test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reputation "Elite Marks" need to go.

dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Reputation System
Can we do away with the various 'elite marks' we get from >normal STFs? They are just a needless complication that take up inventory space. They are worth 100 marks, so just bump the base payout of Advanced/Elite by 100/200 marks. Plus this will let all the people who want Rep gear but aren't up for Advanced/Elite get Rep gear w/o having to do them. It will just take longer.

Also, since many of the events in STO reward many 'choose your marks' rewards that would be another avenue to let players get Rep gear on STFs that no one plays anymore. If someone wanted gear from a previous season's bad guys, they'd have to wait a long time for a queue to pop for normal, let alone on Advanced or Elite.

If you think about it, the elite marks are totally unnecessary with how STFs are rewarded and because the option to trade marks for elite marks.

Comments

• Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    People who aren't up for Advanced/Elite queues can already get all the Reputation gear without doing them.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    I think a big help getting marks would be to have a new rep Project which transforms stuff like Borg Neural Processors into Reputation marks too I know a Dilith version of this already exists. But would be nice to have the choice to turn them into Marks or Dilith. Has it is now it's simple to get all the things Like Iconian Probes, Ancient Power cells. etc.
    But marks are being more of a pain to get to complete sets these days with how little marks are awarded on things like Battlezones & PvE's ques. I think Breach event showed us this fact with how many were doing it even after they had done the rep projects as the marks being awarded on normal for completing it was like 120 of ur choice & over 200 for elite. No other PvE at time was offering even close to the normal marks it was.

Would be nice to have that option too to turn Borg Neural Processor's, Voth Cybernetic Implant's, Ancient Power Cell's, Isomorphic Injections, Iconian Probe's & Terran Gravametric inducers into actual marks too.
  • Options
    zecou#3376 zecou Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I've been banging my head wondering why there wasn't an option to have a x5 or x10 dil turn in for elite marks like they've added to the regular ones. I'm literally swimming in a sea of elite marks, it's just silly not to have a way for us to spend them without hours of click, wait, collect, repeatx100.
  • Options
    molvaniamolvania Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    At the risk of sounding cynical, the reason for having elite marks take up inventory space is to make you buy more inventory space.
  • Options
    quammenquammen Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Maybe we could get fleet or reputation dilithium vouchers for all those elite marks? Or the option to get crafting mats for it. My main has all the unrefined dilithium I could want, so there is no incentive to use those marks at all.