test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unstable Anomalies... Unstable?

tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
Since the last patch on the 28th, I have been getting these "black explosions" centered on my vessels. Even when out of combat, when they trigger, it momentarily puts me into Alert status.
I believe I have tracked it down to mt Unstable Anomalies space trait:
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Unstable_Anomalies
As I noticed that the explosions were happening when my Gravity Wells would expire, and confirmed it by unslotting the trait.

Has anyone else noticed this effect? I thought the trait procced on the Well/Rift and not the ship?

Comments

• sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    I noticed it as well, thought it was standard for it, so I stopped using it.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • glcolinglcolin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have notice the same thing... I didn't really know what it was until now.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Good to know it just isn't me...

When I first noticed it, I have commented about it in Fleet, Zone, DPS 10k, and Sci channels... but no one else seemed to know about it.

Now the question is... do I ask to have this moved to the Bug forum or is it intended?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yep, noticed it especially in the Na'Kuhl Red Alerts. Not so much in CCA. But there the effect may get swallowed up in the light festival around the Entity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I have seen it in Centerpoint, Gre'Thor, normal RAs... pretty much everywhere.
    It's a bit annoying when I hit full impulse to get to a different part of the map, only to have it knock me out... at least the interuption is pretty short.
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I see it whenever one of my gravity wells collapse, but I haven't noticed any damage from it. The new VFX from the temporal rifts are bugged too when they overlap with other things but that's a different issue.

This seems to affect the unstable anomalies trait only.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Oh, good I was beginning to worry that it was just me. I noticed this about a week ago while I was in the Undine Battlezone. After a bit of testing with powers, traits, and consoles I came to the same conclusion as the rest of you. Personally, I think it must be a bug as a new but intended effect shouldn't be knocking us out of full impulse, even if just for a moment. :* I submitted a ticket a couple days ago in-game, so hopefully this will be looked at soon. I know, I know tickets can languish for a long time occasionally... but fingers crossed as I find this vfx rather annoying. Especially when you get aftershock gravity wells and it happens several times over a few seconds, repeatedly knocking you out of full impulse when you are trying to reach the next battlezone objective point. o:)
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • eighrichteeighrichte Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Yes — the same visual used to be centered on the GW or TR, but as of last patch it's centered on the player. I don't know if this is purely a visual bug, or if it affects the functionality.
    @pwlaughingtrendy

Would it be possible to get this moved over to the bug forum, please?
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    Well the trait is complete trash anyway so I doubt we miss it.
    Thank you for your insightful "complete trash" comment/input, which is non-germane to the subject at hand.... It does not appear to be working properly. Whether mechanically or graphically is unknown.

But come again sometime, when you can add to the conversation.