test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So... where's the news?

teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
Last time there was a Recruit thing, you guys were really good about giving us a heads up and Trendy was really active in responding to the community. I really liked that.

While I appreciate the blogs that offer commentary on the overall stories, I miss having more news as to what's happening with STO. I don't want to take away from all the great things Cryptic has done for the game in the past year and it has been great, but I've always felt best about this game when communication was at its height. That doesn't mean I was always happy with the direction that devs were going, but I did appreciate having a sense of where things were going.

So... are we getting our Recruit soon or not?
edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Replying to the community is hard and generally a waste of time. They stopped doing it.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    The recruitment event will happen at some point, we're just not sure when. It could be Thursday (doubtful with the lack of news), or it could be after the summer event, etc.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    In the current feature mission, at the end, Walker says they will have to recruit temporal officers to deal with the Na'kuhl, so I have to believe that pretty much confirms another Delta Recruit event only with Temporal Recruits this time.

They haven't yet confirmed it, or said when it would be, but I have to believe it will be soon. What I really want to know is if they'll do like they did last time and give us a free character slot. I hope so, because I'm maxed out.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Hope it is soon since there's no time limits on these and overlapping with CC event and restoration would go just fine.

I also need a free character slot. I have no intention of buying 2 as I have too many toons already, but no more room for any, and not a chance I'm deleting any either.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I wonder if Cryptic has been told to roll out Their new stuff in 'low key mode' so as not to take away any of the hype for Paramount's "Beyond" movie.
    Since the BIG announcement about the "Come-to-the-Fan-TRIBBLE-Special-Screening-of-the-next-Trailer-That-We-are-probably-going-to charge-a-Fee-for", these forums have been unusually remiss in keeping us informed.

I wouldn't put it past the Exec's to have brought down the 'cone-of-silence hammer' till their baby hits the screens.

They apparently still think we can't handle more than one Trek Event at a time, cause... you know, it's our fault for not being all gung-ho about their first trailer.
    :|
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Well it's JJ Trek. I'm more hyped for the TV series next january than for this film.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    Well it's JJ Trek. I'm more hyped for the TV series next january than for this film.

This and then some.....

But I still can't shake the feeling that tomorrow is just going to be some sort of announcement rather than a surprise mission or such.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Maybe the Na'kuhl cancelled 5/5 and we're the only people aware something is wrong. But that'd imply the Na'kuhl are competent at disrupting a timeline.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    All I can say is: Keep your minds open as to what is going to happen.

I can tell you what I read on STO Reddit:

Some one made a fake account, edited the Delta Recruit announcement to read Temporal Recruit. And said announcement was posted to STO Reddit a week or so ago...

I would not be at all surprised if this speculation didn't get started from that faked announcement.

The faked Temporal Recruit announcement was removed once it was found out. I never got to see it.

I read about it here...and that is all the information I have on that: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4hbjlc/predictions_for_552016/d2oxk9g
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    I totally forgot that there is a Star Trek movie coming out, does that not tell how bad the JJVerse is curbing the franchise? (At least in some peoples opinions).

Beyond will be the first Trek movie I have decided to not see in the theatre.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    I'd rather have a tribble than just news...I guess we ran out of enough baddies that we have to go back in time to re-do story arcs? WHY the original TOS? not very fond of those epsisodes...they look kind of OLD. Instead they should have gone forward in time at least with ENT or the new Enterprise movies.​​
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    Alright folks, official announcement is a go. Closing this.
    For the discussion about the expansion - clicky HERE.
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.