poll to see who agrees!"

Thye promised a fix 4 patches ago on this in two days, I have been patient and don't talk to me in a degrading manner.

If you took that as me degrading you, I apologize. But I stand by my statement that the Dev's can't work 24 hours a day for your pleasure.

I also agree that there's been no promises made. They stated that there's a fix in the works, but that they had problems that were more dire crop up while developing the fix, and that they would need more time. They also apologized for any delays. What more do you want?
    edited May 2016

They didn't actually promise anything. All they said is it would be out. No promises made. If you took that as a promise, well, you've set yourself up for disappointment.

Just wait. I wish that I could play through it and maybe come back with some feedback, but I'll just have to wait until the probable (not promised) patch comes out on Monday.

I'm waiting for the fix but it was kown since Thursday they have had 4 patches since and still no fix.

There has only been One New Tribble Patch (the Thursday May 12th one), what's happening is that there is an old patch that for some reason keeps popping up.

It's the one that ends up with the game telling you that it has been Mismatched. (it's a 3708MB patch)

You have to re-patch to correct it and the Good Patch (which came out Thursday) doesn't have the fixes in it yet you are looking for. (Rifle box problem/Chief problem/Save the Crew problem)

They were going to send out another patch on Friday, but apparently They discovered that it had a major problem and They decided to delay it till some time this coming week.
    B)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    well it's becoming evident that it's not a inventory bug as much as the instances are not resetting
    Spock.jpg

It would have been a lot easier to try to get around the BUGS if They had just enabled the DROP MISSION button.
    But They didn't...

https://youtu.be/xZbKHDPPrrc

B)
  • kaleun1984kaleun1984 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The fugg? Kor has fed consoles on his bridge? (RIGHT behind him on the viewscreen!)

Enterprise, on warp out, has pylons that go vertical? (Like the intrepid?)

Also, the ship warp in when getting to ESD in the tutorial is...buggy. You ship warps in with your character standing atop her, with the ground terrain visible above when the camera swings around. Derp!

EDIT

Then mccoy mentions "thanks for the help on taurus"..when he wasn't there? Eh? He also mentions "have I seen you before?" In reference to previous eps. Which can't have happened due to this being a new toon going through a new tutorial.
    Scotty does the same thing. Strange.

EDIT2

Hell, the whole TOS ent Crew mentions it! Eh? How could they know about it so fast?

EDIT3

Spock is standing in the office before the cutscene, then runs out and runs back in again during the conversation.

Regarding your first edit:
    Bones and Scotty have met you. You have not met them, yet.
    Play the Klingon War Story with a Federation character and you will meet them during your dealings with the devidians (blue ghost aliens).

Regarding your second edit:
    Chekov remembers you from the academy. I don't remeber anyone else mentioning any previous meetings.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Got passed the "Equip the Rifle" bug, now stuck at The Taurean Affair " "Of Sheep and Wolves" ~ "Defeat Klingon Forces" bug, I did but it wont let me pass unless there are 3 ships. :-(
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
    Is it possible to get an update on this please? We're all waiting with baited breath to try out these new missions as what little we've seen so far is awesome!
  • quentinstonequentinstone Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Having "equip the rifle" issues as well, will delete toon and attempt that four-part solution now.
    EDIT
    Tried everything I saw here in the forums, no luck. I guess I will just have to wait a week or two and see how things shake out. Btw, thanks devs for typing your fingers to the bone. I really appreciate you folks, and can't wait to see the finished product.
    Did you know that, regarding the rifle issue, on re-load sometimes the Copernicus itself is missing? Don't know if that helps, but...:)
    Post edited by quentinstone on
    Looks like no update tonight.
    <sadface>
    daveyny wrote: »
    <sadface>

Yeah, I'm a bit bummed about that. Also about the fact that there's been no communication on the issue - at least that I've seen. If anyone has seen anything - on twitter, reddit, etc. - please point the rest of us to it.

-thanks.
  • sauron90805sauron90805 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Phaser rifle issue still here, oh and why does the shuttle phase through the shuttle bay doors? Also NPC weapons are not always appearing, same with tricorder/medical corder scanning animations
    <sadface>

Yeah, I'm a bit bummed about that. Also about the fact that there's been no communication on the issue - at least that I've seen. If anyone has seen anything - on twitter, reddit, etc. - please point the rest of us to it.

-thanks.

This,so very much this. I'm sure you're working hard and typing your fingers down to nubs with the coding you're doing, but, we really could use an official progress update. Please?
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I managed to get past the rifle bug, however I'm not exactly sure how. All I did was log out of the game for a few hours, and that allowed me to get through to the end of the next/first mission without any progression-blocking bugs.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Why is everyone so angry about the bugs?

This is a test server. That's why it exists, so that we can encounter these bugs before the main release.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    <sadface>

-thanks.

cryptic have 2 months to test their content out and at the current rate of one tribble patch a week, 10 to 11 weeks worth of testing for 10-11 patches. i would of thought with how much effort they are putting into this, that it would be taken more seriously on their end. still, it is their game and they can do what they like with it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.