test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground charakter moving issues

I really need help. I have problem with my moving on the Ground scenarios. I playing on my notebook Lenovo G50-70 more then 2 and half years. Evertyhing was O.K., before season 11.5. Now in a groung mission my charakter in "B" mode going only forward. I have still click on button "Ctrl", if I want turn not only with camera look, but with my charakter move. Anytime, when I do not running and I stoped, I must have one my finger on Touchpad (for move), with another my finger click on Ctrl, and after I could moving with my charakter for look around, see enemies, could shooting and moving on ground. But if I stop run (moving), after I must doing everything again. What is wrong with Options?! I'am absolutly powerless and tired from that problem. Thank you, for any resolution and answer. Sincerelly, author and writer Victoria Kanakaredes.
tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
(Socrates)

Comments

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I don't really understand. What do you mean by you cannot shoot and see enemies?

"B" by default is "shooter mode" where mouse automatically moves character left-right and has semi-manual targeting.

I can't be sure if the following are default options or if I've tweaked them, and I don't us shooter mode:

Regular "RPG" mode (pressing B key again) uses WSAD to turn, and mouse right press+hold to look around while turning character left-right. Left mouse press+hold allows looking around without turning your character - at least that's how I have it set up.

To run, it's E+tap shift once, then continue holding E. To continue auto-running, press R. Alternatively, press R to normal run, then tap shift to sprint. Once you stop running, you have to repeat this sequence of keys, which makes sense really.

To me at least, control options have not changed with season 11.5.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I don't really understand. What do you mean by you cannot shoot and see enemies?

"B" by default is "shooter mode" where mouse automatically moves character left-right and has semi-manual targeting.

I can't be sure if the following are default options or if I've tweaked them, and I don't us shooter mode:

Regular "RPG" mode (pressing B key again) uses WSAD to turn, and mouse right press+hold to look around while turning character left-right. Left mouse press+hold allows looking around without turning your character - at least that's how I have it set up.

To run, it's E+tap shift once, then continue holding E. To continue auto-running, press R. Alternatively, press R to normal run, then tap shift to sprint. Once you stop running, you have to repeat this sequence of keys, which makes sense really.

To me at least, control options have not changed with season 11.5.

I really thank you, that you answered me. I will try use Google translate for better English:

The ground mission just before I clicked on the "B" and I could just by moving my finger across the TouchPad surface to control not only the direction of view, but the movement of my character. But now I have to click on the "B", then by moving my finger over the smooth surface of the TouchPad bring the character to move forward, but so that I can also change the direction of movement of the character, I have to press the Ctrl key. I have to repeat this whenever a character stops.
    Thus, the main problem is that I do not know how to get rid of the need to press the Ctrl key figures of the movement.
    Since the above need every time I want to bring a character to move in line with the view mode press "B", also clicking on the "Ctrl" my character has a slow and vulnerable.

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Playing with touchpad... jeez that's not gonna work. I would say get a bluetooth mouse (there are cheap ones) and play in RPG camera mode.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    bernatk wrote: »
    Playing with touchpad... jeez that's not gonna work. I would say get a bluetooth mouse (there are cheap ones) and play in RPG camera mode.

Yes, I play with the TouchPad. I've been used to the TouchPad for many years. I'm from the "older" generation, and I'm glad I do not have to use the "mouse" anymore. I enjoyed "mice" more than enough at a time when laptops did not exist, and computers used floppy disks.

(Socrates)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edguN8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.