test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

giveaway/contest question

I followed the links for the giveaway/contest with the tribble and the minis. They wouldn't give me the code unless I had a Facebook account, which I don't want to have. Is there another way to get the code, or am I ineligible? Or, could a friend get the code for me?

Comments

• daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    ... could a friend get the code for me?

Yes.​​
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    This is my question too... thanks, person above me. I might just hijack someone's FB to get the code.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Hey - they need something from sponsoring the event....

I just created the account, got the code, and writen account data somewhere (if ever need it in future) ... and then simple "forgot" it...
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Also note that you'll have to give their app access to your account. You may not even notice this if you've already enabled the app system in Facebook. God knows what info they'll leech from your account and what they'll do with it.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for info - as i'm new to FB, i don't completly understand this, but i just turned off app access completly (i hope)...

The Tribble was everything, that i wanted from this, and the account was fresh, so there should not be any information to leech from my account (maybe that i'm male, and how old i am, i even do not use my real name on internet accounts like this).
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Just use a blank account and delete it afterwards pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    I'm using a blanks account, but not deleting it - i may need it in future for next events like this one...
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I'm using a blanks account, but not deleting it - i may need it in future for next events like this one...

In this day and age of data mining and such, that is a very wise idea
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!