test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Someone explain Bio-Neural Warhead DPS

predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
Simply put, the tooltip says 42K kinetic damage on detonation. The actual number that floats away is between 2.8K and 3K. My regular torps do this kind of damage, so there's got to be something more than kinetic res at play.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    shielded target or unshielded? What you describe seems typical for shield bleed through.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    once every 30 min it fires a massive torp that, if your target's shields are down, does ok damage.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Bio-Neural warhead also does some damage on its way to the target, using some sort of beam from its bow. I've not used one for quite a while, but it's pretty handy in a target-rich environment, although a bit slow. :|
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    It's an antiproton point defence, 454k per sec. Not bad at all. It's a great conflict starter as it can be fired from 15km and the hangar pets on attack mode follow it into battle. If you have a Tetryon weapon wearing down the shields it's a great finishing weapon
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    As mentioned, the 42K probably means max damage on an unshielded hull.

The Bio-Neural isn't special because it does mass damage (I think it is standard tricobalt or something for damage), it is because it has AI, shields, and a point defense weapon. So in essence, it can fly around, switch targets, take some hits, and shoot things on its way to its target.

Some people have used it as a 'shuttle pet' on shuttle missions. Since it is too slow to catch most shuttles, it flies around soaking up hits and zapping targets until it dissipates.
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    BNW tooltip says 42K kindam to hull. Regular torp says 10k kindam to hull. Both average 3k kindam to hull, whether it hits unshielded quadrant or not. That's really the only thing I'm concerned about atm.
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    as it flies in circles I found it hard to get rid of the shields on that side that the torp finally attacks - I was also disappointed and stopped using it. Expected a big bang and only got a tudd. An updated ingame description would be excellent
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982