test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Mission "Bull By The Horns"

macaviusmacavius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
When you get to the phase that it requests you to equip a phaser rifle, I have done all the possible ways to move the rifle from inventory to the weapon slot and the mission is not progressing.

Comments

• shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    I'm in the same boat and relogging doesn't seem to help, either. With no way to skip or drop the mission this is pretty much a game-breaking bug within the first ten minutes of play.
  • ravenofborgravenofborg Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Same issue. Nothing new to add. Just +1ing
  • graysockgraysock Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    yep mission node doesn't trigger.
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    I have the same issue.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • eaganjeaganj Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here. On the other hand, the visuals and sfx are great!
  • gralerongraleron Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Same here. Human Tactical officer. Deleted character and remade, same thing.

First time, I equipped it during the "Distribute phasers" step, figured it bugged out because of that. After remaking the character, I waited until the "Equip phaser" step, but it still didn't progress.

I've remade the character again, as I'm going to try equipping it as per the tutorial tooltip instructions, but I've not been able to test it yet due to disconnections.
    Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Hard Light
  • lexxie1983lexxie1983 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    same here.
    n8eym7c.jpg

click for bigger image
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Same here
    macavius wrote: »
    When you get to the phase that it requests you to equip a phaser rifle, I have done all the possible ways to move the rifle from inventory to the weapon slot and the mission is not progressing.

Also why does the Doc Muller have something newer looking?
    2016-05-12_18-35-16_zpsgtjerefw.jpg

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    Sa problem here also kinda a deal breaker for players to try the mission then a bug. Quick way to lose customers and potential profit.

This is a test server. This is why we're here.
  • tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Has anyone figured out a workaround?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I rerolled, then made sure my pistol was unequipped first before approaching the rifle. Once I did that, I picked it up then did a drag and drop on the rifle from inv to my slot. That worked.

IT seems to be 50/50 however. Some are working, some not.
    I need a beer.

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The fugg? Kor has fed consoles on his bridge? (RIGHT behind him on the viewscreen!)

Enterprise, on warp out, has pylons that go vertical? (Like the intrepid?)

Also, the ship warp in when getting to ESD in the tutorial is...buggy. You ship warps in with your character standing atop her, with the ground terrain visible above when the camera swings around. Derp!

EDIT

Then mccoy mentions "thanks for the help on taurus"..when he wasn't there? Eh? He also mentions "have I seen you before?" In reference to previous eps. Which can't have happened due to this being a new toon going through a new tutorial.
    Scotty does the same thing. Strange.

EDIT2

Hell, the whole TOS ent Crew mentions it! Eh? How could they know about it so fast?

EDIT3

Spock is standing in the office before the cutscene, then runs out and runs back in again during the conversation.
    I need a beer.

• zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I have the same bug, equipping rifle not moving Bull by the Horns mission progress forward
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    Tribble is patching again, maybe that will fix some of the bugs?
  • lazygizmolazygizmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    i too am stuck at equip phaser rifle :( tried relogging and now i get a 4936MB patch
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Stuck on the phaser rifle bug myself. Tried to create another character.

Tried to unequip the phaser pistol first, then equip the rifle. Tried every variation I could think of, and it still would not complete the objective.

Also, unable to report a bug in game.
  • ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Same - Stuck on the phaser rifle bug myself. Tried to create another character.

Tried to unequip the phaser pistol first, then equip the rifle. Tried every variation I could think of, and it still would not complete the objective.
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Work around found for the Bull By The Horns, you must have the Type 2 Phaser in your inventory before equipping the rifle with the Type 3 being equipped into your main slot. This also must be done before equipping it. If you equip it before doing this, you will need to start over.
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    spielman1 wrote: »
    Work around found for the Bull By The Horns, you must have the Type 2 Phaser in your inventory before equipping the rifle with the Type 3 being equipped into your main slot. This also must be done before equipping it. If you equip it before doing this, you will need to start over.

what you made it kind of hard to understand

That hasn't worked for me on any of the four times I've created new characters to attempt to see if that bypasses this bug.

• kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    just bumping this as I have had the same bug, and I have tried all the workarounds and none of them worked
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Having the same problems ....
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry about the late response; the issue with equipping the rifle should be fixed in the next Tribble patch.