test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    vQTD03D.pngDE7lsR2.pnghG7UctY.png​​
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So 'TOS and Federation' character unlocks for even the titles?

Do you mean Alliance for the second part, or typo?
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • jasecurtisjasecurtis Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Not the biggest TOS fan, particularly of the aesthetics. That being said, the new direction is intriguing and I'm interested in how it'll affect our current 25th Century characters. Interested in the stats for the T6 ships as well. The Paladin and Sagittarius are rather tasty looking.
    qGPf6Iq.jpg?1
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    I really do need more information before I could pass judgement on this, but at the moment I'm sad to say that it's smells awfully lot like a swing and miss to me. I mean - this is the perfect opportunity to bring end-game TOS models and yet it seems all of these lovely retro designs will be stuck on leveling tiers. The storyline and TOS environment will undoubtedly be amazing to play in, but talk about a huge miss. I can play with those new TOS ships for like what....1 to 3 hours tops before I 'outgrow' them? That really is disappointing.

If I could take at least one of those TOS designs to full end-game capacity, you'd have sold me the big pack instantly and probably got me to play the game more than once in a blue moon again. As it stands, it's more of a game of wait and see, but given the seemingly already determined tiers, I'm not having my hopes up.
    I mean, the new 'modern' ships look really good and the Paladin Class might just be the modern NX lineage I was looking for, but I can just get that one later for my existing characters. The whole point was TOS, and fans having a huge desire to play with TOS ships (especially the Constitution :p ). If only I could have a T6 Ranger... *sigh*
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Um, question. If I already own some of the uniform options in this pack, like the TOS mirror uniform, can I still purchase it?

Yes, you can. You won't be compensated for already having them, however.
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Of course you guys put in the one thing I have been begging for since beta...after I can't play because you discontinued the MAC version

@khan5000 Im playing on MAC. There are ways around it. I have to say, the playonmac app I am using now is working perfectly. It more stable then the previous official cider app and I can play with decent graphic quality on my old mac, at least for me.

@thestargaze PlayonMac app? Linky?
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • mccloudstarmccloudstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My biggest question is what races we would be able to have as our captain or bridge officers? Human, Andorian, and Vulcan make sense. Trill and Ferengi do not.

I also wonder if any of the C-store races would be available. Sense and Caitain would certainly make sense.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Of course you guys put in the one thing I have been begging for since beta...after I can't play because you discontinued the MAC version

@khan5000 Im playing on MAC. There are ways around it. I have to say, the playonmac app I am using now is working perfectly. It more stable then the previous official cider app and I can play with decent graphic quality on my old mac, at least for me.

@thestargaze PlayonMac app? Linky?

1. Mark text "playonmac" from browser.
    2. Hit context menu and select "Search" to send text to Google.
    3. https://www.google.com/search?q=PlayonMac&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Just sharing some info-crunchies

edit: oh okay the tweet link is enough and it is displayed properly after a page refresh ^^
    spent a few minutes looking for some bbcode magic but looks like it wasn't needed XD
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    Oh this takes the biscuit. I start a TOS themed Foundry Series and then STO announce this.

I have never felt ambivalence in such quantity...

...my only recorse now is too ensure that I have storys that compete in quality.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »

I find that very funny since the Constitution class is excluded...for obvious reasons. :D

• seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Skip to 7:20, nuff said:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-kcOpyM9cBg
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    Definitely need more info, but I'm provisionally wowed by the announcements. I did not expect them to roll out a TOS era story arc.

I'm interested in the T6 Temporal ships for sure, as well as the Temporal Operative specialization for bridge officers. I will definitely want to participate in the the Temporal Initiative Resistance Reputation.

I'm assuming for the moment that the Temporal Agent Recruitment system has different rewards than the Delta Recruit system had but likewise has some benefits for all characters on the account.

I'm a little less geeked about revisiting the TOS era as some others are, and not very interested in the TOS ships, but willing to reserve any opinion until I hear how it hooks into the Temporal War storyline.

They need to publish the ship stats and talk about the temporal ship mechanic before I make the decision to drop the money on either pack.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    There isn’t a better way to continue to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek: The Original Series than by creating a Starfleet captain and engaging in some amazing adventures in that classic period.

Gonna disagree with you here, Mr. Ricossa. You know what would be an even better way to celebrate the 50th Anniversary?

Including TOS-era Romulans and TOS-era Klingons as playable captains in that classic period.​​

Agreed, and I think there's a PVP angle here to exploit. In that era it was very much a shoot'em up show, you didn't have as many if any cheesy tactics that we have now. I say this is an opportunity here to bring back PVP, all these factions were at war back then too.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    umbergrey wrote: »
    Has no one on this board been through an expansion before? New Story till about level 20 give or take, then you get folded in to the main story. This is not rocket science.

There's a T5 TOS ship, so the content will get you up to at least level 40. Even given one mission per level, that's 40 new ones (likely some are patrols, but still). That's not counting the 2410 cross faction arc that comes at the same time.

Well first the TOS ships in the pack are "temporal" versions so there is no guarantee they are for the new TOS character; but back for the poster you replied to; its a TOS character bit difficult to fold them in ...
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Um, question. If I already own some of the uniform options in this pack, like the TOS mirror uniform, can I still purchase it?

Yes, you can. You won't be compensated for already having them, however.

For sure ? Because previous packs having parts of it prevented being able to use the pack entirely.

• joeblastoisejoeblastoise Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The designs of the T6 temporal ships are interesting. I like how they seem to be heading towards the design of the Enterprise J, especially the Sagittarius and Paladin Classes. I'm looking forward (or should that be back) to this expansion.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    shpoks wrote: »
    If I could take at least one of those TOS designs to full end-game capacity, you'd have sold me the big pack instantly and probably got me to play the game more than once in a blue moon again.

It looks like you MIGHT be able to take one of the "new" ships to end-game capacity. the T5 Temporal Battlecruiser Ranger Class is, well, T5. So it might be able to be upgraded to T5-U. I'm holding out hope it can be.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Are we going to have to look forward to this as you trying to forcibly overshadow our main characters? I am sick of making characters that I will have no use for later. Can we expect future content that will keep us forcibly focused on this "TOS" character in order to keep it "competitive"? Are we to expect that this will be as you say, "a new iteration of the popular Delta Recruitment system that released a year ago", and be meaningless after? If it is, then whatever. I will make the character, earn the account rewards and never look at it again.
    edited May 2016
    paspinall wrote: »
    For sure ? Because previous packs having parts of it prevented being able to use the pack entirely.

Yep I remember the ENT pack giveaway not too long ago for example.

People, who already had the NX-Enterprise as an active ship, couldn't claim it.

BUT!

After discharging the NX they were able to get it without any problems.

It doesn't matter if you already "have it on your shelf" in the zen store. What matters is that your character has to be "clean" of the ships contained in the pack for you to actually claim it.

^guesstimating -- not sure how it'll work in this case
    -
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    So excited!!!! Can imagine RP people creating a character that is their 25th time period ancestor in some way. The ships look cool also. Nice to see ships from the 23 time period as in the Original Series I don't remember seeing any others beside the Constitution class From what I remember.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    glenn#1579 wrote: »
    Whilst there are a minority of players who must have every shiny new toy, I would be very curious to see just how many will be willing to pay $130 for an expansion pack.
    a lot actually... and some even purchased the pack before it was officially announced... and this is old news too.. the LoR and DR packs are the same value....
    I miss my forum titles. :/:p
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I am guessing the reason the pack is so FED Centric is that they think the KDF/Rom's dont need any ships. The faction ships were so old and dated anyway that they still fit the era. Slightly disappointed that the pack includes stuff which is already in the game though such as TOS mirror uniforms, Command Tunics and the connie itself. Only thing they forgot was to include the Interiors from the TOS Bundle many of us already have so maybe they will add those to the pack later as a 'special bonus' like they did with Legacy of Romulus.
    Pretty sure the interior comes with the Connie.
    lnblade wrote: »
    Geeze Cryptic, you couldn't have thrown in a couple of KDF and Romulan sci ships? Sigh, whatever.
    Apparently they did, but only at T6. :p
    hypl wrote: »
    Let's not forget the Saladin class! A nice T1 ship for sure!

And these? Will they be featured too? They were briefly in TAS I believe.
    Saladin is hideous.

The second one is this: 640?cb=20080927202711&path-prefix=en
    It's a cargo ship with terrible maneuvering and pitiful weapons. I could totally see it as a doffpack promo like the SCS and that other freighter.
    I like those other temporal ships. The Eternal class in particular sort of looks like it has Voth design influence, reminds me of the Palisade.

I hope these won't be pack-exclusive.​​
    The LoR and Delta pack ships weren't.

Anyways, I have two main questions:
    What will the AoY characters do after they get leveled? Obviously they will be somehow worked into the fleet system. But will they be automatically tied to Feds?

Who can fly the various ships? The T1 to 5 ships I can't see Roms or KDF using, but the T6 ones? maybe.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • profowlprofowl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Oh this takes the biscuit. I start a TOS themed Foundry Series and then STO announce this.

I have never felt ambivalence in such quantity...

...my only recorse now is too ensure that I have storys that compete in quality.

I don't think that'll be too hard. Avoid shoehorning the original enterprise crew into every quest regardless of whether or not their presence makes sense and you're halfway there in my book.
    J.J. Abrams- Suckering people into loving moronic stories by excessive use of shiny things since 1998.

His best film - "Gone Fishin'"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    megawolf0 wrote: »
    So excited!!!! Can imagine RP people creating a character that is their 25th time period ancestor in some way. The ships look cool also. Nice to see ships from the 23 time period as in the Original Series I don't remember seeing any others beside the Constitution class From what I remember.
    Actually, one of my characters IS a TOS Romulan. :p The story I used is that she got lost in deep space exploring an unstable wormhole and got assimilated that way. this was mainly used as an excuse for why she wears the TOS outfit. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    megawolf0 wrote: »
    Actually, one of my characters IS a TOS Romulan. :p The story I used is that she got lost in deep space exploring an unstable wormhole and got assimilated that way. this was mainly used as an excuse for why she wears the TOS outfit. :p

Cool. If possible I can create a Caitian I might have him be my main toons grandfather or something.
  • xablisxablis Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    So, nearly a dozen new ships for the federation and still no equivalent to the Jupiter class from last fall for the KDF or Romulan players? Very nice cryptic, very nice....
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    The hunch I'm getting is that these temporal agents will be able to time travel from TOS to the current timeline and back again. I could be wrong, but hope I'm not, it would be cool to have temporal ships that can actually "time travel".

Maybe,and I'm really hoping here again, is that there will be some TOS style STFs Maybe with the Na'kuhl?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

The hunch I'm getting is that these temporal agents will be able to time travel from TOS to the current timeline and back again. I could be wrong, but hope I'm not, it would be cool to have temporal ships that can actually "time travel".

Maybe,and I'm really hoping here again, is that there will be some TOS style STFs Maybe with the Na'kuhl?

Brainstorming over it a bit, my current idea is that we'll still be creating 25th cen. characters, still starting with the 2409 graduation, but somehow we'll end up in the TOS era. Either as a favor for cap. Walker, or we just get... "shoved" there by an accident or anomaly, then we spend the first (normally the Klingon War) story arc figuring out how to get back home. All the while, we play the good little TOS-era officer's role.
    -
  • hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    YES!!!!!!!!!!
    NCC - 1701
    I have no words of how happy I am what a great B-day present :)
    Kirk out!
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    We're pleased to announce Agents of Yesterday, the third full expansion to Star Trek Online!

Delve into the past this Summer 2016.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Going to keep this short and sweet:

1- This is awesome news!
    2- Thank you to the entire team that works on this game for finally coming up with some content that zeroes in on my specific interests. As much as I love TNG, DS9, Voyager and even the Cryptic's own stuff (like the Odyssey uniforms), I really really dig TOS era everything.
    3- I came close to spending money on a Romulan pack but backed off. Not so with this.

I eagerly await reading more about this expansion. And I'm really excited to play new TOS era focused content!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]