test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Mission "Bull By The Horns"

Comments

• frankcarter1frankcarter1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Any word on when the patch will fix the equip bug. I know they said it was going to take longer but do we know anything else?

Nope.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I loaded up the game and magically I the mission had magically completed on one of my TOS toons, but not the other two I have one for Tac, Sciences, and Eng to test out each. It completed on the Sci toon.

Wish I could say I did something to trigger it, but if I did I don't know what it is.

I mean, I turned off the game and went and took a nap...but I doubt that had any affect.
    Made it as far as the "Defeat the Taurean Chief" portion of the mission, but he won't spawn, so I'm stuck again. Hopefully the patch will come through at some point soon.

Even with all these test issues, I'm really enjoying the aesthetic of the mission and the planet. You guys did a great job at creating the TOS feel. If only you could have gotten some of the original music, that would have put the cherry on top. I'm cheating and running my playlist of TOS soundtracks randomized on Spotify. It really kicks the whole experience up a notch.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    I'm stuck at the Chief now also.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    He's there for a moment when you arrive, but after the cut scene he becomes invisible and untargetable.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    No idea how, but after repeatedly logging in and out, logging out and then logging into other characters, and then logging back into the one character that seems to be able to break through these bugs...I finally was able to get the chief to spawn.

30 seconds later, he's dead, and I'm suposed to rescure some crewmen.

You guessed it...the crewmen refuse to spawn.

The only thing I did differently that may have triggered the progress is create another new character (which of course got stuck on the rifle bug, just like all the other ones did). Out of curiosity, I'm going to attempt to create a new character again, and then log back onto this character, to see if it triggers the crewmen to spawn. Wish me luck.
    So I didn't have any luck with the "create a new character forces advancement of the mission of another" idea. Of course not, that's a ridiculous idea.

I was however, able to get the Taurean chief to respawn by changing instances - every time I changed instances - even though I had completed that part of the mission and my log confirms that. So if you haven't gotten him to spawn yet, maybe try that? I doubt it'll do anything.

No luck on getting the crewman to spawn though.
    Lieutenant's Log entry Supplemental:

"Day 3 on Taurus II. I feel as if I've been caught in some sort of temporal loop, stuck repeating the same actions over and over again with no real results. What's worse, this world appears to be having some unusual effects on my fellow crewmen. Even simple tasks seem impossible. I feel as if it's taken me days to retrieve a rifle from crate. The effect appears to be affecting the scientists we came to rescue as well. They cannot seem to comprehend simple instructions, and seem to dart around like madmen.

We've had sparse communications with the ship, and the captain has assured us that they are doing everything possible to rescue us, but our last contact was hours ago...or was it days...time seems to be losing all meaning here...I feel strange urges. I'm afraid.

I have visions of repeatedly murdering one of the native chiefs who I was told was holding several crewmen hostage, but after I...I kill the chief...EVERY time I kill the chief, there are no crewmen to be found! Once...once I thought I heard a voice pleading for help...but that voice has been silenced. I'm not a religious man...but I feel confident that this planet has been misnamed. This isn't Taurus II. This is planet Hell!"

LOG ENDS.

So I tried everything I can think of to get the crewmen to respawn. but no luck. Calling it a night. Hopefully something will trigger them to show up tomorrow.
  • erastusserastuss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    So I can just keep making characters that go from the gorgeous Star Trek bridge, listening the to fantastic Star Trek sounds beam to the planet surface to find wonderful old timey Star Trek plots only to get to "phaser rifle' where my world ends. And do it all over again.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    got past the phaser equip, now the chief doesn't appear.
  • erastusserastuss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Three characters all have the "rifle equip bug". I tried everything suggested and some ideas of my own with no success. I cannot test until this bug is fixed.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Yup the mission is basically borked. nothing to do but wait til the next patch, shame really, I was enjoying the new mission
    They were working on a patch, but apparently they ran into an error as well. Here's hoping we get the patch today. I've made upwards of 30 characters now, and still can't get past the bug.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    go the chief to appear after logging 6 times and map changes galore, but now the crew doesn't appear.
    edited May 2016
    How'd you get past the rifle bug?

EDIT: Also, STO Devs, can we please get this patched so it isn't a problem anymore? I'm sure the rest of the TOS stuff is amazing but, sadly, I can't tell you that. The damn rifle is illusive. Starfleet need to up their training!
  • barnhousej76pwbarnhousej76pw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same problem with equipping rifle
  • catsmeatcatsmeat Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    same same - rifle wont register as equipped

WORKAROUND

I used change characters to leave the mission and return. making sure my inventory was empty before leaving. Upon returning to mission I dragged and dropped the rifle to equip it. After four tries it registered. Hope this will work for others.
    Post edited by catsmeat on
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Well, one of my characters now has the chief not spawn. The other 2 are still stuck no phaser.
  • hrolfkrakiihrolfkrakii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Nothing worked for me till this morning when I logged into my TOS character then exited the game. I then logged into a transferred character from Holodeck and again exited the game. I finally logged back into my TOS character and immediately was rewarded with the mission progression sound and completed this frustrating mission. Not sure if this will work for anyone one else. I did enjoy the look and feel of this new expansion. Good luck all.
  • misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I wish i came here 1st rather than downloading a bugged 6gb patch to Tribble. Oh well any ideas i had of peaking at the content to get a feel for an expansion i'm not feeling has just ended any interest i had. Holodeck launch it is.

Test server or not i will ask the QC Department to please step up their game as little quirks and bugs like this on the console market will kill the game before it takes off. Quality of product is paramount to the success of those platforms and with far more titles available on the console market, game breaking bug like this will turn players off fast.
  • crysystemscrysystems Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Come on patch aready, I NEED to play classic trek
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I love this expansion's visuals so far even though the phaser rifle equip bug is a pain. :(

I guess the entire TOS era stuff will have Voice Acting throughout the entire expansion. Which will be awesome when its implemented. :smile:
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • lorien506lorien506 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Anyone any suggestions how to rescue the crewman after defeating the chief when the crewman isn't vissible?
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    Yay.. :) - after another update session there are no bugs for me anymore and I was able to play through The Taurean Affair and Shadow of Cestus with different characters. I already posted some screenshots here (you have to scroll down) and will add some more soon..
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    I wish i came here 1st rather than downloading a bugged 6gb patch to Tribble. Oh well any ideas i had of peaking at the content to get a feel for an expansion i'm not feeling has just ended any interest i had. Holodeck launch it is.

Test server or not i will ask the QC Department to please step up their game as little quirks and bugs like this on the console market will kill the game before it takes off. Quality of product is paramount to the success of those platforms and with far more titles available on the console market, game breaking bug like this will turn players off fast.

There are things that don't break with just a handful of QA testers that are playing the game in an environment with fewer variables than you get when you have 100's or 1000's of people playing the game. This is the reason for a Test Server.

Don't get upset with Cryptic because you set your expectations wrong. You don't come to Tribble (or any Test Server) and expect the game to work. You expect it NOT to work. And you contribute to making it work, so that when times comes for that "Holodeck Launch" you're so looking forward to, it goes as smoothly as possible.

• lorien506lorien506 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Yay.. :) - after another update session there are no bugs for me anymore and I was able to play through The Taurean Affair and Shadow of Cestus with different characters. I already posted some screenshots here (you have to scroll down) and will add some more soon..

How did you accomplish that? I'm still stuck at the point where I've to rescue the crewmen.

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    lorien506 wrote: »

How did you accomplish that? I'm still stuck at the point where I've to rescue the crewmen.

I switched to another patching proxy and restartet the launcher and then there was another patch download and since then everything just works fine for me.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I managed to get through the missions last night after a couple map transfer CTDs, and then in messing around trying to find things to do, I transwarped off the TOS map into the regular map using nothing but my bare wit and guile. (Actually, I opened the Hearts and Minds event and transwarped to it.) Going back in to create a new toon, as the one I ran last night is now stuck in space, without the ability to enter any systems. (As a side note, I suspect the inability to enter systems, even Sol, is intentional, but if not, there's another bug...)

ETA: Gah!! Version Mismatch after another patch...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock