test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duped Admirality Cards

guerillafrankguerillafrank Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hi,

As we are all aware of it there were some issues with the latest episodes released with previously discarded items flooding back into the inventory including items, doffs, promo boxes, etc...

One of my characters (Arch@guerillafrank) got stuck with an extra Phoenix Shuttle Replica and Assimilated Assault Cruiser. The patches didn't fix these glithces. It's been a bit annoying at the beginning, got gradually worse later and there is no option to get rid of these cards. I've been trying to get a GM in game, sent a bug report too. Actually I've sent like 3 GM tickets, none of them show up in the history. I never used any of the extra cards, but their presence ticks me and I want to get rid of them badly. Please, please, pretty please get someone to fix this one for me... please. :)

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    There's no point in sending "GM tickets", either the function doesn't do anything (as @pwlaughingtrendy at one point may or may not have ironically verified pig-3.gif) or at the very least we as end-users have no way of telling wether or not those reports are registred anywhere.

What you can do however is write a email to customersupport@perfectworld.com - they usually reply within 24 hours and the issues I had were resolved very quickly, including the restoration of lost items - maybe they can remove your items as well pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    This was raised with the OST as soon as it was discovered. Personally I had the Phoenix replica and Assimilated cruiser duplicated.​​
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Why would you want to get rid of extra admiralty cards? It doesn't do any harm, I was quite happy to have extras.
    1xe027q.png
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    There's no point in sending "GM tickets", either the function doesn't do anything (as @pwlaughingtrendy at one point may or may not have ironically verified pig-3.gif) or at the very least we as end-users have no way of telling wether or not those reports are registred anywhere.
    ​​
    Link post?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Link post?

I misremembered, it was about the "report spam" button and a questionable community manager pig-17.gifpig-2.gif

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12800334/#Comment_12800334

I retract my previous statement, I have actually no idea if GM tickets do anything. I stand by that however we players have no way of telling wether or not they do as they don't get listed under "my tickets".​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Link post?

I misremembered, it was about the "report spam" button and a questionable community manager pig-17.gifpig-2.gif

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12800334/#Comment_12800334

I retract my previous statement, I have actually no idea if GM tickets do anything. I stand by that however we players have no way of telling wether or not they do as they don't get listed under "my tickets".​​
    Oh I see.

I meant (and still do mean) that people should utilize sending in tickets. While there are options in-game to prevent abuse, too often people seem unwilling to utilize our support. If someone is actively harassing you, you should also feel empowered to speak with our support team (including with that email address). :)

Hope that clears things up.
  • x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Why would you want to get rid of extra admiralty cards? It doesn't do any harm, I was quite happy to have extras.

Yes, I'm seriously confused why the OP is upset that they have gotten bonus Admiralty cards that make everything so much easier.

I'm sitting here raising my glass saying "Thank you for not taking them away!"
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    If you need a reason, maybe they read the terms of service section on exploiting game bugs and it worried them into wanting them removed asap. I've not used mine because I have too many characters to do admiralty enough to need that many cards.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    If someone is actively harassing you, you should also feel empowered to speak with our support team (including with that email address). :)

Did you guys ever address the 'get a posse to use the hidden function of report spam to grief someone' issue?
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    illcadia wrote: »
    If someone is actively harassing you, you should also feel empowered to speak with our support team (including with that email address). :)

Did you guys ever address the 'get a posse to use the hidden function of report spam to grief someone' issue?

Dentals do that to people a lot.
    1xe027q.png
  • guerillafrankguerillafrank Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I forgot to mention that for whatever magical reason, the support function refuses to load with any browser. I was able to get as far as to verify by e-mail that it's me, afterwards it haven't loaded the page anymore. Page tried to load too many times or some bull like that.

And to those who are puzzled by the fact that this anomaly irritates me... well, deal with it. :D

So forgive me that I won't turn my PC upside down to get in touch with the customer service, but still I'd really appreciate the intervention of a mod or anyone from staff.