Install Arc

New ARC site for STO has new pics!

jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Wow! That is fancy!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I also like the starbase. Let's me hope the STO-verse will really be a little pocket universe full of TOS authenticity pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Yeah, and interestingly it's his later movie appearance. TWOK-era missions to come ? Noticed some of the TOS era locations and some of the races and ships from that era on the page too.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    Yeah, and interestingly it's his later movie appearance. TWOK-era missions to come ? Noticed some of the TOS era locations and some of the races and ships from that era on the page too.

Wow, totally missed that - the Pioneer class looks interesting. I wonder where it fits in.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    jaturnley wrote: »

Wow, totally missed that - the Pioneer class looks interesting. I wonder where it fits in.

Judging by the info, it appears to be a T1 ship and therefore an alternative to the constitution class.

Oh, right - it's definitely a T1, didn't see the stats on the right.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Also, playable TOS Gorn confirmed. :D (Click on the Gorn under the playable species, and a TOS Gorn pops up!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Judging by the info, it appears to be a T1 ship and therefore an alternative to the constitution class.

Yes, but the Ranger class is a T5. It's not an 'end game Connie,' but honestly.. it's close.

If I were one of the people dying for an end game TOS ship, I would be all over the Ranger. I wonder if they'll make the ships available for individual purchase?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User

My guess is, it's the freebie starter ship for TOS characters.

Yes, but the Ranger class is a T5. It's not an 'end game Connie,' but honestly.. it's close.

If I were one of the people dying for an end game TOS ship, I would be all over the Ranger. If it becomes available as a single purchase (I don't want the pack) I might take a look at it.

Also, on Twitter, the EP confirmed that we'll be able to use early-tier TOS ship costumes on the T6 temporal ships (so, for example, you can use the T4 Temporal Cruiser costume on the T6 Temporal Cruiser). So there we go: T6 TOS ships. :D Still no T6 Connie, but I'll take it.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    please let scotty's uniform be available to us :O
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    neos472 wrote: »
    please let scotty's uniform be available to us :O

I want that vest too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Fighting Taurean Giants? Im all in.....Now wheres my sword?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    Maybe because it's the Mobile version, but that page gives me nothing about TOS. *sad face*
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    As a person who has a soft spot for art & characters.. that Scotty rework... spot on. Love it. :smiley:
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    *wizhes he could see it on his phone...*
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Maybe I just never noticed it before, but that Gorn skin is new too, right? That one is perfect too.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Maybe I just never noticed it before, but that Gorn skin is new too, right? That one is perfect too.

Yep, was different before! :3
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    nice find!
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Damn, I want that Scotty vest outfit. That looks nice.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I also note seeing Worf in a Starfleet uniform, I don't believe he wears one in any of the existing missions.

A Holographic Worf wore the TNG season 1 uniform during the TNG anniversary. And if you guys notice, Nog's wearing a 2370s Uniform in that set.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Yes, finally a real canonical Gorn pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    OMG the Pioneer and Ranger Class are so ugly, my eyes....
    I really hope the Engineering hull of both ships can be put more to the rear. Why do they have to put every design up to 11?

Scotty looks really, really good IMO.

Command a Federation Starship, Klingon Bird-of-Prey or Romulan Warbird! You are the captain, and you make the decisions.

Outfit your ship with the equipment you need and customize it as you see fit. Recruit, train and mold your crew into an elite force for exploration and combat. Call on your bridge officers to help you in battle, reroute power to shield or weapons and line up your enemy for a devastating broadside or focused cannon barrage.

Explore dozens of strange new worlds. Beam down to planets with your bridge officers or friends for face-to-face confrontations with the enemy. Or team up for elite excursions that only the most skilled of captains can complete. Engage Shooter Mode for directed targeting, or flank your enemy to do more damage. Missions in Star Trek Online will take your captain to planets, starbases, inside starships and beyond!
    They have a very "unique" view at star trek, if they think that's what Star Trek is about. LOL.

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
    edited May 2016
    yreodred wrote: »
    (...)They have a very "unique" view at star trek, if they think that's what Star Trek is about. LOL.

It would be a nice start if we could do that pig-2.gif It reads far more exciting than the actual game - explore dozens of strange new worlds, for example, only holds true if you count simply entering a map qualifies as exploration.

EDIT: To clarify, that's not hate speech. I just make fun of ad texts in general, regardless of the game. Even my favourite games don't go all that well with the text on the box pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Yes i saw the stuff in that link as soon as it was announced a few days back.

The ranger isnt as ugly as the flying pizza cutter.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I also like the starbase. Let's me hope the STO-verse will really be a little pocket universe full of TOS authenticity pig-1.gif​​
    That'd be really cool.
    But i think the chances are more than slim...

The more i read and think about it, makes me belive TOS characters will be "just" time travellers (maybe from TSO era), getting recruted to time police from the 29th century. In that case all TOS elements will simply be the characters origin or maybe his/her legend (in terms of espionage).
    That would also explain that TOS era ships could be on par with 25th century ships, since their appearance would be just some sort of camouflage...
    But that would really suck imo, lol. Let's hope they won't take that direction.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    First up, I really dig the look of the Pioneer.
    yreodred wrote: »
    That would also explain that TOS era ships could be on par with 25th century ships, since their appearance would be just some sort of camouflage...

That's a speculation that I feel falls very much in line with where the storyline is going. It's really one of the most reasonable ways for old ship "skins" to work in the current end-game. It falls in line with already established stuff in STO (holoprojectors and the like) and it's just not that big a stretch.

Remember Kal Dano's shuttle is where this is all headed anyways. Tiny tiny shuttle, massive ship capability. So a 29th century timecop pizza cutter looking ship with the camo of a Daedalus? One of the more reasonable ways I think that that even works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    First thought when I saw the Ranger class when I saw the top was the NX class ship.

As for that gorn, so wanting to create a gorn character. Surprisingly I never made a Klingnon character in the KDF and only mad a Gorn character.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    My KDF character is a Nausicaan. His first officer is a Gorn. I never put the new models on his First Officer. He's still old school TOS style Gorn.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Why wouls TOS Gorn work for the KDF, also why would nobody notice the ridge head version of a klingon in TOS era klingons new they existed but I'm not sure who else did. Although admitedly the klingon could be from a later era, I still stod by my Gorn statement.

Maybe they are going for another alternate reality thing, or maybe these are just teasers.
  • seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing, great pics.

Really digging the classic locations like Taurus II.

And having Scotty back, that is awesome. I wonder though if Chris Doohan will also do some lines for Scotty's appearance in the Devidian arc.

And of course there's him wearing his outfit from the TMP era movies. Maybe my dreams of an endgame Miranda aren't quite as dead and buried as I thought...
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"