test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lol space wheelbarrow!

13»

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    One thing I'll throw out there is that Salami Inferno revealed (on twitter) that these T6 ships can use the parts of their lower tier, TOS era, analogs. This ship may not be the ugliest thing in the game but I suspect that with a little creativity you may be able to create it with certain parts from the Daedalus class too. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Are those ships from the future Federation?
    Well, Galactic Union, but yeah, sort of.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well coming from a Scryer captain I think it looks quite nice. I'd probably change those nacelles as I'm just not a fan of the big chunky 25th century ones we get now (looking at you Tempest). And if you can mix it with the TOS variant it could be interesting. I'd also hope it can use parts of the Research Science Vessel as well as its clearly an updated version of the Olympic etc.
    At the end of the day though it's a T6 version of a ship I never thought would get any more attention (Olympic) and for that alone I'm very grateful.
    SulMatuul.png
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Ensign : Dahar Master, the U.S.S. Pizza Hut is hailing us.

Me : All engine to full reverse, we get it for free if we have to wait longer then 30 light years. <--- ( really bad Gorn accent )

A light year is a unit of distance, not of time.
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    I am still undecided wether I like this particular design or not. I wonder if the saucer section spins.
  • captxpendablecaptxpendable Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    As someone who grew to like my flying microphone, I don't think it looks too bad. It's mainly the nacelles that are the problem and I might consider it if there are a some better looking options available.
    "Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie" - The Doctor

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" -
    Agatha Heterodyne
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    To me, it looks like a Light Cycle from Tron only with Nacelles.

It's not the best design I have ever seen, but I still like it better then the Eclipse. The Eclipse with it's intended Nacelles is, in my opinion, still by far the ugliest ship design in STO.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    @seaofsorrows I agree with you. The eclipse is the ugliest ship in the game.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    @steaen
    So is a parsec, but that didn't stop Han from bragging about it
    :mrgreen:

But it should be noted that the kessel run was a smugglers corridor litered with asteroid fields and other dangerous anomolies.
    Due to this, many course corrections had to be made by dropping in and out of hyperspace where needed.
    The best smugglers would pride themselves on who made the fewest course corrections, and how much distance they could cut off the journey by taking riskier routes.
    Hence why Solo used the parsec distance as a point of pride.

The more you know. :mrgreen:

Solo would've made an excellent space pizza delivery guy. Always there within 30 light years.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    If the saucer section can rotate up or down, then I'm buying it.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    People have never been big on that style of ship. Personaly its fine by me.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I enjoy piloting the Scryer and the Eclipse and their appearance very much, but I would never buy this because the design doesn't do it for me.

Knowing it was inspired/limited by the Daedalus doesn't change it.

At least it was an attempt at an unconventional design, and someone out there might like it perhaps as much as I liked the intels, so I'll give it credit for that.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    Ensign : Dahar Master, the U.S.S. Pizza Hut is hailing us.

Me : All engine to full reverse, we get it for free if we have to wait longer then 30 light years. <--- ( really bad Gorn accent )

A light year is a unit of distance, not of time.

And a pizza is a baked delicacy not a starship. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • makburemakbure Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    Needs more black paint and skulls. Space Trike! On it's way to Galactic Sturgis!
    -Makbure
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    It looks like a pizza slicer to me O.o

WzcmsiF26ekTKoi8B5Aij6VF.jpeg
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    ugliest ship? maybe worht getting then? Just think about the face of our enemy when he gets killed by such an ugly ship :pensive:
    It's like be run over by a fiat multipla
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    LOL, that's a good idea.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Maybe centrifugal force?

See scene in 2001: A Space Odyssey where Dave Bowman runs around the wheel.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • therealtedtherealted Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    hypl wrote: »
    Federation_Research_Science_Vessel_%28Hope%29.png

We already had a wheel barrow ship, though not as thin I guess... :p

Aww, now I miss my Science Tadpole of Doom... :s
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    hawku001x wrote: »
    We shouldn't discriminate against saucer sections which are different. Let's not become saucerist.

#AllSaucersAreBeautiful

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We shouldn't discriminate against saucer sections which are different. Let's not become saucerist.

#AllSaucersAreBeautiful

Possibly, but a big part of the aesthetic issue for me with that thing is that it doesn't HAVE a saucer - you try balancing a cup of tea on something that shape and see how far you get. ;)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    steaen wrote: »
    tacofangs wrote: »

#AllSaucersAreBeautiful

Possibly, but a big part of the aesthetic issue for me with that thing is that it doesn't HAVE a saucer - you try balancing a cup of tea on something that shape and see how far you get. ;)

So you're saying because you can't put a cup of tea on it it's not a real saucer? Now if that isn't saucerist, I don't know.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.