test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sitting down

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
Small point, I know, but the characters don't seem able to sit down i.e. on the captain's chair. There's a few different emotes, but the character just sits on the floor, halfway through the floor...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There is a command specifically for sitting in a captain's chair. If you type "/emote sit" it should give you auto-complete options and it's in there somewhere, because I can't remember it off hand at the moment :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Stand on the seat and face out, then /emote sit.

Then it will look right
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Stand on the seat and face out. Back up until your feet drop into the chair (instead of hovering over it), then use the sit captain emote.

The first time or two I tried I found my character hovering over the chair. When I used the above method, it worked just fine. The key is, if the captain looks like he's standing in the air over the chair, he'll sit that way too. Make sure to position him so that his feet make contact with the chair.
  • Options
    wings10wings10 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2016
    As I can't post my own topic.

Getting this message: (Please note that, for a short period of time after account creation, posting new threads is disabled. You will still, however, be able to post replies on already-existing threads as you like. After this probationary period, you'll be able to create threads as normal. Thank you!)

As this is the closest thing to my own problem, I am posting this here. I am getting trouble with my bridge officers. I have Bridge officers sitting halfway through the bridge hull on the floor, sitting like they're in a chair, but through the floor, or sitting somewhat off of their chairs. In some cases they don't even appear to be sitting ON a portion of the chair. One of my officers appears to be to short to touch a console too.

(This would be easier if I could post screenshots, this issue has been happening through two Maintenance Cycles.)
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    there isnt much you can do about that beyond alert it as a bug. I have a shorty character that has to jump to get the button for exchange or other such vendors/consoles because its not enabled as his height.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Not to mention the secret little holes in the social maps where you can run around at the very bottom of the maps. From time to time i'll go fill that bottom half with balloons and I will tell the devs exactly what I am doing and they dismiss it like its impossible and then they can't figure out why they are having the problems related to that. So they are aware of these problems but an attempt to fix it is just not going to ever happen.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    The issue with BO's sitting half buried in the floor is an OLD one (as in ancient... going back to the days when we all had to sit around playing STO by candle light). It's more common with the free bridges than with the store bought ones. However it even happens there as well. I remember one Fed bridge where the BO sitting in the Exec's place was always half buried in the deck. Only visible from the waist up. I always wished I could go to the deck below just to see their little feet sticking down out of the ceiling :D
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also it's semi-random. The issue is that the game is spawning NPCs and not just parts of geometry. there is a certain amount of uncertainty as to the exact location where the NPC will end up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg