test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Create A Bridge Officer?

rinksrinks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I've come back to the game after a long time of being gone. If I can remember, there was a way to create your own bridge officers from scratch, sort of like how you can create your own Captain's. Now the only thing I can seem to change is the clothing on the Bridge Officers. Am I missing something or is creating your own BO's no longer possible? I could be mistaken because I have been out of the game for a very long time.

Comments

• daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    you should have the option to go into body, head etc at the bottom by uniform
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    you should have the option to go into body, head etc at the bottom by uniform

This. ^^^^^

However, you will be locked into certain limitations based on what species that BOff is. If you want to create crazy/wacky things, use alien BOffs, as they have very few limitations.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • rinksrinks Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ah I see! I was used to being able to create your own once they were awarded. I will just have to purchase Boffs in the species I want and then make edits from there. I never had a reason to make uniform changes before since the old STO changed your appearance based on what armor you equipped.

Thanks for the help.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    You can also buy Alien boffs and give them the ears, antennae, etc. to match your chosen species.
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    rinks wrote: »
    Ah I see! I was used to being able to create your own once they were awarded. I will just have to purchase Boffs in the species I want and then make edits from there. I never had a reason to make uniform changes before since the old STO changed your appearance based on what armor you equipped.

Thanks for the help.

I've been here since beta, you've always had to choose boffs in the species you want them to be; unless you use an alien boff, which will always remain a generic alien in it's info but can appear to be a specific species. That was actually something I remember complaining about before launch because I was under the impression we would have more control over our boffs' traits and species in the way we do with captains. I'm also 99% certain that the option to hide armour has always been there, at least until they moved all the old armour pieces to the tailor.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I hope TOS characters will have access to aliengen, since race options are going to be very limited otherwise.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thekodanarmada#7342 thekodanarmada Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    I am hoping to be able to create brainless Vulcan BOFFs in the TOS expansion.
    DInb0Vo.gif[/url][/center]